HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bertrand Raymond's today's article.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=259908)

Whitesnake 06-15-2006 08:48 AM

Bertrand Raymond's today's article....

For whatever it means since it's Raymond, he's making some clarifications about a few things :

1- Tremblay was never a candidate, will not be coming to Montreal and he never asked to be released

2- Lecavalier will never be traded cause Feaster told Demers so and Feaster would never lie to Demers....

3- André Savard did see Bernier on a couple of occasions. That one I don't understand if somebody can enlighten 'cause Leroux asked him if he had seen him. He told him no but in that article he said that the Bernier's scouting was sollicitated earlier this year. And then he saw him 6 times, 4 times in the Worlds Under-18....Is it me or..... :confused:

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvell...15-072600.html

SOLR 06-15-2006 08:55 AM

2 makes no sense whatsoever.

ti-vite 06-15-2006 08:57 AM

Raymond is always late on news.

Every time I read his articles, it brings nothing. I always end up :' yeah we knew that last week?'

He then brings up, again, this notion that the habs need more francophones. Old news.

Habs Man 06-15-2006 09:18 AM

Bertrand Raymond = :loony:

Teufelsdreck 06-15-2006 09:22 AM

It would make the francophone fans happier if the Habs had more players from Québec, and that would be a public relations plus. However, from the standpoint of putting together a team it's not imperative to do so. Otherwise, the Habs would be operating at a disadvantage other teams don't have. There would be extra pressure on Gainey when he feels the need to draft a Price ahead of Brulé or trade players like Théodore or Garon or release players like Brisebois and Perreault when they don't perform well. Right now, the Habs need a better center than Ribeiro. Since Lecavalier isn't available and Savard probably isn't either, Gainey would have to settle for an anglophone or a russophone.

Pat 06-15-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs Man

maybe the senility is finally kicking in :dunno:

AH 06-15-2006 09:35 AM

Cant believe this clown is in the HHOF. This is as bad as Bernie Federko or Clark Gillies being honoured into the Hall.

It's a bloody joke.

Habs Man 06-15-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat
maybe the senility is finally kicking in :dunno:

lol... maybe... If so... :clap:

habs_pat 06-15-2006 11:51 AM

reply to Bertrand Raymond

i am so tired of Raymond and the french journalist. i'm french and i don't give a damn about french players for the Habs. I't s not that important. Look a t the Alouettes, the people love the team because the are winning...

beowulf 06-15-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Pretty close :joker:

Fozz 06-15-2006 12:21 PM

Isn't it normal that Savard attends the Mainiacs' games in order to look how Aubin is coming along? Just because he's at one of their games doesn't mean he's scouting Bernier only... Could be looking at other players as well. :shakehead

fredez 06-15-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR
2 makes no sense whatsoever.

Jacques Demers was coach in Tampa in the past and he became really close friend with Jay Feaster so I believe #2 100%.

Stop dreaming about Vinny, just ain't happening

SOLR 06-15-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez
Jacques Demers was coach in Tampa in the past and he became really close friend with Jay Feaster so I believe #2 100%.

Stop dreaming about Vinny, just ain't happening

Jacques Demers HIRED Feaster as far as I remember when he was GM.

Im not talking about Vinny.

a) He(Feaster) wouldnt spill the beans on the possible biggest trade of the summer because he is friend with someone, how unprofessionnal of him. (Friendship-job doesnt mix)

b) How to not be a gm, talking with a journalist about trades before they happen.(gm-journalists doesnt mix)

My opinion is that Lecavalier will be traded before the draft(or at the draft), theres currently a contest of who is giving more. Don't be too surprised if Montreal is one of the main teams in the auction. (Probably indirectly much like the 3 way with LA for Bonk and Huet)

Possible 3 way...
(example)
TB gets: Kolzig + First Draft Pick
Montreal gets: Vincent Lecavalier
Washington gets : Aebiesher - Perezhogin + First Draft Pick

Expect the unexpected.

Points making more than obvious vinny is being auctionned:
a) Cap Space
b) Overhyped
c) Torto-Lecavalier is water and oil
d) Owner quotes: Win now with current player budget or else.(Impossible with the big 3 imo)

Habs Man 06-15-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR
Jacques Demers HIRED Feaster as far as I remember when he was GM.

Im not talking about Vinny.

a) He(Feaster) wouldnt spill the beans on the possible biggest trade of the summer because he is friend with someone, how unprofessionnal of him. (Friendship-job doesnt mix)

b) How to not be a gm, talking with a journalist about trades before they happen.(gm-journalists doesnt mix)

My opinion is that Lecavalier will be traded before the draft(or at the draft), theres currently a contest of who is giving more. Don't be too surprised if Montreal is one of the main teams in the auction. (Probably indirectly much like the 3 way with LA for Bonk and Huet)

Possible 3 way...
(example)
TB gets: Kolzig + First Draft Pick
Montreal gets: Vincent Lecavalier
Washington gets : Aebiesher - Perezhogin + First Draft Pick

Expect the unexpected.

Points making more than obvious vinny is being auctionned:
a) Cap Space
b) Overhyped
c) Torto-Lecavalier is water and oil
d) Owner quotes: Win now with current player budget or else.(Impossible with the big 3 imo)

IMO Abeischer, Perez & first rounder is ridiculously overpriced for Vincent Lecavalier.

Naoned 06-15-2006 02:39 PM

No way we get Vinny without giving more than a back-up goalie, a good young talent and mid first round pick. :teach:

Teufelsdreck 06-15-2006 02:52 PM

That trade wouldn't be overpriced for the Habs. The only player they would miss (assuming Huet is signed) is Perezhogin. Who knows how the #16 pick would turn out, and Aebischer would be redundant and unhappy.

deandebean 06-15-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

IMO Abeischer, Perez & first rounder is ridiculously overpriced for Vincent Lecavalier.

Overpriced?

Habs Man 06-15-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
Overpriced?

I think so... I'd rather give up a guy like Ryder than Perezhogan in that kind of a deal.

BigTimer* 06-15-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

I think so... I'd rather give up a guy like Ryder than Perezhogan in that kind of a deal.

No way. Ryder is a natural goal-scorer while Perezhogin is not. And we need goals.

sXe 06-15-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer
No way. Ryder is a natural goal-scorer while Perezhogin is not. And we need goals.

I thought Perez was supposed to be a sniper, I don't see it personnaly but wasn't he labelled as such?

Mikhail Grabovsky* 06-15-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
It would make the francophone fans happier if the Habs had more players from Québec, and that would be a public relations plus. However, from the standpoint of putting together a team it's not imperative to do so. Otherwise, the Habs would be operating at a disadvantage other teams don't have. There would be extra pressure on Gainey when he feels the need to draft a Price ahead of Brulé or trade players like Théodore or Garon or release players like Brisebois and Perreault when they don't perform well. Right now, the Habs need a better center than Ribeiro. Since Lecavalier isn't available and Savard probably isn't either, Gainey would have to settle for an anglophone or a russophone.

If my memory serves me right Brule was not born in Quebec..? :dunno: Not to trash you, just curious

Teufelsdreck 06-15-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Maley
If my memory serves me right Brule was not born in Quebec..? :dunno: Not to trash you, just curious

You are correct but he is of Québécois stock and he would be 110% acceptable to the partisams on rue Ste. Catherine. :D

Teufelsdreck 06-15-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe
I thought Perez was supposed to be a sniper, I don't see it personnaly but wasn't he labelled as such?

From my observations of him, I think he will prove to be that. He has a good shot but hasn't learned to put himself in ideal positions for getting it off quickly.

SOLR 06-15-2006 06:49 PM

I think Perez would be a great gritty forward to play with Ovechkin like he did in the world juniors some years ago if I remember well. But yes of course I would give Ryder 10 times more than Perez, even if im ready to sacrifice Perez for Vinny.(Knowing I have Kost)

And yes maybe somewhat overpriced, but big trades are often over priced. The fact is, Vinny makes the hab a dominant team from day 1.

toshiro 06-16-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH
Cant believe this clown is in the HHOF. This is as bad as Bernie Federko or Clark Gillies being honoured into the Hall.

It's a bloody joke.

You dont believe that Bernie should be in the hall?