HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Higgins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=260428)

toshiro 06-17-2006 01:09 PM

Higgins

What is Higgins top end? Does he have the creativity or shooting skills to be a 40 goal or 80 points man?

HH 06-17-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro
What is Higgins top end? Does he have the creativity or shooting skills to be a 40 goal or 80 points man?

After what he showed this season, I would say yes.

Freaky Habs Fan 06-17-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Maybe in his prime but I think he will be more of a consistent 30 goals and 65 points player with a couple of better season. He will most likely not stay on the 1st line forever with all our skilled player comming in within the next 2 years.

But he will still be one of the Habs most valuable player years after years for sure!

Poochie_D 06-17-2006 01:14 PM

35-40 goal scorer. Excellent defensive player. He's gonna be real good.

HabuseMoi 06-17-2006 01:15 PM

you guys ares really optimistic

I would say 25-30 goals a year, but id be glad to be proved wrong

alexstream 06-17-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Kirk Muller v. 1992-1993

but that's his UPside. he might not reach it.

SuperUnknown 06-17-2006 01:20 PM

Imo, Higgins will be a 25-30 goals, 60 points player. Maybe he'll do better someday but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Munchausen 06-17-2006 01:22 PM

I'm one of Higgins' biggest fans, regardless of offensive contribution, because his effort is constent and he helps the team in so many ways.

That being said, I'm still waiting for Higgins to show he's not "just" a 2nd half kind of player, struggling to find his scoring touch early only to let loose late in the season. He's been doing it this way for the past 3 years now.

I think it's fair to say Higgins will no longer start as a 4th liner for us next season, so this will be a real measuring stick to determine if his offensive output can match his effort consistency in the future.

If it does, sky's the limit, he might be a good 35g/50a man. If not, look for him to remain at around a 20-25g/30a a year pace, which is still pretty decent numbers.

Habsfan18 06-17-2006 01:34 PM

25-30 goal scorer.

beowulf 06-17-2006 01:34 PM

I seem to be with the majority, a 25-30 goal and 60-70pt two-way forward.

SOLR 06-17-2006 01:35 PM

I think higgins is an elite 2 way 2nd liner forward with a 30 goal-70 pts upside. I think what we have seen this year in terms of offensive numbers will grow some more next year as a lot of new guys mature.

Guriken 06-17-2006 01:37 PM

He has some great skills, he's strong and works hard. I see him as a consistant 25 goals and 60 points player and he plays really well on both sides, watch out for him when he gets more powerplay time!

Team_Spirit 06-17-2006 01:50 PM

As long as he goes to the net and get PP time Higgins will score 30gaols or more every year. And i think he's 1st line material and it's not a must to have him on the PK . Bonk/Bégin Pleky/Lappy or Murray.

Dr_Hook 06-17-2006 01:54 PM

I don't think he's creative enough to be an 80 pts man. He'll always end up with more goals than assists. 40 goals may be a stretch: I'd say more like 35 goals for 60 pts while being a very reliable hard-working and complete player, which sounds pretty sweet to me !! :D

NewHabsEra* 06-17-2006 02:17 PM

Higgins doesnt have the scoring skills to be an elite offensive weapon, he has some real nice skills but what make him so special is the way he plays the game, extremmely smart and intensive in every areas of the game... Any lines he will play on will make the line better. Impossible to forecast how many goals and pts he will get per season, its all about how the coatch will use him.. Still on the first line with Koivu or on the third with Bonk to make the checking line better? On the first PP unit? On the second? No PP time? Dont forget we have some highly offensively skilled kids coming Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovski for example..

Higgins is a keeper, a real one that makes you win hockey games.

Talent Analyst 06-17-2006 02:36 PM

Higgins is like Jere Lethinen . He fit everywhere .. Defence , attack ...

I see him like a 35 goal scorer if he rest with Koivu and Ryder

ChemiseBleuHonnete 06-17-2006 02:39 PM

Higgins' upside = selke winner

toshiro 06-17-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player

I cant get a good handle on how good his shot is. Sometimes it seems great. Sometimes he appears like a Ryder with speed and defensive prowess.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 06-17-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

I cant get a good handle on how good his shot is. Sometimes it seems great. Sometimes he appears like a Ryder with speed and defensive prowess.

I think he has a superb release and wrist shot power, but his shooting accurancy is above-average but not good imo. He has nice speed (excellent acceleration too) and hands, and he's a hard worker + his defensive game and penality killing smarts are great.

Teufelsdreck 06-17-2006 03:11 PM

I'll go with the flow and say that I don't expect him ever to be a 40 goal scorer.

MasterD 06-17-2006 03:23 PM

Depends who his center is, IMO, but I see him at a consistant 25 goal guy.. might reach 35 once or twice... around 60-70 points with good linemates

But the defensive game he brings is what will make our 2nd line so good for the next few years

as people have pointed out, I see him having a smilar career as a guy like Lehtinen, although they dont really play the game the same way IMO...

CH Wizard 06-17-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

I think he has a superb release and wrist shot power, but his shooting accurancy is above-average but not good imo. He has nice speed (excellent acceleration too) and hands, and he's a hard worker + his defensive game and penality killing smarts are great.

I agree with everything beside the shooting accuracy part. I'd say his shooting accuracy is pretty average. I can't recall, how many times I"ve seen him shoot wide. I guess, he'll improve this...I can't wait to see him cross the offensive zone, at full speed and score top corner one day.

He's a very special player, I must admit. He's classy and he's really a solid all around player. The Habs will need him.

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-17-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Exactly what I think. He will be molded by two of the greatest defensive forwards of all time (Carbonneau and Gainey) so it can only help. Plus, if he is matched with Koivu for a long I see him score 30 goals every year. The comparasion to Jere Lehtinen are fair IMO.

SOLR 06-17-2006 04:02 PM

Don't forget Jarvis...;)

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-17-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR
Don't forget Jarvis...;)

Yeah, I forgot Jarvis, you're right. Hehe, maybe he coudl won 5 or 6 Selkes with all of that great defensive coaching! :bow: