HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Siklenka Claimed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25731)

L.I.RangerFan 11-05-2003 12:27 PM

Siklenka Claimed
 
Philadelphia re-claimed Mike Siklenka.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/st.htm

E-Train 11-05-2003 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Philadelphia re-claimed Mike Siklenka.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/st.htm

buh bye, one less player to block our prospects

DLaCouture39 11-05-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train
buh bye, one less player to block our prospects

Hmm We lose Hereema, Petrovicky, and Heins to select Keefe, Siklenka and we lost them a few weeks later, what a waste of waiver draft, at least we got Bouchard still. :dunno:

#37-#93-#27* 11-05-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Hmm We lose Hereema, Petrovicky, and Heins to select Keefe, Siklenka and we lost them a few weeks later, what a waste of waiver draft, at least we got Bouchard still. :dunno:

um we lost Hereema, Petro and Heins because we didn't have room for them on the waiver list.

we lose Siklenka and Keefe so we can make room for Dominic Moore and Paul Healy.

I see nothing wrong with that.

King Nothing* 11-05-2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
um we lost Hereema, Petro and Heins because we didn't have room for them on the waiver list.

we lose Siklenka and Keefe so we can make room for Dominic Moore and Paul Healy.

I see nothing wrong with that.


I don't either. I like to call these little quotes and sayings as Satherisms. See, there are certain people here who hold a vendetta against Sather regardless what he does. If he does something wrong then he is bashed. If he does something good they make it look wrong and bashed again. Some of it is really silly. If these people know so much about team building then why aren't they the President and GM of the Rangers instead of Sather?

#37-#93-#27* 11-05-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
I don't either. I like to call these little quotes and sayings as Satherisms. See, there are certain people here who hold a vendetta against Sather regardless what he does. If he does something wrong then he is bashed. If he does something good they make it look wrong and bashed again. Some of it is really silly. If these people know so much about team building then why aren't they the President and GM of the Rangers instead of Sather?

Sather has done very little to receive positive feedbacks. Most his moves warrent bashing. This however is not one of them, I agree with that.

Leetch 11-05-2003 04:43 PM

He's made some good moves(ciger for barnaby, stealing Kovalev, acquiring Dunham and Markannen, dealing off dead weight like Graves, Taylor, and Kamensky) and he's made some bad moves(Bure, signing Ciger in the first place, Oliwa, Malakhov, overpaying Holik and Kasparitus, signing Ulanov and Karpa). I think his best move may have been moving Tom Renney from the front office to the coaching staff. This guy really seems to know his X's and O's. He might be the main reason they are playing so disciplined and accountable right now.

Barnaby 11-05-2003 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapa999
He played Kamensky for a whole season before he got rid of him. I have to say that Sather even if made some good moves before, it really doesn't matter, because the team had not done crap yet and haven't developed many young players, intead lost a lot of picks and good prospects.

It's hard to bench Kamensky when your signing that big paycheck every week... I'll save my criticism for the Ulanov, Karpa, Kaspar signings.... all three were absolutely brutal.

Edge 11-05-2003 09:42 PM

he could stock the players with 100 prospects but will it really matter if they aren't played in place of guys like hlvac and rucinsky?


sather deserves every bit of criticism he gets {though i agree this isnt one of those times, though i would've liked to see Keefe get a shot which pisses me off a little}. this team hasnt made the playoffs under his watch and has, if anything, regressed going into this season.

right now his best move was hiring renney to run some X's and o's.

this team has some descent prospects but i dunno where people get off thinking the cupboard is restocked by any means, i dont think this team even ranks in the top 15 in prospects at the moment, which puts it in the bottom half of the league.

which again brings us to my original point, what good does it do if they dont play?

i am not asking that they be given anything more than a chance, especially with certain guys on this team getting unlimited chances.

sather most go to the ronald regan school of thought because god knows this team will turn around 8 years after he leaves and his supporters will be telling everyone it was his doing.

barnaby63 11-06-2003 02:10 AM

how did sather overpay for holik? sure he gave him 9 million(which decreases year by year) but toronto was offering 8.5 million and jersey was offering 8. so of course he would have to offer more than those 2 teams to get holik. i dont see that as overpaying. the kasparaitis signing is a little over-payed especially with the years left on the contract.

Melrose_Jr. 11-06-2003 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
If these people know so much about team building then why aren't they the President and GM of the Rangers instead of Sather?

You Sather suck-ups kill me. The Rangers have been the laughing stock of the NHL from the day Sather got here, but you're down on your knees every time he finds even a modicum of success. He's acheived the worst possible result that he could as GM of this team, and you're telling me there's no way I couldn't have gotten a better result? Are you kidding?

I really could care less about Siklenka, but I want answers as to why Keefe can't find a spot in the lineup in the context of Hlavac's play.

klingsor 11-06-2003 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
If these people know so much about team building then why aren't they the President and GM of the Rangers instead of Sather?

You like Sather? Fine, but that is as specious an argument as I've ever heard.

Last thing I built was something with my erector set when I was a child. So does that mean I can't criticize the folks who built that parking lot in Atlantic City?

Davisian 11-06-2003 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
specious

Big word for a guy who doesn't know how to build anything..

klingsor 11-06-2003 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
Big word for a guy who doesn't know how to build anything..

A man is having dinner with his girlfriend. She tells him that she no longer wants to see him. He asks her why. She says that her friends told her that he was a pedophile.














His response: "Pedophile is an awfully big word for a ten year old, isn't it?"

Davisian 11-06-2003 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
His response: "Pedophile is an awfully big word for a ten year old, isn't it?"

Now I get it, the "Y" in Klingsor's Wyf stands for YOUNG.. :p:p

But we both know her maturity and intelligence goes far beyond her 12 years..:D

True Blue 11-06-2003 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
See, there are certain people here who hold a vendetta against Sather regardless what he does. If he does something wrong then he is bashed. If he does something good they make it look wrong and bashed again. Some of it is really silly. If these people know so much about team building then why aren't they the President and GM of the Rangers instead of Sather?

That's about as silly as it gets. That's like saying if all of these people know so much about politics, then why aren't they running the UN? Last I checked it was not against the law to express an opinion.
The problem with this is not that Siklenka got claimed. It's that we lost players like him, Keefe, Hereema, Petro and Heins when there was no need to do so. Instead of exposing them, why couldn't Messier, Kasper, Malacough, or Bobo be exposed? It's not like someone would claim them. Believe me no one is picking up a 42 year old Messier's $4m+ contract. And no one would touch the Kasper, Malacough or Krispy. So there was no need to loose the young players that were claimed originally before ever seeing what they could do. We could have made the callups that we made and still have the younger players on the squad.

John Flyers Fan 11-06-2003 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
how did sather overpay for holik? sure he gave him 9 million(which decreases year by year) but toronto was offering 8.5 million and jersey was offering 8. so of course he would have to offer more than those 2 teams to get holik. i dont see that as overpaying. the kasparaitis signing is a little over-payed especially with the years left on the contract.


9 million for a great 3rd line center is overpayment, and it would have been overpayment for the Leafs & Devils as well.

#37-#93-#27* 11-06-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
9 million for a great 3rd line center is overpayment, and it would have been overpayment for the Leafs & Devils as well.

Holik is very good at what he does but yea he's deffinitely not worth 9 mill per year. Not even half maybe.

Edge 11-06-2003 11:38 AM

on behalf of the king nothing argument i'd like to offer an apology.

I want to apologize for deciding to not go into hockey {specificully the executive field}.

Today I will officially resign from current position and turn in my diplomas. I will return my Bachelors in Communication {and throw in my minor in marketing} and I will turn in my two MBA's in Services Marketing and Finance.

Starting in January I will fly myself to NY, where I will from Professor Sather learn how to properly construct a non-playoff team. I will learn the secrets of scouting and drafting the Lee Falardeau's of the world and for developing young kids with 5 mintues a game.

Upon completion of these studies i will successfully turn my own team into a winner with the same model of success the Rangers have incorporated since 1997.

Thank you.

Davisian 11-06-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
on behalf of the king nothing argument i'd like to offer an apology.

I want to apologize for deciding to not go into hockey {specificully the executive field}.

Today I will officially resign from current position and turn in my diplomas. I will return my Bachelors in Communication {and throw in my minor in marketing} and I will turn in my two MBA's in Services Marketing and Finance.

Starting in January I will fly myself to NY, where I will from Professor Sather learn how to properly construct a non-playoff team. I will learn the secrets of scouting and drafting the Lee Falardeau's of the world and for developing young kids with 5 mintues a game.

Upon completion of these studies i will successfully turn my own team into a winner with the same model of success the Rangers have incorporated since 1997.

Thank you.


Source?

Edge 11-06-2003 11:46 AM

Here ya go

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...1&pagenumber=2


:moon:

ddheyman 11-06-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapa999
He played Kamensky for a whole season before he got rid of him. I have to say that Sather even if made some good moves before, it really doesn't matter, because the team had not done crap yet and haven't developed many young players, intead lost a lot of picks and good prospects.

Was Sather coach when Kamensky was here? Don't recall that being the case ...

barnaby63 11-06-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
9 million for a great 3rd line center is overpayment, and it would have been overpayment for the Leafs & Devils as well.

i understand your point, which i agree with but alot of rangers bashers around the league seem to forget toronto and new jersey offered around the same amount as the rangers, but yet the rangers get bashed? 9 million is overpaying but the market dictated it.

#37-#93-#27* 11-06-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
i understand your point, which i agree with but alot of rangers bashers around the league seem to forget toronto and new jersey offered around the same amount as the rangers, but yet the rangers get bashed? 9 million is overpaying but the market dictated it.

What's so difficult to understand? Rangers are being bashed because it's them who ended up signing him. You think Toronto and the Devils (dev's especially) would not get bashed if they had signed him to a similar contract?

Edge 11-06-2003 06:02 PM

probably not because they would've used him right, and NJ still would have probably one the cup so {like the yankees} winning erases all bad memories and price tags.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.