HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lowe in attendance @ Atl/Buf game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25827)

jofa 11-05-2003 07:24 PM

Lowe in attendance @ Atl/Buf game
 
Just to add further fuel on the Atlanta trade rumour fire:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...51&hubName=nhl

Notes: Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe was in attendance with rumors circulating throughout the press box about a possible deal between the Oilers and Thrashers involving Edmonton holdout forward Mike Comrie.

oildrop 11-05-2003 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
Just to add further fuel on the Atlanta trade rumour fire:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...51&hubName=nhl

Notes: Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe was in attendance with rumors circulating throughout the press box about a possible deal between the Oilers and Thrashers involving Edmonton holdout forward Mike Comrie.

Things definitely are heating up! I hope something gets done soon. :D

FacelessButcher 11-05-2003 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
Things definitely are heating up! I hope something gets done soon. :D

yup I heard on the radio that Philly and Anaheim presented offers

off Oilfans pretty interesting rumour-
Quote:

Originally Posted by mizral
The source is sketchy..

Kolanos & Spiller/Tanabe for Comrie


oildrop 11-05-2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
yup I heard on the radio that Philly and Anaheim presented offers

off Oilfans pretty interesting rumour

I hope Lowe makes a good move, but no matter what he does he will still get crticized, even if it is a great trade for the Oilers.

Hemsky4PM 11-05-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
I hope Lowe makes a good move, but no matter what he does he will still get crticized, even if it is a great trade for the Oilers.

As long as Stefan is never an Oiler.

Digger12 11-05-2003 07:49 PM

So what was up on Stauffer show today? Were any names mentioned, or just that Ana and Phillie were supposed to have 'presented offers'...? :dunno:

FacelessButcher 11-05-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
So what was up on Stauffer show today? Were any names mentioned, or just that Ana and Phillie were supposed to have 'presented offers'...? :dunno:

no names, just that

Blatny Spears 11-05-2003 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
As long as Stefan is never an Oiler.

Ha! (Un)fortunately, Stefan had his best game of the season against Buffalo.

speeds 11-05-2003 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
As long as Stefan is never an Oiler.

I'm convinced that people with this opinion just haven't seen the guy play enough; personally I think he'd be a great fit here in EDM.

but since so many disagree with me it's worth considering that my radar could be off in this case :)

I'd love to find out, if he becomes an Oiler:)

oildrop 11-05-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
Ha! (Un)fortunately, Stefan had his best game of the season against Buffalo.

I agree with Speeds, I would like to see Stefan in an Oilers uniform. Perhaps he knew Lowe was in the stands tonight and wanted to show him what he's got. Is it just a conincidence that Stefan played his best game with Lowe in the stands? Could be, but maybe he wants to get out of Atlanta and come to the Western Conference and to the quick ice in Edmonton. I guess we'll see what happens with this situation soon enough.

speeds 11-05-2003 09:25 PM

looking at Stefan's ice today vs. past games, you could make an argument that he's in a showcase role. Then again, with Savard out, someone has to take that PP time anyways so it could just as easily be coincidence.

oilers_guy_eddie 11-05-2003 09:30 PM

I haven't really seen enough of Stefan to have an opinion. The concussion history and lack of offensive development are a little troubling however. On the other hand, maybe having a center who can play solid defense and take faceoffs play with Hemsky and Smyth would be just the thing.

elphy101 11-05-2003 09:40 PM

The deal that keeps coming to mind for me is

To Atlanta

Brad Isbister (if Izzy can't produce with Kovalchuk, he shouldn't be in the league)

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton

Patrick Stefan (I think Stefan would look get on the first line between Smyth and Hemsky, they need a defensive presence with size, fragile head is the main worry though)

Braydon Coburn(Stud Defensemen for the future)


Oilers lines after

Smyth Stefan Hemsky
Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Chimera Horcoff Laraque

Atlanta's lines would be scary though if Heatley ever returns

Isbister Comrie Kovalchuk
Heatley Savard Kozlov

Cujo_31 11-05-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
The deal that keeps coming to mind for me is

To Atlanta

Brad Isbister (if Izzy can't produce with Kovalchuk, he shouldn't be in the league)

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton

Patrick Stefan (I think Stefan would look get on the first line between Smyth and Hemsky, they need a defensive presence with size)

Braydon Coburn(Stud Defensemen for the future)

I dont see the Oilers trading Isbister, K-Lowe wanted him for a few years & finally got him last season @ the deadline, i dont see K-Lowe giving Issy up so soon... Izzy just needs to get on a bit of a streak & he'll really get going, I think he could be a really good powerforward, maybe not as good as Bertuzzi, but I really think he could be one of our top players in the next couple of seasons, just give him a bit more time.

elphy101 11-05-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cujo_31
I dont see the Oilers trading Isbister, K-Lowe wanted him for a few years & finally got him last season @ the deadline, i dont see K-Lowe giving Issy up so soon... Izzy just needs to get on a bit of a streak & he'll really get going, I think he could be a really good powerforward, maybe not as good as Bertuzzi, but I really think he could be one of our top players in the next couple of seasons, just give him a bit more time.

I think Lowe wanted Torres more than Izzy. He wouldn't want to deal Izzy but for the right deal I think he would. I think this would be a right deal.

windowlicker 11-05-2003 10:04 PM

please god i dont want Stefan in here under any cicumstances. if you watch him play, you can actually see him avoid traffic during a game.

Cujo_31 11-05-2003 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
I think Lowe wanted Torres more than Izzy. He wouldn't want to deal Izzy but for the right deal I think he would. I think this would be a right deal.

I admit Torres has turned out to be a bigger part of the deal then Isbister, but even in 2002, Lowe inquired about Isbister, i'm pretty sure that Isbister was the bigger part of the deal for Lowe, but Torres has been performing a lot better then Issy.

Oi'll say! 11-05-2003 10:20 PM

Please god, I just want all the Comrie trade proposals to finally be over with. If we get a full-time, bonafide, top-notch second liner I'll be doing cartwheels.

And trade him to an eastern team so that even if we lose the trade it doesn't bite us in the arse 5 times/season.

Thx in advance big guy.

Allan 11-05-2003 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Please god, I just want all the Comrie trade proposals to finally be over with.

I don't know if you really want that. Now that they've gotten so repetitive, there seem to be less. As soon as a trade is made, we will have two months of non-stop "What do you think of the trade?" and "How badly did the new guy play tonight/since we got him?". :shakehead I don't think that's much better, but I have to admit that the anticipation is killing me.

Cujo_31 11-05-2003 11:39 PM

personally i'm not gonna worry much anymore about the Mike Comrie situation until he's either traded or he re-signs with the Oilers..as long as the Oilers are winning right now, I couldn't care less if Comrie sits the next 2 or 3 years as long as we get the best possible trade we can get for him, or the Comrie camp gives in & he signs for just over a mil/year & show the Oilers exactly what he is worth. the team has been a little shaky this season, & has reason to be, with the 4 new players from last years trade deadline (Torres, Issy, D-vo & Cross) & with the Smyth experiment at centre, but the team is seemingly getting better & Salo has played quite well the last couple of games, so as long as the Oilers continue to do well & make the playoffs this season & the players are contributing on a consistent basis.

rabi_sultan 11-06-2003 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speeds
looking at Stefan's ice today vs. past games, you could make an argument that he's in a showcase role. Then again, with Savard out, someone has to take that PP time anyways so it could just as easily be coincidence.

I remember a few reports on Stefan here and there I'll put them all down now.

* he was brought into the NHL too early and as a subsequent never really took off but remember he is a top5 draft pick
* he hasn't really busted so there is still a chance of a late bloom
* defensively he's ok
* after a poor season he took a PAY CUT
* a change of scenery WILL do him good

i personally think he'll be a great fit between Smyth and Hemsky, I've said it quite a few times that those two need a slightly defensive centre to play between them and perhaps this is the solution in Stefan as he certainly has the potential to play offensively.

Although he won't be the goto guy like Comrie was but then I don't see any holdout problems with Stefan, as for those who "don't want to see him here" tough luck just think of some of the players brought here like Cross, Ulanov etc that you didn't want they turned out to be great.

G-Double 11-06-2003 02:23 AM

Also, just to add, playing with a fellow countryman, in either dvorak or hemsky might help him along, especially if it is the older dvorak..

who knows, i've always kinda liked stefan and t times he shows his good vision and passing and i think he feels way too much pressure in ATL. Primarily, he was their first pick ever and #1 overall to boot. Steps right in and in most eyes he fails. Then Kovalchuk and Heatley come in and set the world on fire, switching all expectations to them, but people say, if the these kids can light it up, wth is frong with Stefan? So now there is a new kind of pressure.

Tidus 11-06-2003 03:03 AM

I'm actually warming up to the Stefan rumours and I wouldn't mind that trade anymore AS LONG AS Braydon Coburn is coming with him.

Voynich 11-06-2003 03:04 AM

As far as injury concerns for Stefan with the history of concussions I'd say you've got very little to worry about. As far as I can remember he hasn't had any since his days in the IHL. I could be wrong though, I've not got his medical charts handy.

Voynich 11-06-2003 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus
I'm actually warming up to the Stefan rumours and I wouldn't mind that trade anymore AS LONG AS Braydon Coburn is coming with him.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content.../05savard.html

Quote:

Waddell has been reluctant to part with the defenseman, saying, "Braydon Coburn isn't going anywhere."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.