HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   And The Hockey Gods Said, "Let there be Game 6..." (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=259818)

Live Forever 06-14-2006 11:08 PM

And The Hockey Gods Said, "Let there be Game 6..."
 
Pisani Scores shorthanded in overtime to give the Oilers another chance to hang on for their playoff lives!

znk 06-14-2006 11:10 PM

Ugliest play ever.

Bronn 06-14-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Ugliest play ever.

Doesn't matter

The Oilers live baby !!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

:yo:

:clap:

HH 06-14-2006 11:12 PM

Yes!!! You havn't won yet Carolina!

MacHabs93 06-14-2006 11:12 PM

:yo: :bow: :yo:

znk 06-14-2006 11:15 PM

I want the oilers to win...but I really hate it when a championship is not won on home ice. As a semi neutral observer it really takes alot of the magic away.

SerialSeb 06-14-2006 11:17 PM

Well at least if the Canes do win in game six then it won't be in front of there fans.

But then again this all thing could be a ruse to get to game 7 "the Super Bowl of hockey" or at least thats what Bettman would want. :sarcasm:

Never under estimate that Devilish little satyre!

znk 06-14-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialSeb
Well at least if the Canes do win in game six then it won't be in front of there fans.
But then again this all thing could be a ruse to get to game 7 "the Super Bowl of hockey" or at least thats what Bettman would want. :sarcasm:

Never under estimate that Devilish little satyre!


and...not wining in front of their fans makes you happy in what way?

Teufelsdreck 06-14-2006 11:30 PM

Bettman would like a game 7 because it would mean more revenue and more publicity for the NHL.

Team_Spirit 06-14-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Bettman would like a game 7 because it would mean more revenue and more publicity for the NHL.

Id like it too just for the heck of it , Tampa/Calgary game 6 and 7 were awsome .

SerialSeb 06-14-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
and...not wining in front of their fans makes you happy in what way?

Hate!

Just pure irrational unapologettic hatred like middle-easter rivalry fueled hate.

:)

Of course the Oilers winning in Carolina would be good, just not the greatest but I'm pretty sure the players don't care where the hell they win...

On that Go Oilers Go

CrazyShea 06-14-2006 11:45 PM

YESSS the canes didnt ruin my b-day thank you god!!!!!!!! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Live Forever 06-14-2006 11:46 PM

I wonder how many beatings Cory Stillman will be getting from his teammates tonight. Bye Bye Conn Smythe Trophy!

Kirk Muller 06-15-2006 12:03 AM

I am just glad that for once, the key time powerplay that Carolina is always given, cost them the game.

I love Mark Recchi, always have, but he went down like he was hit by a mack truck.

znk 06-15-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
I am just glad that for once, the key time powerplay that Carolina is always given, cost them the game.

I love Mark Recchi, always have, but he went down like he was hit by a mack truck.

Humm well he had the stick between his legs. The only way to not fall would be if the stick broke. You cant not fall if you have stick between your legs and it prevents you from completing your stride. It's just physicaly impossible.

Teufelsdreck 06-15-2006 11:03 AM

Let's not get too carried away with our conspiracy theories. That was a genuine penalty.

BLONG7 06-15-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Forever
I wonder how many beatings Cory Stillman will be getting from his teammates tonight. Bye Bye Conn Smythe Trophy!

Stillman and Stall, both made bad decisions coming out of their own end...

Dragon 06-15-2006 11:11 AM

Habs curse still alive!

While team who lead 2-0 in the series win the cup 27 out of 28 times, no team which beat the Habs in first round ever win the cup! how's that sound? :clap:

Brett38 06-15-2006 11:12 AM

I'm a Montreal Fan living in Northern Alberta...La Crete!

This is Oilers country. I have been cheering for them ever since the Habs have been eliminated. :clap:

The CUBE 06-15-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38
I'm a Montreal Fan living in Northern Alberta...La Crete!

This is Oilers country. I have been cheering for them ever since the Habs have been eliminated. :clap:

I have too. I recently moved to Calgary about 2 months ago form MMontreal.
Once the Habs lost I started going for the Oilers since they were the underdog and one of the last Canadian teams swtill standing.

I actually got to see Game 6 in Edmonton VS the Sharks when they won 2-0, it was awsome.

My work paid for the trip, we had a luxury coach with free booze and food and we ended up in the Telus booth ( I work for Telus) and they gave us all an Oilers hat and Jersey for the game and it was incredible. that kind of helped cheer on for the Oil even more.

Here is the link if you want to see some pics.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aud...m?.dir=f212re2

22SteveBegin22 06-15-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
no team which beat the Habs in first round ever win the cup!

Is that really true? Or only since the NHL went to its current playoff format?


Also, I don't think it's fair to Pisani to call that a really ugly play.... he was oppotunistic to pounce on that misplay at the blueline and then sniped a great shot by Ward.

wpg_habsfan 06-15-2006 11:58 AM

That was the greatest finish to a Stanley cup final game that I can remember in my short life. I thought it was over when Edmonton took that penalty, but as soon as Pisani stole the puck and then scored shorthanded I was absolutly amazed. I know there have been probably a few better goals in the final that people will probably point out, but for me that was the greatest.

Pisani is a playoff GOD!!! :bow: :yo:

Alouette_19 06-15-2006 12:42 PM

So sad going back to Edmonton for loose it in front of the oils fans :D

The next Canadian team and only one that can win this cup is the Habs :clap:

Ape Clutch 06-15-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22
Is that really true? Or only since the NHL went to its current playoff format?


Also, I don't think it's fair to Pisani to call that a really ugly play.... he was oppotunistic to pounce on that misplay at the blueline and then sniped a great shot by Ward.

It used to be that they wouldn't get passed the next round, but TB took care of that :(

Dragon 06-15-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanye West
It used to be that they wouldn't get passed the next round, but TB took care of that :(

Tampa beat us in 2nd round, not 1st round.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.