HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Classy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=259792)

CrazyShea 06-14-2006 08:20 PM

Classy

I was impressed to see the canes fans singing the canadian anthem and probably even more surprised they know the lyrics
Classy :handclap:
Unlike us montreal fans :sarcasm:

MassiveHabs 06-14-2006 08:21 PM

I woulda liked to see it but NBC didnt show the anthems tonite, *** is up with that...maybe i just missed it tho

Whitesnake 06-14-2006 08:22 PM

Oilers are just flying out there!!! Playing like the 1st game in Carolina.....this goal will definately give them so hope!!! :yo:

CrazyShea 06-14-2006 08:23 PM

CBC all the way although i do hate cole and neale.
Nice avatar by the way

Live Forever 06-14-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyshea
I was impressed to see the canes fans singing the canadian anthem and probably even more surprised they know the lyrics

the lyrics were on the supertron.

znk 06-14-2006 11:08 PM

wow what a crap play by the Canes.
That's firging pathetic.

SerialSeb 06-14-2006 11:11 PM

ANd I do beleive that the Oilers fan sang along with the US Anthem in there to games.

My guest here is they didn't want the OIlers fan be the only one with "class"

Live Forever 06-14-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialSeb
ANd I do beleive that the Oilers fan sang along with the US Anthem in there to games.

My guest here is they didn't want the OIlers fan be the only one with "class"

monkey see monkey do.

CrazyShea 06-14-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Forever
monkey see monkey do.

Yeah pretty much sums up carolina there

SerialSeb 06-14-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Yeah pretty much sums up carolina there

Well at least there learning some hockey culture and class from the best.

You know Canada!
:yo:

Hooray for us!
:handclap:

BruinsGirl 06-15-2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

It's really easy to learn anthems by watching NHL games... All fans should know both anthems by now. :)

cjbhab* 06-15-2006 12:45 AM

ya, um, oilers fans also sang the US anthems weeks ago.

Vagrant 06-15-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

monkey see monkey do.

Carolina actually had the first two home games of this series and sang along first. My guess is that Edmonton fans respected the anthem because Carolina respected theirs and it's really a non issue. How can it be monkey see monkey do when you went first?

se7en* 06-15-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Carolina actually had the first two home games of this series and sang along first. My guess is that Edmonton fans respected the anthem because Carolina respected theirs and it's really a non issue. How can it be monkey see monkey do when you went first?

It started in Edmonton after Sharks fans booed our anthem. :dunno:

Montrealer 06-15-2006 02:22 AM

Man do I see the stupidest arguments on these boards.

Vagrant 06-15-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikk
It started in Edmonton after Sharks fans booed our anthem. :dunno:

That wasn't this series. This series started in Carolina and the fans were respectful of the anthem and sang along. If we're going back to earlier series in this playoff year, why not go all the way back and say we're copying the first team that ever did it? Each series brings a new change.

se7en* 06-15-2006 02:23 AM

Okay, that's cool, I wasn't trying to argue or anything, I was just saying we started singing the US anthem after San Jose booed ours that's all!

GoHabsGO252006 06-15-2006 09:57 AM

Most people don't know but there is a decent community in the Carolina's of former Montrealers that left around the referdendum time a few years back.

Also, I really commend the NBC broadcast last night, I switched about halfway through and what a refreshing sound it was to have JD on there, he's much better than Harry Neale no question about that, great broadcast very exciting stuff. I may just watch the rest on NBC.

CrazyShea 06-15-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab
ya, um, oilers fans also sang the US anthems weeks ago.

Yeah i know and im not taking anything away from them. We all know theyre classy and crazy. Plus it is something that you expect from canadians. I was surprised to see the americans doing the same that is my point.

CrazyShea 06-15-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniacforever

When i watched the first two games i beleive there was alot of canadians/oiler fans in the stands since there was canada flags being waved and alot of oilers jerseys. I think it was mostly these people singing since the volume was not very loud but i could be wrong.

MacHabs93 06-15-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

the lyrics were on the supertron.

Carolina fans can read!??! :amazed:

"Raleigh, the only arena where the hockey players have more teeth than the fans in the stands" :sarcasm:

Habitants 06-15-2006 02:45 PM

is it just me or does that girl who sings the anthems in carolina really suck :help:

Habsfan18 06-15-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants
is it just me or does that girl who sings the anthems in carolina really suck :help:

Yeah she sucks pretty bad. She has no emotion and her voice always cracks.

Madevilz 06-15-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

I agree lol