HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   what was the offer for comrie? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25787)

Mr Sakich 11-05-2003 04:55 PM

what was the offer for comrie?

according to an edmonton radio station, Lowe has received firm offers from LA and ther ducks. What do you guys think the offer from the ducks was?

McDonald19 11-05-2003 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
according to an edmonton radio station, Lowe has received firm offers from LA and ther ducks. What do you guys think the offer from the ducks was?

Vishnevski and a prospect.

Duck Off 11-05-2003 05:49 PM

id rather us let them add a 5th or somthing and give phalsson too.

Randall Graves* 11-05-2003 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich

Vishnevski and Smirnov or Vish and Bryzlagov.

Jerky Leclerc 11-05-2003 10:24 PM

The Oilers are probably asking for either Andy Mac or Mike Leclerc IMO. Comrie is a good young player. The Ducks are probably offering Vish and a prospect/draft pick considering the amount of ice he has been getting regularly.

Herby 11-05-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Vishnevski and a prospect.

Not a chance. Lowe was demanding Frolov + a good prospect from the Kings. No way does he accept a struggling defenseman who makes awful decisions with little to no offensive upside. I don't see how the Ducks wouldn't have to give up Chistov or atleast Lupul + Perry in any deal.

As for the Kings offer, I'm thinking maybe Taylor has given in and put Frolov on the table, along with maybe someone like Anshakov or even Tambellini if Edmonton threw in someone like Chimera. The rumors of Frolov + Brown or Frolov + Grebeshkov or even Frolov + Gleason are ridiculous as Taylor is not going to gut his future for Comrie.

I will say though, Alexander Frolov could come back to haunt the Kings in the future, he has all the tools to be an all-star 1st line forward in this league. I just dont think he knows how good he really is.

FacelessButcher 11-05-2003 11:23 PM

Lowe is extremely high on Lupul I doubt it would take much more than him maybe an addition of a so-so prospect like Juha Alen would do the trick. I doubt this was the proposal(but it would be what Lowe would probably prefer) more likely something involving Vishnevski and a pretty good prospect that Lowe fancys as was mentioned before.

I got a kind of a wierd idea to bounce off you guys would you be interested in swapping Deslauriers for Bryzgalov? They are virtually perfectly equal in projected skill level the primary difference being age and readiness to step into the NHL. Tommy Salo our no.1 goalie is showing signs of aging and is not performing as well as he once did while Deslaurier is 3-5 yrs from assuming the starting role so we need a repacement goalie or a prospect who is closer to a starter to fill that gap sooner. Now Giguere is 26 yrs old and will be your no.1 goalie till about 35 let's say but Bryzgalov is only about 1-2yrs from being starter capable so he kind of wastes away waiting for Giguere to retire, while Gerber is a more than capable back-up right now. Assuming Deslaurier and Bryzgalov retire at 35 you would get 4 more years use out of Deslaurier to your advantage, I hope I explained my idea adequately. Thoughts?

McDonald19 11-06-2003 12:22 AM

LUPUL is staying in Anaheim!!!!

We dont need little Comrie that bad.

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 12:32 AM

Quote:

LUPUL is staying in Anaheim!!!!

We dont need little Comrie that bad.

24 goals in 12 games right? You didn't give an opinon on my side idea. I mearly stated Lupul is what Lowe would ask for not what he would get.

McDonald19 11-06-2003 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
24 goals in 12 games right? You didn't give an opinon on my side idea. I mearly stated Lupul is what Lowe would ask for not what he would get.

I agree with you that Lowe would ask for Lupul. Thats why we probably won't be the ones getting Comrie.

but...

If Lowe will take Vish, what prospect do you see Lowe asking for as well? I don't think he wants Smirnov.

As for the goalie question. I like Bryzgalov as our future backup to Giguere. Gerber wants to be a number one goalie in the NHL, if he doesn't get the chance I could see him going back to Europe. I'm sticking with Bryz as our #1 goalie prospect.

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 01:12 AM

Quote:

If Lowe will take Vish, what prospect do you see Lowe asking for as well? I don't think he wants Smirnov.

Your guess is as good as mine as most things he would want are tied down. We need a big center with top 2 line potential who can play now(you don't appear to have one, Niedermayer would be of interest but he's the hottest duck right now so thats quickly vetoed) scoring more of a sniper type from the rw (I don't think Perry is an option since you just drafted him), stud defensive prospect(not sure if you want to give up two d with none coming back). We are heavily stacked on lw and center prospects so we don't need any of them unless its a bona-fide superstar. Really not much options, I think Lowe will look elsewhere

Vish,Pecker,low pick? maybe just does not adress enough of our issues I feel.

Kick Save 11-06-2003 09:27 AM

Butcher, You May Be On To Something

You're right: the Ducks can't fill some of the needs of the Oilers, but . . . Edmonton does need help between the pipes. I think the Ducks definitely could use a guy like Comrie, so . . .

how about something along these lines:

1. Bryzgalov, Vish and the Ducks #1 pick in 2004 for Comrie, Deslauriers and the Oilers #3 in 2004?

Pwnasaurus 11-06-2003 10:51 AM

Bryzgalov, Vish and the Ducks #3 pick in 2004 for Comrie and Deslauriers

If anything I would prefer this....I'm not that high on Comrie obviously especially since he is more of what we have already

Gibsons Finest 11-06-2003 12:13 PM

Lowe is going to realize he can't get top notch prospects for a holdout who has little to no intention to return to his team.

I think Vish, Smirnov and maybe a draft pick could go for Comrie. I would like to see Vish and a first for Comrie and a second or something like that. Or maybe Vish, a second, and maybe one of the minor leaguers.

Seachd 11-06-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10.16.1974
Bryzgalov, Vish and the Ducks #3 pick in 2004 for Comrie and Deslauriers

If anything I would prefer this....I'm not that high on Comrie obviously especially since he is more of what we have already

I don't think Lowe would trade Deslauriers (arguably EDM's top prospect) for another goalie prospect. Even though Bryzgalov will be good, the Oilers are very high on Deslauriers, and there's nothing to say he won't be just as good. I see the two goalies basically as a wash, and I don't think Vishnevski and a 3rd is enough for Comrie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby
As for the Kings offer, I'm thinking maybe Taylor has given in and put Frolov on the table, along with maybe someone like Anshakov or even Tambellini if Edmonton threw in someone like Chimera. The rumors of Frolov + Brown or Frolov + Grebeshkov or even Frolov + Gleason are ridiculous as Taylor is not going to gut his future for Comrie.

I like the whole Frolov-to-Edmonton idea, but if it does happen, it only makes sense that someone like Chimera or Rita (LWers) goes to LA. But I'm not sure if Frolov and Anshakov would make it work. Tambellini might but he's another LW.

I know it's unlikely, but I personally would be wililng to do something like Comrie+Rita/Chimera+2nd for Frolov+Grebeshkov/Brown. But that's probably not enough, and I know LA likes their youngsters.

Duck Off 11-06-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby
Not a chance. Lowe was demanding Frolov + a good prospect from the Kings. No way does he accept a struggling defenseman who makes awful decisions with little to no offensive upside. I don't see how the Ducks wouldn't have to give up Chistov or atleast Lupul + Perry in any deal.

I will say though, Alexander Frolov could come back to haunt the Kings in the future, he has all the tools to be an all-star 1st line forward in this league. I just dont think he knows how good he really is.

If the kings trade Frolov they made a HUGE mistake, this kid looks awesome. but the same goes for the ducks if they trade Lupul. i wouldnt be dissapointed to let go of chistov, but not Lupul, this guy is going to be awesome. he's big, very skilled, natural scorer, and works hard (unlike chistov)

so i say we offer.. Bryz, Vish, Smirnov for comrie

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
I don't think Lowe would trade Deslauriers (arguably EDM's top prospect) for another goalie prospect. Even though Bryzgalov will be good, the Oilers are very high on Deslauriers, and there's nothing to say he won't be just as good. I see the two goalies basically as a wash, and I don't think Vishnevski and a 3rd is enough for Comrie.

Your right Bryz for Deslauriers is a total wash both franchises are very high on both the goaltending prospects just Bryzgalov will be ready sooner and Deslauriers won't be ready in time to replace Salo cause I don't think were picking up Salo's second optional year at $3.9million. Trading for Bryzgalov will save us either 3.9million on Tommy or whatever asset we have to trade for a new starter to fill the gap.

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kick Save
You're right: the Ducks can't fill some of the needs of the Oilers, but . . . Edmonton does need help between the pipes. I think the Ducks definitely could use a guy like Comrie, so . . .

how about something along these lines:

1. Bryzgalov, Vish and the Ducks #1 pick in 2004 for Comrie, Deslauriers and the Oilers #3 in 2004?

I'd do this one
Vish +1st=Comrie+3rd
Bryz=Deslauriers

Gibsons Finest 11-06-2003 07:01 PM

Quote:

I'd do this one
Vish +1st=Comrie+3rd
Bryz=Deslauriers

Yeah, it's be a good trade. I'd do it. Does Bryz vs. Deslauriers matter, as I'd rather keep them out for now. Vish and a first for Comrie and a third is good though.

Duck Off 11-06-2003 07:47 PM

Quote:

I'd do this one
Vish +1st=Comrie+3rd
Bryz=Deslauriers

Deal. now all we need is BM to make it official. :handclap:

McDonald19 11-06-2003 08:06 PM

Vish and 2004 1st rd for Comrie and 2004 3rd rd sounds good to me.

FacelessButcher 11-07-2003 03:58 AM

Comrie article-http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...9-90FF10C8FEF6

It states their is rumblings that Anaheim is willing to give up Joffrey Lupul,of course rumblings don't equal truth the writer is not the best or most reliable of Edmonton journalists so don't take anything as gospel, but gives perspective on the way things are heading.

Pwnasaurus 11-07-2003 04:22 AM

Explain to me again how Comrie helps our problem of getting to the front of the net

McDonald19 11-07-2003 04:30 AM

I think if Murray wants Comrie he will try to acquire him by trading one or some of our Russians. (Vish,Chistov,Smirnov)
Joffrey Lupul is the type of player that both Bryan Murray and Mike Babcock like...Canadian, skilled, gritty.

Lupul was also the first player drafted by Murray as Ducks GM. He went out of his way to make sure he could draft him. (giving predators draft pick to not draft him at #6 spot so he would fall to Anaheim at #7)

Trading Lupul just seems unlikely to me right now.

McDonald19 11-07-2003 04:33 AM

Quote:

Comrie article-http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...9-90FF10C8FEF6

It states their is rumblings that Anaheim is willing to give up Joffrey Lupul,of course rumblings don't equal truth the writer is not the best or most reliable of Edmonton journalists so don't take anything as gospel, but gives perspective on the way things are heading.

sounds like an unreliable journalist to me as well. He picks a team thats struggling a bit(mentions our 4-7-1-2 record) and then thinks of the teams best young player and then decides they will do something drastic and offer him up as trade bait. I think its a BS article.