HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trade Proposal Van/Mon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=257016)

sdbullet 06-02-2006 09:17 PM

Trade Proposal Van/Mon

Canucks get: Ryder, Zednik, draft pick/prospect
Habs get: Bertuzzi, conditional pick/prospect or Cloutier

There are rumours that Aebischer does not want to play behind Huet, this trade will allow you to move Aebischer yet retain a veteran like Cloutier to backup Huet for one season as he will be an UFA at the end of the year. Bertuzzi gives you that large goal scoring presence to play with Koivu who would be the perfect center for him.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Some slight adjustments could be made very easily.

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-02-2006 09:30 PM

One word: NEVER!

First of all, I hate Todd Bertuzzi alot plus, he is not the same player he was in the past and we don't have no Markus Naslund he can leach from. I'm not a big Ryder fan but I'd rather keep him than to trade him for Bertuzzi. So no thanks.

Habs13 06-02-2006 09:31 PM

No dice. Betuzzi is not wanted...

habsprospects 06-02-2006 10:17 PM

: GunOnTheHeadBangSmilie :

Kirk Muller 06-02-2006 11:51 PM

Quick question. If Bertuzzi didn't "Bertuzzi" Moore,would people want him on their team?

Personally i'd take Bertuzzi in a heart beat. Basing him after one season where he hadn't played anywhere in well over a year is absolutey ridiciulous. I believe he needs out of Vancouver which i don't know will happen now that Crawford is gone. Crawford wasn't well liked by many Canuck players, and i think his act runs thin after a few years. Montreal has nobody like him. I gaurentee half the people who say they hate him now would love it when he crunches someone or scores. All i know is, after watching him play probably 200 times over the last few years, i'd rather have him then Kovalev.

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-03-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
Quick question. If Bertuzzi didn't "Bertuzzi" Moore,would people want him on their team?

Personally i'd take Bertuzzi in a heart beat. Basing him after one season where he hadn't played anywhere in well over a year is absolutey ridiciulous. I believe he needs out of Vancouver which i don't know will happen now that Crawford is gone. Crawford wasn't well liked by many Canuck players, and i think his act runs thin after a few years. Montreal has nobody like him. I gaurentee half the people who say they hate him now would love it when he crunches someone or scores. All i know is, after watching him play probably 200 times over the last few years, i'd rather have him then Kovalev.

Never liked Bertuzzi, accident or not. I'm not a fan of big b*tches who only assets are to be physical and to have a great shot. Sure, they are usefull players but I don't see any "Bertuzzis" on Edmonton or Carolina. They have grinders, but no 6'4 losers who leaches Markus Naslund.

habsprospects 06-03-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13

Hell NO

Traitor8 06-03-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdbullet

There are rumours that Aebischer does not want to play behind Huet, this trade will allow you to move Aebischer yet retain a veteran like Cloutier to backup Huet for one season as he will be an UFA at the end of the year. Bertuzzi gives you that large goal scoring presence to play with Koivu who would be the perfect center for him.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Some slight adjustments could be made very easily.

Danis should be backup ..not Cloutier..

and I don't believe Bertuzzi will command that much at all

Un HabitHuet* 06-03-2006 12:38 AM

How come people hate Bertuzzi so much, and yet hold no grudge against Heatley?

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-03-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un HabitHuet
How come people hate Bertuzzi so much, and yet hold no grudge against Heatley?

Because Heatley had a car accident and Bertuzzi punch a guy on the back of his head ON PURPOSE!

If one of your friend had a Ferrari, I bet you would ask him to "push it a little". So let's say that Heatley was just unlucky. People that age are often stupid when driving a car...

Danadiens 06-03-2006 12:45 AM

I would take Bert without thinking

http://www.Project-Yoshi.net/Click.php?eleveur=BDan

Un HabitHuet* 06-03-2006 12:46 AM

I'm sure Bertuzzi didn't want to end Moore's career with that punch either. We could also talk about him being unlucky.

''Pushing a car a little'' is just as stupid.

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-03-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

I'm sure Bertuzzi didn't want to end Moore's career with that punch either. We could also talk about him being unlucky.

Bertuzzi went after a guy's head ON PURPOSE! Of course he didn't wanted to end his career but he wanted to hurt him for sure. Snyder was probably as stupid as Heatley, I'm sure the guy wanted to see how fast the car could go... You can't compare the two incidents.

Un HabitHuet* 06-03-2006 01:13 AM

Both didn't act responsibly. Heatley put the pedal to the floor ON PURPOSE! too as you'd say. Todd didn't want to hurt him more (excuse the pun) than you'd like to hurt an oponent in a hockey game.

Souffle 06-03-2006 01:54 AM

Me like Bertuzzi.

gars59 06-03-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdbullet

Bertuzzi 5.3?? not sure for Ryder 1.5 +Bonk 2

we dont want cloutier !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madfire:

BJCOLLINS 06-03-2006 07:34 AM

Bert will bounce back and have a big year but he has a huge contract $5.3 million....our needs are well documented 1st or 2nd C and top pairing D. I think BG will spend $ on those needs first.

Habber 06-03-2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Bertuzzi went after a guy's head ON PURPOSE! Of course he didn't wanted to end his career but he wanted to hurt him for sure. Snyder was probably as stupid as Heatley, I'm sure the guy wanted to see how fast the car could go... You can't compare the two incidents.

He punched a guy in the head??? ON PURPOSE??? In a hockey game??? Perish the thought.

How come when Havlat's name gets mentioned, people are all over him to come here, yet he has a stick swinging incident that was just as bad as Bertuzzi. What if the guy Perezhogin hit was hurt badly and never played hockey again? Or why don't people spit venom when Gary Suter's name is mentioned. Or McSorley, Dale Hunter, Scott Stevens etc, etc.

Fact is, there's a long list of horrible incidents that have happenned in the NHL. Bert's was no worse than many of them, yet he gets ragged on. Get over it.

Lewis63 06-03-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
Bert will bounce back and have a big year but he has a huge contract $5.3 million....our needs are well documented 1st or 2nd C and top pairing D. I think BG will spend $ on those needs first.

Our needs are to score more goals.

habs-4-life 06-03-2006 08:44 AM

I agree. We need a BIG goal scorer!

Also, why not go get Roberto Luongo!

nyhabsfan 06-03-2006 08:52 AM

What many of you seem to forget is that Bertuzzi is on the DOWNSIDE of his career and is making $5.3 this year and is a UFA the following year!

Ryder has only played 2 years, and even though I was very critical of him play last year (very weak along the boards)... a 30 goal scorer making just over million, and not eligable not UFA for at least 4 more years is a hell of an asset.

In the new NHL, you look a salary, talent AND the future of the player!!!

NO way Gainey does this deal! :shakehead

mcphee 06-03-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Bert's more than unlucky. He's had a string of incidents going back to Jr. I've never seen him over 80 games, more just the late HNIC game that i doze off during. He's still productive. He brings some elements the team lacks. Morally do I want the guy on my team is a different question. Are the stories of him being a pain in the butt to be around,true ? I don't know. My thinking is that if you can get him without giving up an asset you consider essential, well, you have a serious discussion about how he impacts your team. It's a tough call in terms of trade value because it's difficult to predict what the competitive offers might be. If you trade Ryder, bingo, 30 goals are gone, 20 left with Bullis, so you'd better be sure.

Mike8 06-03-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Bertuzzi went after a guy's head ON PURPOSE! Of course he didn't wanted to end his career but he wanted to hurt him for sure.

I'm sure when Kovalev launched his elbow into Tucker's face that it was just an expression of love.

Fact is: every game a player hits another player and intends to hurt that player; whether it be a slash, bodycheck, punch, etcetera. They're all done purposely.

Bertuzzi went overboard in a situation where he felt a need to seek revenge for a borderline hit on his friend & teammate. This is also common practice and a respected attribute in hockey (to defend one's teammate). The fact that Bertuzzi went a little overboard, and the results were so severe for Moore, as well as the media's general distaste for Bertuzzi has led to an extreme overreaction to the incident.

Bertuzzi's not the devil. He didn't do anything that isn't relatively common practice (still) in hockey. There've been far worse incidents in hockey. Bertuzzi's not a slug either. He's a bonafide star player.

I don't know what his value is, but I suspect it's not as high as it should be--both due to this incident, and his contract. I'd still take him on Montreal though.

No interest in Cloutier.

EDIT: I see I've essentially written the same thing Habber already has. Oh well. ;)

Mike8 06-03-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
How come when Havlat's name gets mentioned, people are all over him to come here, yet he has a stick swinging incident that was just as bad as Bertuzzi.

Nevermind the fact that Havlat's had two kicking incidents as well.

Those are three serious no-nos; all three as serious as Bertuzzi's. All three could have been as dangerous.

beowulf 06-03-2006 09:40 AM

No thanks. Burtuzzi will never be the player has was and I think Ryder can match his goal output from this point forward.