HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lacasse traded to the Remparts!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=258437)

Whitesnake 06-08-2006 01:47 PM

Lacasse traded to the Remparts!!!!

Wow! That could be great news for his development, to become the best you have to learn from the best!!!!

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/205994.html

Beakermania* 06-08-2006 01:52 PM

Question, what is Quebec's goaltending situation for next season?? Will lacasse start or be backup?? Is the current starter back??

Ryder_fan 06-08-2006 01:53 PM

that's great news !

Cedric Desjardins is too old to be starter anymore.. Lacasse will replace him

Whitesnake 06-08-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania
Question, what is Quebec's goaltending situation for next season?? Will lacasse start or be backup?? Is the current starter back??

Nope, Lacasse will definately be the starter since Desjardins was 20 this year. I have no idea about the backup they had though, if he's ready to take the net or not....

Goldthorpe 06-08-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania

No, their current starter is gone. I don't know if they have any other goaltenders in the pipeline, or if Lacasse will get the starter job. If they traded for him, I guess that's because they see a need and think he can be the answer.

montreal 06-08-2006 02:08 PM

He still might be Long Beach bound but if Roy traded a 3rd rounder for him, I wonder if he got some input from Gainey. It's not like another year in the Q would hurt him.

Taupy 06-08-2006 02:16 PM

Oh my god, I'm happy for him! I remember that Roy was very interessed in him on his LHJMQ draft year, but he was chosen before he could draft him.

He was dreaming to play for the Remparts and for Roy, and now he gets a chance. Playing in a good team will sure help him a lot. The last time he had a good team behind him, he had two lost in the season (unfortunately, it was in the very last game of the season in the last tournament)

But it was something like 5 years ago, so it's not the same thing. I hope he will have a last year in LHJMQ before entering ECHL or AHL, cause he'll proves he's a better goaler than a lot of person think.

Bryzga lol* 06-08-2006 02:29 PM

This is really good. If anyone can be a good mentor for a young goalie with potential, it's Roy.

Talent Analyst 06-08-2006 02:50 PM

Good news for him .. !! finally he will play on a good team and Roy will help him very much like he did with Desjardins . :handclap:

Blackshad 06-08-2006 08:18 PM

That's good and bad news.
Drummundville will be one of the best, if not the best team next season. They have a no1 goaltender but you always learn more on a winning team..

All-Star 06-08-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
Drummundville will be one of the best, if not the best team next season. They have a no1 goaltender but you always learn more on a winning team..

Not if you ride the pine most of the season, guys his age need to play consistently to develop properly. If he has to be a backup somewhere, I'd much rather see him sitting on the bench in the pros than doing it in Juniors; at least there he'd learn some of what the life of a pro is like.

deandebean 06-08-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Drummondville won't have the best team. They always choke. Gatineau will.

Malakhov 06-08-2006 09:30 PM

That's VERY good news, Roy as a mentor, can you ask for more?

Blackshad 06-08-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
Drummondville won't have the best team. They always choke. Gatineau will.

Hey i'm not a Drummondville fan you know. I think with Brassard, Latendresse, Charette, Pelletier and a few others they will have a real great club.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 06-08-2006 10:05 PM

Lacasse will never play for the habs anyways...

GoneAway 06-08-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player
Lacasse will never play for the habs anyways...

Quoted for the truth

deandebean 06-08-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Hey i'm not a Drummondville fan you know. I think with Brassard, Latendresse, Charette, Pelletier and a few others they will have a real great club.

Francis "the wuss" Charette? The guy's a wuss. As for Brassard and Latendresse, who says one of them can't stay with the big club?

Drummondville will choke like the Volts do all the time. It's part of their history. Just like Chicoutimi. Héhéhé.

Gatineau got much better with Trukhno. Something is coming tomorrow also. They signed another hidden ontarian, this time at the blue line (they did the same with Giroux last season).

Habsfan 32 06-08-2006 11:06 PM

I guess he's going to learn alot with Roy and that's a great thing for the Habs.