HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Interesting idea from rds fan... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25932)

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 09:28 AM

Interesting idea from rds fan...

I know this doesn't happen very often, but one of the fans on RDS actually wrote something that I thought could be interesting:

Instead of alternating between Bouillon and Hainsey, why not play both of them and try Markov back on a forward position, where he's played all his life?

I know the likelihood of this happening is about zilch, but it seems interesting nonetheless...what do you think?

jacklours 11-06-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
I know this doesn't happen very often, but one of the fans on RDS actually wrote something that I thought could be interesting:

Instead of alternating between Bouillon and Hainsey, why not play both of them and try Markov back on a forward position, where he's played all his life?

I know the likelihood of this happening is about zilch, but it seems interesting nonetheless...what do you think?

Hmmm, i have to go with...... NO

KOMO_ROCKS 11-06-2003 09:36 AM

Quote:

I will say NO.....our d is not that good as it is and putting Markov as forward would hinder on our d that much more. Markov is fine on d- his natural position in the nhl.....he has become the player he is in the nhl by playing his position on d. As for alternating between Bouillon and Hainsey, I dont think it is that bad of an idea....they both push each other to get better....and the guy who does not play has that much more juice and motivation to play his ass off when he gets called up

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 09:42 AM

Oh well... I guess I've been somewhat thinking like a desperate coach the last couple of days: looking for right combination that would fix everything. I know it's not possible, but hey... one can dream, right? :)

LPHabsFan 11-06-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

If anything, Id love to have Bouillon as a 7th defenseman/4th line forward. Think about that 4th line.

Langdon - Begine - Bouillon

That would be quite the pesky tough line.

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
If anything, Id love to have Bouillon as a 7th defenseman/4th line forward. Think about that 4th line.

Langdon - Begine - Bouillon

That would be quite the pesky tough line.

Bouillon does have that tough attitude that would make him useful on the fourth line (this comparison might not be good, but in my head I'm thinking of Aaron Asham at the moment, who IMO was/is a 4th liner).

But anyways, there's no way you'll ever see Bouillon on the fourth line... I mean, why put him there when you could play Sundstrom? :p

gunnerdom 11-06-2003 09:51 AM

Quote:

He was put as a D-Man because he wasnt fast enough to be a forward. Think I got that from a interview last year.

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
He was put as a D-Man because he wasnt fast enough to be a forward. Think I got that from a interview last year.

What the? Wasn't fast enough? Are you serious?

Sure he ain't a Bure or nothing, but comparing him to Perreault, Juneau or Audette and he doesn't seem *that* slow.

gunnerdom 11-06-2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

What the? Wasn't fast enough? Are you serious?

Sure he ain't a Bure or nothing, but comparing him to Perreault, Juneau or Audette and he doesn't seem *that* slow.

Im just telling what I read somewhere in an interview. But anyway, he's one of our best D and the best offensive D. If he doesnt play D anymore that leaves us with Sourray and that's it. Nothing else. And I wont endure more Rivet on the PP. Can't take that anymore.

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
...And I wont endure more Rivet on the PP. Can't take that anymore.

Ain't that the truth... but anyhoo, let's not turn this thread into another Rivet rantline, cuz those are a little too plentiful. :)

So, as I said originally, I know that moving Markov to forward is not really feasible, but it was a quick fix solution in my mind to:
1) Get Hainsey to play regularly
2) Throw Audette somewhere real far

Of course, this is considering the fact that CJ will not call any forwards up, but somehow I get the feeling that he won't do that. Not yet anyways.

LPHabsFan 11-06-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Bouillon does have that tough attitude that would make him useful on the fourth line (this comparison might not be good, but in my head I'm thinking of Aaron Asham at the moment, who IMO was/is a 4th liner).

But anyways, there's no way you'll ever see Bouillon on the fourth line... I mean, why put him there when you could play Sundstrom? :p

Becuase Sundstrom shouldn't be a fourth liner...and it would be benificial in cases of emergency where we might lose a defenseman.

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Becuase Sundstrom shouldn't be a fourth liner...and it would be benificial in cases of emergency where we might lose a defenseman.

You know I was joking when I wrote that, right?

SuperUnknown 11-06-2003 12:12 PM

They should play Rivet as a forward.

Wildbeliefs 11-06-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
They should play Rivet as a forward.

errr... yeah... play him with Perreault and Audette... could be possibily the WORST line in the history of the Habs. I can just see the +/- ratings now:

Perreault, Audette, Rivet: -103 :joker:

SuperUnknown 11-06-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

errr... yeah... play him with Perreault and Audette... could be possibily the WORST line in the history of the Habs. I can just see the +/- ratings now:

Perreault, Audette, Rivet: -103 :joker:

Hehe... it would make a spot open for Komisarek.

Also, Rivet protects the puck well and he likes to go in front of the opponent's net, an area where we've been lacking a bit. He also has a decent one-timer shot (he can shoot on the run precisely with force) that he doesn't get to use as a defenseman. Most of all, he wouldn't have the defensive lapses that he currently has. :joker:

doc lafleur 11-06-2003 01:10 PM

After yesterday, let's try Rivet with Souray at center, and Markov on left wing. :shakehead :confused: :joker:

Vasculio 11-06-2003 01:56 PM

Playing Rivet at forward could be a good idea. Of course, his natural position is D, but it's a fact that the rare times he tries to attack, he goes to the net hard. Pair him with Koivu when he'll be back, and he'll have his pet power forward who'll do whatever Koivu needs.

Of course, it's just my idea, it's not a wish.

Bo 11-06-2003 02:19 PM

What is this "played forward all of his life nonsense".? The last time that Markov played as a forward was when he as 16 or 17 years old.

You don't have to worry about an RDS fan finally saying something that made sense. Their record is consistent.