HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   More JD Talk.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=257537)

Draft Guru 06-05-2006 01:39 PM

More JD Talk..

About halfway down this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2471053

Quote:

Russo: BREAKING NEWS!

Burnside: After several days of intense discussion, former Hartford coach and high-profile analyst Pierre McGuire has declined an offer to join new Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero as director of player personnel, sources told ESPN.com Monday morning. With the imminent move of long-time hockey analyst John Davidson to St. Louis, where he is expected to be named president when the sale of the team to Dave Checketts is finalized in the coming weeks, it's believed McGuire thought it was the wrong time to get back into management with national broadcast opportunities in the wings

MisterUnspoken 06-05-2006 02:01 PM

Say it ain't so!

If he leaves I hope he does well in St Louis.

BigCanada77 06-05-2006 03:54 PM

Broadcasting opportunities in the wings??? Pierre better not be talkin bout MSG, or I will kill myself.

Bird Law 06-05-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCanada77
Broadcasting opportunities in the wings??? Pierre better not be talkin bout MSG, or I will kill myself.

I think they definately mean OLN.

Brooklyn Ranger 06-05-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription

Exactly, the article quoted above says "national broadcast opportunites".

BigE 06-05-2006 05:23 PM

In the words of Pierre McGuire: "WHAMMO!!"

BigCanada77 06-05-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

I know, just a sideways way of showing my dissapproval of Mr. Inside the Glass.

Bird Law 06-05-2006 06:32 PM

I actually enjoy Pierre.

He's a breath of fresh air and definately knows and loves the game.

shoothepuck 06-05-2006 07:17 PM

No Pierre please.

In The Flesh 06-05-2006 09:08 PM

I really like Pierre as well, He knows his stuff, but he doesn't compare to JD who is a New York Ranger, I still don't believe he can go, I mean him and Sam drive to the games together, they're best friends, I can't believe JD would leave that for a dump franchise, and I hope St. Louis stays garbage, I like Chicago anyway. If he does go, he'll be back, but for the time being I like Eddie O for the job or Gravey if he's interested, and I also like Darren Pang, if he would leave Phoenix but I doubt he would, Gretzky and the Arizona weather and all.

Godfather 06-05-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMessiah1194
I really like Pierre as well, He knows his stuff, but he doesn't compare to JD who is a New York Ranger, I still don't believe he can go, I mean him and Sam drive to the games together, they're best friends, I can't believe JD would leave that for a dump franchise, and I hope St. Louis stays garbage, I like Chicago anyway. If he does go, he'll be back, but for the time being I like Eddie O for the job or Gravey if he's interested, and I also like Darren Pang, if he would leave Phoenix but I doubt he would, Gretzky and the Arizona weather and all.

:biglaugh: Saint Louis is a dump franchise? And you like Chicago? :snide:
You can sure tell school's out.

Draft Guru 06-05-2006 10:59 PM

How about Messier doing color commentary? :D

Ducksforcup 06-05-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru

Yeah, he was pretty good. :) His suit was very nice and polished as well.

romba 06-05-2006 11:43 PM

I would love for Richter to take the honors but I know he wants to finish school.

Godfather 06-09-2006 05:43 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.aspx?blogger=5

Broadcaster John Davidson has accepted a deal to become the Blues next President.

NYRBLUE 74 06-10-2006 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru

Messier would be great! The blueshirts next V/P of operations is going to be Capt. :clap:

Bird Law 06-10-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.aspx?blogger=5

Broadcaster John Davidson has accepted a deal to become the Blues next President.

What a shame.

The Blues don't deserve a man like him. Checkets should stay out of other team's pockets.

Yeah it's sour grapes, but the Blues can go **** themselves.

Bluenote13 06-10-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

What a shame.

The Blues don't deserve a man like him. Checkets should stay out of other team's pockets.

Yeah it's sour grapes, but the Blues can go **** themselves.

Shame for who? WE had how many years to enjoy JD as a beloved broadcaster?
What a selfish post, sour grapes indeed.

Don't worry Jon life will go on and you'll watch the Rangers regardless who the color man is. Funny, I remember people back in the day complaining that JD was taking over for our beloved Espo....guess they couldn't handle not having another addition of 'Espo on Ice' :propeller

Checker* 06-10-2006 10:56 AM

Wow there are some sad, classless posts in this thread.

"A dump franchise?"

"We don't deserve a man like Davidson?"

If anything, you people are offering good examples of why a class individual would want to leave New York for some midwestern hospitality. I'm sure $$$ could have something to do with it as well. However at the risk of further tantrum, it appears like the Blues could be making a play for Adam Graves as well. I guess we "don't deserve him" either. Its just curious how if St. Louis is just some "dump franchise" they sure are having no problem in getting those associated with the Rangers to make the jump.

Finest 06-10-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checker

"A dump franchise?"

If anything, you people are offering good examples of why a class individual would want to leave New York for some midwestern hospitality. I'm sure $$$ could have something to do with it as well. However at the risk of further tantrum, it appears like the Blues could be making a play for Adam Graves as well. I guess we "don't deserve him" either. Its just curious how if St. Louis is just some "dump franchise" they sure are having no problem in getting those associated with the Rangers to make the jump.

Dont take the opinion of a few as the opinion of the masses. I dont want to see JD go, but if he does so be it. I'm confident he knows what he's doing, if it doesnt work out, we'll all welcome him with open arms. If Graves goes there, good for him. Again just because some people say or do certain things doesnt mean everyone is the same!

Fire Sather 06-10-2006 11:31 AM

Oh no, I grew up on Sam and JD, its really gunna end! ahhh!

Doyle 06-10-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checker

"A dump franchise?"

If JD was offered the same position with us he would stay. The midwest sucks, I'm pissed about this... but in the end whatever makes JD happier is important.

Barbara Underhill 06-10-2006 01:46 PM

I skimmed through that article and came up with this
"What would make things even more interesting would be if former hockey great Mark Messier became the Blues next GM." :biglaugh:

DutchShamrock 06-10-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRaws
If JD was offered the same position with us he would stay. The midwest sucks, I'm pissed about this... but in the end whatever makes JD happier is important.

I see no reason to offer JD the presidency of the Rangers, and either move takes him out of the broadcast booth. I hope Maloney takes over, I liked what I heard from him this year.

I don't want to see some high profile guy come in to replace JD, I'd like to see a new guy carve out his own niche.

McGuirre is ok actually, as long as he doesn't try to teach any of that French S*** during the broadcasts.

Doyle 06-10-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugerya
I see no reason to offer JD the presidency of the Rangers, and either move takes him out of the broadcast booth. I hope Maloney takes over, I liked what I heard from him this year.

I don't want to see some high profile guy come in to replace JD, I'd like to see a new guy carve out his own niche.

McGuirre is ok actually, as long as he doesn't try to teach any of that French S*** during the broadcasts.

Where did I ever say I wanted him as Pres, I was just pointing out he has a greater opportunity and he is choosing to take it...