HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mark Streit signed a 2 year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=258036)

devilman 06-07-2006 04:58 AM

Mark Streit signed a 2 year

According to Swiss Newspaper Blick, Mark Streit signed a 2 year, one-way deal @ 600K US$

Great for him, I hope he continues to progress, and it's not a bad deal for MTL either @ 600K (he'd earn that easily in Switzerland too, maybe more after tax, so he's very commited to stay in MTL).

Artyukhin* 06-07-2006 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilman
According to Swiss Newspaper Blick, Mark Streit signed a 2 year, one-way deal @ 600K US$

Great for him, I hope he continues to progress, and it's not a bad deal for MTL either @ 600K (he'd earn that easily in Switzerland too, maybe more after tax, so he's very commited to stay in MTL).

streit showed me alot of potential in his rookie season
lets see how he does in year 2

didouche 06-07-2006 05:49 AM

I don't see it anywhere else... I'm surprised :amazed:

I would think they would prefer to leave some room for the young ones

august 06-07-2006 06:15 AM

If it's true, it'S a very good news!!!! :handclap:

Le Tricolore 06-07-2006 06:29 AM

Very cool. I like him.

RedArmyMontreal* 06-07-2006 06:32 AM

For some reasons I think that may be a hint Bouillon is on his way out.

Fozz 06-07-2006 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didouche
I don't see it anywhere else... I'm surprised :amazed:

I would think they would prefer to leave some room for the young ones

What young d-men would those be?
With Sundtrom gone and Bulis on his way out, they already have room for the young ones.

YEMELIN74 06-07-2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipos_19

i dont see bouillon going elsewhere... for me the fact that streit sign just mean bob wont go after redden, chara or jovanovsky this summer

Artyukhin* 06-07-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixTX
i dont see bouillon going elsewhere... for me the fact that streit sign just mean bob wont go after redden, chara or jovanovsky this summer

unless he deals souray :)

Dan K 06-07-2006 07:01 AM

I'd have no problem with Bouillon leaving if his salary demands are high. He's no more than a bottom pairing defenseman, preferably a #6/7. Streit is also a #6/7, and I like the signing as it is cheap and gives us depth on D.

And please stop bringing up the "taking away spots from our kids" every time we sign someone. Downey is a 13th forward and Streit is a 7th defenseman. We don't want our kids in the press box. And besides, who on D is ready to step in? Emelin? Even if signed, he'll probably need at least 1 year in the AHL. Cote? Maybe, but couldn't hurt to have extra depth.

Ginoro 06-07-2006 07:11 AM

Great news :handclap:

eddy 06-07-2006 07:24 AM

Good news, I'm glad they re-signed Streit.

beowulf 06-07-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

Exactly, if he is going to try and bring in one of the bigger name free agent dmen, he is going to have to move one of Markov, Souray or Rivet. Out of those, the most likely imo is Souray.

Whitesnake 06-07-2006 07:38 AM

I'm glad only if it means as a #7. If not, I don't see how having him in the lineup day in day out makes us a better team in the long run.

Or he shows me that he brings that transition game only Markov can bring us then I'll be happy. So far, I'm not convinced he can handle that on a smaller surface.

TroyM 06-07-2006 07:44 AM

Wow, I thought everyone hated Streit, so this topic is nice to see. I really like the guy, he shows what he can bring in international tournaments (I know, different rules, but still) and he really did show a LOT of progression over the year. He started off timid and weak in his own end, near the end he was making good use of his (small) frame and pinning people effectively, and rubbing people out behind the net, as well as beginning to show more offensive flair. I also think he's got probably the second hardest shot on our blueline, the accuracy could be improved a bit, but only Souray can top him in terms of pure power behind it as far as I'm concerned. Markov doesn't shoot enough, but he'd be up there as well.

So yeah, all said and done, I think he's still got some untapped potential, I don't expect him to ever become anything more than a last pairing d-man, but having one of those around for near league minimum certainly won't hurt us, especially if the injury bug rears its ugly head.

Marchy79 06-07-2006 07:45 AM

:yo: :handclap:
I think we didnt see the best out of Streit yet... he was so much better by the end of the year... I am looking forward to seeing what he can do next year...

Habsruleen 06-07-2006 08:06 AM

I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought we could do better than Streit, oh well.

Dan K 06-07-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsruleen
I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought we could do better than Streit, oh well.

Better than Streit as a 7th defenseman? :dunno:

BLONG7 06-07-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
:yo: :handclap:
I think we didnt see the best out of Streit yet... he was so much better by the end of the year... I am looking forward to seeing what he can do next year...

I also thought as the year went on he improved after struggling in the first part of the season...#6-7 is the spot for this guy, and hopefully with a year under his belt in NA he will continue to improve...

BLONG7 06-07-2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

Maybe Souray is heading West??? Wouldn't ya love to be a fly on the wall in BG's office...but then again, BG is so quiet about this stuff, he may not even tell himself what he is going to do this summer...

Goldthorpe 06-07-2006 08:17 AM

Wow, at this price he is one damn good deal. With his progression, he could definitively turn into a capable puck moving defenseman within two years. And if he doesn't... well... who cares? At 600K he's well worth the risk.

BORAT 06-07-2006 08:30 AM

Streit is a good signing and I think the guy has great potential and a good head on his shoulders !

as far as I'm concerned , he's halfway there and I can easily see him notching 40 pts some years down the line if he has a postitive attitude and a willingness to learn the more '' grind '' oriented aspects of the game

MathMan 06-07-2006 08:32 AM

Streit is a fine 7th defenseman with a rare combination: upside (I still think we haven't seen the best of him) and the experience not to get rattled if he's inserted in a pressure situation.

I would be disappointed to see him go.

deandebean 06-07-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipos_19

Are you kidding me? The guy is here to stay. He's been better than Streit. Why wouldn't you want him?

Tuggy 06-07-2006 08:47 AM

So it looks like we'll have the same defense as this season. :rolleyes:

Scrubs like Bouillon and Streit won't get the job done. Unfortunately there isn't much of a market for good defensemen unless you shell out big bucks.