HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canadiens @ Sabres - November 7th, 2003 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26054)

gohabsgo2010 11-06-2003 05:11 PM

Canadiens @ Sabres - November 7th, 2003 SAKU'S BAKU!

Two Teams, possibly heading in opposite directions, will square off in what is the first game of a home in home series. The Montreal Canadiens (6-7-0-0) will travel to HSBC Arena in Buffalo to try and tame the Sabres (6-6-1-0) on Friday night. The Habs squad will feature a much different look, due to injuries and some serious line-shuffling, as well as much anticipated return of Saku Koivu. The redhot Chris Drury, an offseason acquisition, will look to build on his 11 points in 13 games against a less than stellar Montreal defence.

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST, 4:30 PM PST
Venue : Centre Bell
TV: RDS
Radio : CKAC, CJAD

Probable Starting Netminders: Jose Theodore (2.40 GAA , .910 SV) vs. Martin Biron ( 4-3-1, 2.79 GAA, .902 SV)

Likely Canadiens Line-up :

#20 Zednik - #11 Koivu - #82 Audette
#81 Hossa - #71 Ribeiro - #73 Ryder
#38 Bulis- #25 Kilger - #24 Dackell
#15 Langdon - #22 Begin- #37 Sundstrom

#79 Markov - #43 Brisebois
#44 Souray - #5 Quintal
#51 Bouillon (NO!) - #52 Rivet

Projected Sabres Line-Up:

TBD

Canadiens Scratches:

#65 Hainsey (healthy) BOO!, #22 Begin (Game Time Descision), #90 Juneau (doubtful - back), #94 Perreault (healthy)

Sabres Scratches:

TBD

Key Questions:

- Can Saku Koivu ignite Richard Zednik?
- Why will Ron Hainsey, once again, sit in favour of Francis Bouillon?
- With Juneau questionable, will Higgins or Plekanec skate tonight?
- Can Jose Theodore prove to doubters, yet again, that he is star calibre by playing some shutdown hockey against the vastly improves Sabres?
- Can Chad Kilger and Sheldon Souray be key elements to the Habs' powerplay?
- Is Mike Ribeiro's early season success all but forgotten? Or will the Tiny Dancer put up his first point in seven games?
- Can Richard Zednik, one year removed from 31-goals, out duel fellow countryman and Sabres' top-gun Miro Satan?
- Turning to yet another Slovak, can Marcel Hossa plant himself on the scoresheet after receiving a benching from coach Julien?

Match-ups:

- Koivu vs. Drury
- Kilger vs. Pyatt
- Connolly vs. Ribeiro
- Souray vs. McKee
- Theodore vs. Biron
- Satan vs. Zednik

Habs to Watch:

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web...25/28789_2.jpg

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web...25/28784_2.jpg

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web...25/28757_2.jpg

Leprechaun 11-06-2003 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=jl.roberts]

#79 Markov - #43 Brisebois
#44 Souray - #5 Quintal
#51 Bouillon (NO!) - #52 Rivet[/I]

QUOTE]

I don't understand our Bouillon (NO!) ? :dunno:

Why do you think Claude Julien pair him with Rivet....

He's one of the rare one who don't seem to give up and who's always ready to defend his teammates !

montreal 11-06-2003 07:32 PM

Biron starting? He looked really bad last game. I would think they would rest him. THey should have won that game, they were taking it to the Thrashers and then Biron just let in a bunch in the 3rd. Crazy game I watched most of it.

Larmar 11-07-2003 02:30 AM

What Perreault and Audett can to do in defensive line :rolly:

KillToronto 11-07-2003 03:06 AM

Sabres 4 - Habs 2

Habber 11-07-2003 03:35 AM

Gazette today said that Begin practised yesterday, so he may be ready to go tonight.

Sportsnet this morning said that Juneau will be a game time decision. They also said that Koivu will be back sooner rather than later.

I would think that they'll have to call someone up today. If neither Begin or Juneau can go, we'll be down a forward, not? Do we have room on the roster right now or would we have to put someone on the IR?

Larmar 11-07-2003 03:47 AM

Domi is svoloch(it is in russian slang)

Munchausen 11-07-2003 06:50 AM

I've wanted to see a Bulis - Kilger - Ward 3rd line for some time now. Of course Ward's injured but a Bulis - Kilger - Sundstrom line could still be interesting to watch. The good thing with Juneau's injury is we'll finally have the possibility to see what Kilger can do at center.

But with Begin, Ward, Koivu and Juneau injured, I can't understand why they didn't call up Plekanec or Higgins. Might have been their chance to steal a spot from a vet.

Nielson81 11-07-2003 08:27 AM

Koivu in the lineup and Theodore in the nets I'm going to say 4-1 for the Habs, Saku with 2 assists, Zednik 1 goal Audette 1 goal.

Unbiased Canadian

BruinsGirl 11-07-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larmar
Domi is svoloch(it is in russian slang)

You are funny...While there is no exact translation for "svoloch"....
b-a-s-t-a-r-d (skotina) will be somewhat close...but what this thread has to do with Domi?

AK-47 11-07-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
You are funny...While there is no exact translation for "svoloch"....
b-a-s-t-a-r-d (skotina) will be somewhat close...but what this thread has to do with Domi?

about as much as a bruins fan posting in it.

oli500 11-07-2003 11:45 AM

well koivu is finally making his season debut acording to rds.

Here are my predictions on the lines claude is going to put out there tonight.

Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Koivu - Zednik
Langdon- Kilger- Béjin
Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell

I heard that perrault was sitting out tongiht but corect me if im rong.

Zednik and bulis are both going to have big nights tonight. Noing koivu is coming back and that zednik was mention in trade rhumors I think hes nows that he needs a big night.
5- 3 final score in favor of the habs. goals from
2 zednik
Bulis
Ryder
Kilger

Assist
3 koivu
2 Ribeiro
Béjin
Hossa

AK-47 11-07-2003 01:46 PM

Lineup according to rds:

Richard Zednik-Saku Koivu-Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribeiro-Michael Ryder
Jan Bulis-Joe Juneau-Niklas Sundstrom
Daren Langdon-Steve Bégin-Chad Kilger

Stéphane Quintal-Sheldon Souray
Craig Rivet- Francis Bouillon
Patrice Brisbebois- Andrei Markov

José Théodore
Mathieu Garon

Injuries: Ward
Scratches: Perreault, Dackell and Hainsey

goalchenyuk 11-07-2003 01:55 PM

link to perreault argu with the big boss...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...07_120940_4088

Sportsnet.ca - It's addition by subtraction tonight for Montreal as their captain returns from the injured list but their most consistent scorer and faceoff man is scratched. The Montreal Canadiens will get an added boost to their lineup tonight when captain Saku Koivu returns to action.

Sources have told Sportsnet that the Habs captain will play tonight versus Buffalo while Yanic Perreault will be a healthy scratch.

This will be his first game of the season for Koivu after injuring his right knee in the preseason.

Koivu led the Canadiens with 71 points last season. The team has struggled on offence so far this season, having recorded only 26 goals in 13 games.

Perreault, on the other hand, was pulled from the lineup tonight by head coach Claude Julien after he had a heated exchange with the head coach during the morning skate.

Perreault has five goals and seven points this season in 13 games playe

danboulie 11-07-2003 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK-47
Lineup according to rds:

Richard Zednik-Saku Koivu-Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribeiro-Michael Ryder
Jan Bulis-Joe Juneau-Niklas Sundstrom
Daren Langdon-Steve Bégin-Chad Kilger

Stéphane Quintal-Sheldon Souray
Craig Rivet- Francis Bouillon
Patrice Brisbebois- Andrei Markov

José Théodore
Mathieu Garon

Injuries: none
Scratches: Perreault, Dackell and Hainsey

Injuries: none? Did Ward die or something?

I"m going to make a prediction for a 3-1 Montreal victory!

MLH 11-07-2003 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Ugh.. i despise the HSBC arena.. =\

Why?

AK-47 11-07-2003 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
Injuries: none? Did Ward die or something?

I"m going to make a prediction for a 3-1 Montreal victory!

Seems I forgot the poor lad.

Blackshad 11-07-2003 02:43 PM

4/3 lost

AK-47 11-07-2003 03:02 PM

According to CJAD.

Hainsey is in and Quintal is out.

L'abstrait 11-07-2003 03:11 PM

2-2 tie I say

Breenger 11-07-2003 03:17 PM

Langdon vs. Bolton

Histrion 11-07-2003 03:36 PM

Well, Ribeiro missed another helluva chance earlier in the game. There's no way a team that can be expecting to win a game if they don't capitalize on the kind of chance we've had so far.. Let's hope for the best !

Histrion 11-07-2003 03:39 PM

Nice play by Kaptain Kourage, but we still couldn't score. If we keep creating chances, we made breakthrough, but it's getting frustrating. We've been the better team so far. If we could score one before the first intermission, that would set the tone for the second..

Démon Blond 11-07-2003 03:39 PM

How is Koivu doing?

Histrion 11-07-2003 03:41 PM

I haven't noticed him too much tonight, since I am also doing things on my computer and such, but I saw that nice play he made. He seems to be totally fit to me though. I'll pay more attention in the second period and then I'll answer your question with more precision!