HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   way to go for the *tie* macT!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26053)

jadeddog 11-06-2003 05:09 PM

way to go for the *tie* macT!!!!
 
what a pathetic display in OT from macT.... yes yes, the RPM line had a good game, but they are not the guys to be out there when its 4 on 4.... what an IDIOT!!! i know thats a harsh word but macT just doesnt respect TALENT!! if it was up to him every player would be a 3rd line "mucker".... its sad to see talent sitting on the bench that could have actually *done* something in OT.... but nope, hes gonna go with his "boys" and screw it up for us.... im SOOOOOO sick of macT's BS when it comes to skill-players, its just pathetic, there is no other word for it.... simple pathetic

it wouldnt surprise me to see him sit smyth and hemsky next game to "teach them a lesson about hard work, and digging and garbage goals and defensive responiblah blah blah blah blah..." am i the only one so UNBELIEVABLY tired of his bullsh*t when it comes to skill players..... word is that macT is part of the reason for comrie being gone, i wont be surprised to see him drive out hemsky one day as well..... im just SOOOO frustrated, i just.... ARARGAGAGA!!!! $*$#@($#@&*#@!~!!!!!

i cant deal with it anymore, its just infuriating.... what a ****** JOKE!!

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 11-06-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
what a pathetic display in OT from macT.... yes yes, the RPM line had a good game, but they are not the guys to be out there when its 4 on 4.... what an IDIOT!!! i know thats a harsh word but macT just doesnt respect TALENT!! if it was up to him every player would be a 3rd line "mucker".... its sad to see talent sitting on the bench that could have actually *done* something in OT.... but nope, hes gonna go with his "boys" and screw it up for us.... im SOOOOOO sick of macT's BS when it comes to skill-players, its just pathetic, there is no other word for it.... simple pathetic

it wouldnt surprise me to see him sit smyth and hemsky next game to "teach them a lesson about hard work, and digging and garbage goals and defensive responiblah blah blah blah blah..." am i the only one so UNBELIEVABLY tired of his bullsh*t when it comes to skill players..... word is that macT is part of the reason for comrie being gone, i wont be surprised to see him drive out hemsky one day as well..... im just SOOOO frustrated, i just.... ARARGAGAGA!!!! $*$#@($#@&*#@!~!!!!!

i cant deal with it anymore, its just infuriating.... what a ****** JOKE!!

I thought I was the gonna have to be the one to say it.

oilers_guy_eddie 11-06-2003 05:16 PM

Since the RPM line created more scoring chances and goals than the rest of the team put together, I don't understand the complaint.

Cerebral 11-06-2003 05:17 PM

I 100% disagree! While I personally would have gone with Smyth/Hemsky with the powerplay, i completely respect MacT's decision! Smyth did absolutely nothing all game (yet again) and did not deserve to be out there! Nor Hemsky.. I think he had one of his worst games of the year and on top of that nearly cost us 2 goals with his bad giveaways! It sets a very bad precedent if you reward bad and lazy play with more ice time.. check out the Rangers. I think you're way off base on your negative comments towards MacTavish..

Habitant 11-06-2003 05:18 PM

Rewarding checking line by giving them PP time in the late stages of a blowout = SMART.

Rewarding checking line by giving them PP time in the late stages of overtime = STUPID.

Allan 11-06-2003 05:20 PM

I'm with Cerebral. If a player is not producing in regulation, it's not a safe bet that he will suddenly improve in OT. For that matter, three forwards and only one defenseman (Bergeron at that) was a pretty big gamble by MacTavish standards.

P.S. Please use some capitals and punctuation. It would make your ranting much easier to read.

oilers_guy_eddie 11-06-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitant
Rewarding checking line by giving them PP time in the late stages of a blowout = SMART.

Rewarding checking line by giving them PP time in the late stages of overtime = STUPID.

Putting your top offensive unit on the ice when you've got a chance to win = SMART ...and there's no question who was the Oilers' top offensive unit this game.

Watts02 11-06-2003 05:26 PM

i cant deal with it anymore, its just infuriating.... what a ****** JOKE!![/QUOTE]


Man this team gets no love even win they tie with one of the top 3 teams from the east. I am starting to see shy Mike Commie wants out. :shakehead Hemsky was playing like crap! Plain and simple. Sit him and anybody else that isn't producing and let them learn that it has to be brought each and every game.

jadeddog 11-06-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
I'm with Cerebral. If a player is not producing in regulation, it's not a safe bet that he will suddenly improve in OT. For that matter, three forwards and only one defenseman (Bergeron at that) was a pretty big gamble by MacTavish standards.

P.S. Please use some capitals and punctuation. It would make your ranting much easier to read.

nah, dont think that i will.... im not too fond of punctuation in web-talk

hockeyaddict101 11-06-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Since the RPM line created more scoring chances and goals than the rest of the team put together, I don't understand the complaint.

Agreed, they were the best line all night and created more chances in OT.

I agree with Mac-T's decision on this one.

Cujo_31 11-06-2003 05:32 PM

he put out the line that worked the hardest & created the most scoring chances... I also dont understand your complaint..i'd rather see the line that works the hardest & creates the most chances throughout the game out on the PP in OT, rather then a line that hasn't done much & turned the puck over & almost gave the game away & didn't create much offensively. I say, Great Job MacTavish.

Cerebral 11-06-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watts02
i cant deal with it anymore, its just infuriating.... what a ****** JOKE!! Man this team gets no love even win they tie with one of the top 3 teams from the east. I am starting to see shy Mike Commie wants out. :shakehead: Hemsky was playing like crap! Plain and simple. Sit him and anybody else that isn't producing and let them learn that it has to be brought each and every game.

Thank you Watts! Exactly how I feel! So many fans on these boards are just looking for things that piss them off during the game.. the first thread up after the game is criticizing MacT's decision. Why nothing about Salo/Brewer's outstanding play? Why nothing about Izzy's injury/hoping it's not too bad? Instead, a bunch of whining about how MacTavish should reward Hemsky and Smyth's terrible play this game! For the first time in a long time I saw a lazy Smyth tonight.. he let up on quite a few forchecks and really didn't play with the heart that I'm accustomed to see Smytty playing with. :mad:

Digger12 11-06-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
im just SOOOO frustrated, i just.... ARARGAGAGA!!!! $*$#@($#@&*#@!~!!!!!

:lol:
Wow man, take up some Tai Chi before you blow a ventricle...

If not for RPM's work tonight, we don't even get to OT; instead we're fretting about another Oilers loss.

Guys like Pisani and Moreau aren't very talented, but they showed up at least and GOT RESULTS.

I believe the message Horcoff and Hemsky received was more important than the point we may have gained in the standings. You can bet those two will be playing more desperate hockey in Toronto, assuming they're not in the pressbox. Yes, even Hemsky.

Seachd 11-06-2003 05:44 PM

I don't have a problem with the players he put out. In fact, I was happy to see Salmelainen out there.

I did have a problem with the way the overtime was played (the powerplay, anyway). I didn't see the use waiting for the perfect shot with only a minute left.

dawgbone 11-06-2003 05:45 PM

Who do you put on the ice...

the line that went -3 and struggled, or the team that single-handedly pulled your team back in the game? RPM created chances all game long, and they were the best line... and that is who you put out on the pp is your best line.

Allan 11-06-2003 05:47 PM

The two goals weren't isolated, lucky goals, either. They very nearly scored on a power play in the third, too. Best chance the team had.

jadeddog 11-06-2003 05:47 PM

lol... oh yeah i think the RPM line played GREAT... i was VERY happy with them... i also thought brewer had a HUGE game, salo was bad again though, sorry everybody... the first 2 goals should have been stopped

there were lots of positive things to bring out of this game.... my point was that im sick and tired of macT stiffling offensive players because they might not be great defensivly or might not get constant pressure.... sorry macT, thats how MANY offensive players in the NHL are..... you dont notice them and then in the 3rd period they make a slick move or pass and BOOM! you got yourself a goal.... it just shows macT's thinking about the game.... better to try and not lose than try and win... i personally cant stand it anymore

Habitant 11-06-2003 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Putting your top offensive unit on the ice when you've got a chance to win = SMART ...and there's no question who was the Oilers' top offensive unit this game.

I agree that the RPM line was the best tonight but this was an overtime Power Play. There's a ton of room to move around and beat the defense with speed, quick passes, and point shots. That's what you pay Smyth, Hemsky, and Brewer for. The RPM line along with Bergeron looked lost out there. They're bangers and grinders, not PP specialists. Bad move. I understand Comrie not wanting to play for MacT.

Cerebral 11-06-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
my point was that im sick and tired of macT stiffling offensive players because they might not be great defensivly or might not get constant pressure....

That's an understatement.. Smyth/Hemsky were absolutely terrible defensively today! I would be extremely disapointed in MacT if he turned around and rewarded Hemsky + Smyth for playing -3 hockey.. I agree with someone else who mentioned that the lesson Hemsky learns today from not seeing ice time in the last couple minutes is worth even more than a potential extra point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
it just shows macT's thinking about the game.... better to try and not lose than try and win... i personally cant stand it anymore

How was MacT trying simply to not lose? He had four freaking fowards out there for much of the OT! If he was just trying to get the tie he would have had Moreau, Reasoner, Cross and Brewer out there the whole OT. He was certainly going for the win tonight.. just because you disagree with his coaching decision in the last minute doesn't mean his entire philosophy is, as you put it, a "joke" ..

Behind Enemy Lines 11-06-2003 05:55 PM

Thank goodness for sanity. The RPM line carried this team tonight outworking and generating results on the scoresheet. They totally deserved overtime ice.

Icetime and special team play should be earned and not an entitlement.
That was the case tonight and a simple matter of common sense coaching.

USC Trojans 11-06-2003 05:56 PM

I think he wasn't conservative at all.

Putting 4 forwards out in OT is offensive gung-ho. Putting your four best forwards of the game is smart. When you're playing against the Eastern Conference in OT, you can afford to take chances.

mrush 11-06-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitant
I agree that the RPM line was the best tonight but this was an overtime Power Play. There's a ton of room to move around and beat the defense with speed, quick passes, and point shots. That's what you pay Smyth, Hemsky, and Brewer for. The RPM line along with Bergeron looked lost out there. They're bangers and grinders, not PP specialists. Bad move. I understand Comrie not wanting to play for MacT.

Agreed. Im tired of mact ever since the start of the season not just this one game. imo comrie probably doesnt like mac t's system of hockey. I hope comrie leaves now even though i want him to sign so badly with the oilers.

Hemsky gets nagged and nagged constantly about his game, well thats his style of play and he wasnt playing like crap the first 5games cause that was his style but now everyone wnats him to change his style, and he plays like crap. Hemsky needs a way better centre than horcoff btw. Hemsky is a passer and picks his shots. He was doing a nice job but now he probably thinks about doing too much that he has been turning it over and over. Mac t shows no confidence in hemsky and now hemsky is playing like ****. i really dislike mac t. RPM line is good yes but dont over use them. Hemsky got like 11 shifts this game, soon he'll be in the press box not playing.

Allan 11-06-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
That's an understatement.. Smyth/Hemsky were absolutely terrible defensively today! I would be extremely disapointed in MacT if he turned around and rewarded Hemsky + Smyth for playing -3 hockey.. I agree with someone else who mentioned that the lesson Hemsky learns today from not seeing ice time in the last couple minutes is worth even more than a potential extra point.

I think that their defensive weaknesses were secondary to them not being out in OT anyway. Not only were they poor defensively, they produced nothing all game except for when Smyth hit the crossbar, which was more due to sloppy defence and good luck than anything Smyth did. I really like these guys, and I know that they are going to return to form, but in overtime, results are the only thing that matters, and the results were not coming from Smyth and Hemsky tonight.

mrush 11-06-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
I think that their defensive weaknesses were secondary to them not being out in OT anyway. Not only were they poor defensively, they produced nothing all game except for when Smyth hit the crossbar, which was more due to sloppy defence and good luck than anything Smyth did. I really like these guys, and I know that they are going to return to form, but in overtime, results are the only thing that matters, and the results were not coming from Smyth and Hemsky tonight.

they need a center, they worry about too much now, when marchant was on their line they were let loose but now mac t probably wants them to be conservative so they cant play like they wanna. Smyth is now back to lw but horcoff does not belong, reasoner does but people say 3rd line C more important so we need a number 1 center. I want comrie to sign because comrie likes to score so hemsky can pass to him and comrie will finish the play.

Allan 11-06-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrush
they need a center, they worry about too much now, when marchant was on their line they were let loose but now mac t probably wants them to be conservative so they cant play like they wanna. Smyth is now back to lw but horcoff does not belong, reasoner does but people say 3rd line C more important so we need a number 1 center. I want comrie to sign because comrie likes to score so hemsky can pass to him and comrie will finish the play.

I agree. In the absence of Comrie, I think that Reasoner would be a perfect fit, but we can't take him from the third line. That is why Stefan (http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif) may be worth looking at. I can't see him being a big time scorer, but from what I have seen, he could do what Marchant did on the first line last year - be the defensive concience, and make some decent passes. Not that I'm focused on him in particular, just that the Oilers don't seem to have someone to fill that role (maybe Sarno), and I can't think of anyone else who is available who could do it well either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.