HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why does Julien keep playing... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25755)

Nyclaus 11-05-2003 02:30 PM

Why does Julien keep playing...

Audette and Perreault together is beyond me!

Last I looked, over 73% of the people on this board either wanted to see Audette in the stands, or shot at worst (kinda like that one). Now...73%! We can't be all wrong!

Any of those 27% here can defend Audette's honor? Cause he badly needs it!

Perreault: *sigh* I read another poster debating the fact that Perreault is payed to do 2 jobs (goals+faceoffs). Fine when he does'em (operating word here is fine, not good), very bad when he doesn't. Besides, his face-off % is not even a factor this year.

But to top it off, to play those 2 together! Simply ludicrous. Hello Claude? Where are you? :dunno:

So in a sense I kinda agree with Plekanec (the poster) when he suggests to bring Plekanec (the player :) ) up with the team. At least, we'll a have better chance of winning with Plek than with Perreault or Audette.

PS: Please people, don't give me the "shop around" arguement. If you shop any of those two around you don't play'em on the same line. One thing is for sure, I know 2 defencemen who are not gonna cry when that line is shot down (Markov/Rivet - that's if you have been in quarantine for the past 2 months).

Mike8 11-05-2003 02:38 PM

Because he doesn't want two lines plagued by ineffective, lethergic players?

danboulie 11-05-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyclaus

Last I looked, over 73% of the people on this board either wanted to see Audette in the stands, or shot at worst (kinda like that one). Now...73%! We can't be all wrong!

Any of those 27% here can defend Audette's honor? Cause he badly needs it!

Perreault: *sigh* I read another poster debating the fact that Perreault is payed to do 2 jobs (goals+faceoffs). Fine when he does'em (operating word here is fine, not good), very bad when he doesn't. Besides, his face-off % is not even a factor this year.

But to top it off, to play those 2 together! Simply ludicrous. Hello Claude? Where are you? :dunno:

So in a sense I kinda agree with Plekanec (the poster) when he suggests to bring Plekanec (the player :) ) up with the team. At least, we'll a have better chance of winning with Plek than with Perreault or Audette.

PS: Please people, don't give me the "shop around" arguement. If you shop any of those two around you don't play'em on the same line. One thing is for sure, I know 2 defencemen who are not gonna cry when that line is shot down (Markov/Rivet - that's if you have been in quarantine for the past 2 months).

If Gainey watched the two play together, it's almost a given that he'll want those two to be split up, because they make it a ***** for their goalie when they're on the ice together.

Nyclaus 11-05-2003 02:43 PM

Then something has to be done...some major move like demotions'n stuff!

Audette has to go now! At least

goalchenyuk 11-05-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

).

Perreault have 5 goals / 13 games....

what do you expect from him . 13 goals ? 20 may be ?

Corey 11-05-2003 02:50 PM

So Ribeiro and Zednik have been more successful the past 6 games? If you go by results the first 2 lines would be gone or in Hamilton.

Nyclaus 11-05-2003 02:57 PM

Perreault is usefull 33% of the time in a season and not that much a factor when his line is on ice for the other team's goal. Like I said before if I was Head-coach against the Habs, I'd exploit Perreault's play.

As for Zed and Ribs: They have been tied up lately because they were the focus of MTL's offence...so you adjust accordingly...Have you notice that their line don't get caught often?

The n00b King * 11-05-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Then something has to be done...some major move like demotions'n stuff!

Audette has to go now! At least

you know what? i know that audette has never been the same since his injury. but if i was gainey or cj, i think id give them like an ultimatum, like half the season or something...hell, it's okay if they dont show up for their given chances, that will only strengthen the argument that they suck. cuz come on, nothing is given here, we may make the playoffs, and we may not. at this point it's irrelevent (or should it be) because it's only important to try to give as much time as possible before a crazed fan actually does go out and shoots them...i know theyre in a lethargie, but i also think that the system that julien is running is just not working for them, that or it really is and weve just been having a ton of bad luck. u know in most of the games, we just cant seem to put it in, we outshoot the opposition, we hit posts left and right, but it's rare we score...maybe CJ is working the wrong things. like maybe he should have sessions of sniper shooting instead of trying to work on the system

Nyclaus 11-05-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
you know what? i know that audette has never been the same since his injury. but if i was gainey or cj, i think id give them like an ultimatum, like half the season or something...hell, it's okay if they dont show up for their given chances, that will only strengthen the argument that they suck. cuz come on, nothing is given here, we may make the playoffs, and we may not. at this point it's irrelevent (or should it be) because it's only important to try to give as much time as possible before a crazed fan actually does go out and shoots them...i know theyre in a lethargie, but i also think that the system that julien is running is just not working for them, that or it really is and weve just been having a ton of bad luck. u know in most of the games, we just cant seem to put it in, we outshoot the opposition, we hit posts left and right, but it's rare we score...maybe CJ is working the wrong things. like maybe he should have sessions of sniper shooting instead of trying to work on the system

This quite dangerous IMO, there are times to go with the flow a give players the benefit of the doubt, but this time Julien must - at the very least - bench Audette for a few games just outa respect for the other players on the team who are busting their @$$ and the rooks that can do the job...I gather that a lot of other players are having slumps right now and some due to lack of effort, but just look at his +/- stats: its horrible.....and the stats (and thats a shame) don't show turnovers and who did'em.

MolsonBeer 11-05-2003 04:16 PM

PLekanec, didn't Perreault lead the team in goals two seasons ago? I find your posts are childish and immature. You know nothing about hockey man. When your calling for Plekanec to be called up and for Perreault to be sent down to Hamilton it just really shows how much of an idiot you are. Have you any Hamilton games? Ohhh because im sure Gainey is wrong and your right... and he doesn't know who to call up etc.?...Ya right give me a break. You talk like you know it all...
Average Ahl'er? i mean cmon...

caper13 11-05-2003 04:17 PM

he should also split up rivet and markov they cannot play together i think rivet is making markov look worse than he really is imo. :dunno:

didjuicythat 11-05-2003 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
:yo:

Wow, 5 goals!!! I personnally particulary liked his last one against the Rangers in a 5-1 lost... What a goal, what a sniper! He shot behind the net on the skate of a defender and rebounded in the net!!!
:bow:

That's one of the reactions I hate coming from certain Habs fans. With the few goals we manage to score, shouldn't we be happy when lucky goals happen for us? Many times in the past we got scored on lucky goals, and we didn't talk about that. Instead, we were busy bashing our goalthender. As long as we can score, who cares how it's done, as long as we do score.

Stop looking for the play of the week, the perfect set up, for christsake. Who cares anyways, it's not important because it's a goal of the scoresheet either way. That's what you call opportunism. As for you bashing Perreault, how come am I not surprised to see that coming from you? I don't know why he should take more of the blame than others. However, you seem to always focus on him. Hey, is it a bad thing having negative comments about guys like Markov and Zednik? Actually they were more painful to watch then Perreault last night. You wanna talk about underachievers, then let's talk about Richard Zednik. What a sniper. Unbelievable.

Habsolution 11-05-2003 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
If we send down Perreault to Hamilton or ECHL and call up Pleks, it will cost us Perreault's salary + Pleks one (major league)! That's a big waste of money but IMO it's what it would take to improve this team highly!

Highly ? Not really. You have no idea how Plekanec will be able to adapt to the NHL on his first year, especially considering the lack of quality veteran we can play him with. It is a risky move and a costly one. It's risky for the overall team play, team spirit and for Plekanec himself.

habsfan19 11-05-2003 08:31 PM

i don't know what to think about most players on the team anymore

ribs-zednik have done nothing in the last 6-7 games
same for audette-perreault
checking line = whatever
4th line isn't too bad, but 4th lines don't do too much

but watch this weekend, Habs will win 2 games against Sabres and everything changes again, too unpredictable

Wildbeliefs 11-05-2003 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan19
but watch this weekend, Habs will win 2 games against Sabres and everything changes again, too unpredictable

You know, I'm actually hoping that they continue to suck, so that BG might bring some changes. There's just too much on this team that leaves me unsatisfied.

Nyclaus 11-05-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Highly ? Not really. You have no idea how Plekanec will be able to adapt to the NHL on his first year, especially considering the lack of quality veteran we can play him with. It is a risky move and a costly one. It's risky for the overall team play, team spirit and for Plekanec himself.

Plek is as ready as he's ever gonna be...just like Hossa and Ryder this year or Ward last year.