HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Selling Tickets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25749)

theoil 11-05-2003 02:09 PM

Selling Tickets

I just started posting on this site this past summer and I'm not sure what the policy is on posting tickets for sale. I just got 2 more tickets for the Heritage Classic and was thinking of selling them but I want to make money on them. Is there a policy here against that?

Allan 11-05-2003 02:55 PM

There's a law against that, if I'm not mistaken. Anything over face value is called scalping. I'm not sure what exceptions exist, but I was under the impression that the only exception was charitable auctions.

LawnDemon 11-05-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoil
I just started posting on this site this past summer and I'm not sure what the policy is on posting tickets for sale. I just got 2 more tickets for the Heritage Classic and was thinking of selling them but I want to make money on them. Is there a policy here against that?

i don't know if there is a policy against that or not. i suspect there is.

at any rate, i will gladly enter into the bidding for those tickets. i'll assume the auction will continue off-line. perhaps you can PM me (or send me an email - the one in my user profile is valid) and let me know how you intend to proceed.

dem 11-05-2003 03:14 PM

Sell like.. a hockey card and include the tickets as a bonus :p

Thats what theyre doing all over ebay now..

Allan 11-05-2003 03:18 PM

Obviously there are loopholes.

I can't find the law anywhere online because it is provincial, and the Queen's Press in Alberta charges a subscription fee to view the law books (stupid capitalism ;)), but I found several old news stories which referred to the principle I mentioned in my last post.

Oiler94 11-05-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem
Sell like.. a hockey card and include the tickets as a bonus :p

Thats what theyre doing all over ebay now..

Can you show us an example?

edmontonoilers89 11-05-2003 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiler94
Can you show us an example?

Just did a quick Ebay search.

Click here

If you notice, everyone is selling keychains, pins, cards, AND an added bonus of Heritage Classic Hockey Tickets.

Those pins :p sure are going for alot though! :eek:

theoil 11-05-2003 09:26 PM

Thanks guys. I had no idea. All I knew is that I already had to buy and give away 4 tickets so when these were offered to me I thought I would try and at least break even on what I had to already fork out.

Mowzie 11-05-2003 09:30 PM

Ya, a guy I go to school with, his dad bought a "Ryan Smyth poster" for I think $440 American on Ebay.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 11-05-2003 10:01 PM

some went for around 2 grand american for 2 tickets...and a gretzky CD lol