HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   team 990 reports Kirk Muller or Craig Ludwig (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=259284)

Artyukhin* 06-12-2006 03:16 PM

team 990 reports Kirk Muller or Craig Ludwig

Kirk Muller or Craig Ludwig next asst coach

SerialSeb 06-12-2006 03:17 PM

YES!

As long as it's not Tremblay!

loadie 06-12-2006 03:19 PM

That would be awesome. You guys really think that Tremblay was is in the coaching plans with us? Yikes. :cry:

Artyukhin* 06-12-2006 03:20 PM

they mentioned it was up to jarvis . what ever he wants to coach (fowards or defense)

so ill assume if jarvis decides to coach the fowards ludwig goes to coach our defense?

jarvis coaches the defense then muller coaches the fowards?

Brett38 06-12-2006 03:29 PM

Two great guys. I'm leaning towards Muller, but I think Ludwig is still a good choice and may be the one.

SerialSeb 06-12-2006 03:37 PM

ANd isn't Jarvis more of a defencive guy :sarcasm:

Freaky Habs Fan 06-12-2006 03:39 PM

Who's Craig Ludwig? Was he any good in his NHL career?

Teufelsdreck 06-12-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan

Hard hitter, prominent elbows, shot blocker.

Dan K 06-12-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan

You don't remember Craig Ludwig?!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=3222

Solid defenseman. I'd be surprised if it's Muller after all that him "not being ready for the NHL yet" talk.

Breenger 06-12-2006 03:44 PM

I wonder if Ludwig would get the defense to start wearing giant shin-pads?[IMAGE]http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/dallas/LudwigDal_185x250.jpg[/IMAGE]
:yo:

HH 06-12-2006 03:49 PM

As long as its not Tremblay, I'll be happy.

madbox 06-12-2006 03:50 PM

lol, Now those are some s**** shin pads.

I'm really not expecting Muller to come onboard... As said, he seemed really committed to his Queens job.

turnbuckle* 06-12-2006 03:50 PM

Not to blow my own horn, but I think I'm the only one around here that suggested that the Habs should go after Ludwig for the position. Makes sense with his long history with both Bob and Guy. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think it's usually ex-defencemen that coach the blueliners - I'm of the opinion that Ludwig would be a helluva lot better at teaching the defence corps than either Jarvis or Muller.

l really believe Larry is done with coaching - given his mindset after leaving the Devils job I really don't expect to ever sehim behind an NHL bench again. He doesn't need the money, and you really do spend a pile of time away from your family.

SuperUnknown 06-12-2006 04:13 PM

Hopefully it's not Ludwig. Well not unless he has had extensive coaching experience since he retired. He was a sub-par dman imo. Who knows though, maybe he's a better coach than he was a player.

Hab at it 06-12-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
Hopefully it's not Ludwig. Well not unless he has had extensive coaching experience since he retired. He was a sub-par dman imo. Who knows though, maybe he's a better coach than he was a player.

I know that he's been an ***. coach with Dallas but I don't know for how long.

toshiro 06-12-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Sub par??? Not when he was in his prime he wasnt.

sXe 06-12-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

So Phoenix will win 4 cups in a row?
There is no correlation between the two, I just hope he can coach because that's all he will have to do.

Hab at it 06-12-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro

He scared the bejeezus out of the opposition with some of his hits because he was borderline dirty. :D

ludger 06-12-2006 04:28 PM

i want tremblay

SuperUnknown 06-12-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro

Even in his prime he wasn't that good. He benefited imo from playing with other strong dmen. Plus with his style of play, he would be eaten alive in today's NHL. Anyway, that's my assesment. ;)

He was really exposed once he was traded from the Canadiens.

Marc the Habs Fan 06-12-2006 04:36 PM

I have been listening to the team 990 for like 80 minutes, no mention of this. They didn't mention it during McGuire's just completed segment either.

Can someone else also confirm they heard it so we can be sure it was said?

Empireshark 06-12-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Even in his prime he wasn't that good. He benefited imo from playing with other strong dmen. Plus with his style of play, he would be eaten alive in today's NHL. Anyway, that's my assesment. ;)

He was really exposed once he was traded from the Canadiens.

...or maybe the canadiens traded him on the downside of his career. I also believe that he was a fairly good defenseman and as for the "he benifited from playing with strong dmen" arguement that's a two way street, the STRONG defensemen probably felt more comfortable taking risks knowing that they had a solid stay at home defensemen as their partner to cover for them. As far as coaching goes, I'm sure that Gainey and Carboneau are better judges of what THEY want in a coach then we are.

habitue* 06-12-2006 04:49 PM

Ludwig makes more sense than Muller, because the Habs need a d-man coach. Jarvis can take care of the forwards and PK units. Other than that, I think Robinson and Tremblay have way more experience than Muller and Ludwig.

SuperUnknown 06-12-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empireshark
...or maybe the canadiens traded him on the downside of his career. I also believe that he was a fairly good defenseman and as for the "he benifited from playing with strong dmen" arguement that's a two way street, the STRONG defensemen probably felt more comfortable taking risks knowing that they had a solid stay at home defensemen as their partner to cover for them. As far as coaching goes, I'm sure that Gainey and Carboneau are better judges of what THEY want in a coach then we are.

Sure, I just don't want a Green episode #2. As to coaching, it's hard to say who's good or not until they coached at someplace. I'd rather have Robinson or Jarvis than Ludwig.

Alouette_19 06-12-2006 05:01 PM

I don't care who between Muller or Savard will have the job....but I don't want Ludwig......

Jarvis can do the job on defence & PK and bring a guy like Savard who can really fit with the Habs style of play....and help the PP

Tremblay is also a very very good choice with the experience he gets with Minnesota but I prefer Savard....