HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What's up with (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26031)

Jetsons 11-06-2003 02:38 PM

What's up with
 
Arkhipov

So far this year he only has 2 points in 12 games. He was predicted to do better things this year. Is he just unlucky, is it his linemates or what is happening?

Thanks

Stranger 11-06-2003 02:55 PM

I honestly wish we knew as well. The Preds would be doing alot better right now if Arkhipov was progressing like the did during the 01-02 season.

Olaf 11-06-2003 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsons
Arkhipov

So far this year he only has 2 points in 12 games. He was predicted to do better things this year. Is he just unlucky, is it his linemates or what is happening?

Thanks


It drives me nuts to watch him. He can look great on any given shift but teams are forcing him to play out of the corners unlike a couple years ago when he was using his speed on the rush. Plus he has been a bit unfortunate in his shots. If only he would use his size he might chip in a couple more from in close and get some confidence going again. When his wingers are doing the dirty work he will not pay the price to get to the net. And I don't know if anyone else notices it ...but he has a pretty slow shooting trigger and gets a fair share of shots deflected/blocked.

PredDave 11-06-2003 05:55 PM

If Arkhipov doesn't begin lighting it up, he will be added to our dearly departed Russians list: Krivokrasov, Yachmenev, Boikov, etc

:lol:

smashviller 11-06-2003 06:25 PM

watch NHL tonight or Sportscenter and coutn how many goals are scored from deflections, tip ins, and just hanging out in the crease...it's a ridiculous amount.

Its not just Arky, nobody is crashing the net like they need to on the team.

hipcheck85 11-07-2003 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashviller
watch NHL tonight or Sportscenter and coutn how many goals are scored from deflections, tip ins, and just hanging out in the crease...it's a ridiculous amount.

Its not just Arky, nobody is crashing the net like they need to on the team.

Triggrman and I were talking about that a few days ago. We are a much more physical team this year but still don't have anyone willing to pay the price to stay in front of the net to wreak some havoc.

triggrman 11-07-2003 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipcheck85
Triggrman and I were talking about that a few days ago. We are a much more physical team this year but still don't have anyone willing to pay the price to stay in front of the net to wreak some havoc.

With Adam Hall being the exception. Funny all the talk of Hartnell being more of the "power" forward than Hall, you sure can't tell it so far this season.

gopreds98 11-07-2003 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
With Adam Hall being the exception. Funny all the talk of Hartnell being more of the "power" forward than Hall, you sure can't tell it so far this season.

I think Adam Hall has been one of the real bright spots on the team this season. His scoring numbers aren't great, but he's one of the few guys that I don't think has taken a night off yet. And night in, night out, he's crashing the net and making things happen.

As for Arkhipov, he's really pissing me off this season. Not just because he isn't producing, but I really feel like he's been taking a lot of shifts and nights off. I really don't understand why he hasn't been benched for a game yet.

Radulov for Czar* 11-07-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashviller
watch NHL tonight or Sportscenter and coutn how many goals are scored from deflections, tip ins, and just hanging out in the crease...it's a ridiculous amount.

Its not just Arky, nobody is crashing the net like they need to on the team.

You mean the NHL tonight that is on 2 nights a week? Cuz I don't think there are goals in football and basketball, so that eliminates Sportscenter. :mad:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.