HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Good local High School team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26055)

Superman33 11-06-2003 06:16 PM

Good local High School team

If you guys live in the area and get a chance to see Holy Ghost Prep play, you better go and see it. They have amazing players that all work together great. They have everything they need to be the best team in the state and I wish my team has half the heart and half the talent they have. Tonight they ripped my team apart, we have our own problems and my team is going to have to change because we can't hold a candle to them. The only problem that I have with Holy Ghost is that I have no respect for their star player. He may be the best player I have ever faced but he should never run the goalie (myself) like he did tonight. Its a shame he has to ruin his skill by being one of the dirtest players that I have also ever played against. My hat is off to the best team I have ever seen in high school hockey, go check them out. Congrats Frank, ill try harder to keep it close next time.

Quellet The Dogs Out 11-06-2003 07:02 PM

Thanks Brad, you're a good guy. Way to hang in there tonight, I know its tough...

Thanks for the praise, however, I just dont see how you lack respect for Worthington. He didn't run you tonight - I watched the whole play from the bench. He stopped before you, Gaines (60, who is an absolute goon) shoved him into you, and then he fell, and Gaines starts punching the s**t out of him. Very cheap play, and we end up with a 5-3 Penalty Kill? Which I had to kill by the way....

Again though, thank you very much for the praise, I will mention it to my team tomorrow. We really appreciate it, even though the game kinda got ugly at one point. You played very well considering the circumstances, it wasn't your fault.

Thanks again!

GoneFullHextall 11-06-2003 10:21 PM

i wish they good hs hockey here in NH but they dont. college hockey on the other hand is where its at UNH WildCats baby :yo:

Teezax 11-07-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman33
If you guys live in the area and get a chance to see Holy Ghost Prep play, you better go and see it. They have amazing players that all work together great. They have everything they need to be the best team in the state and I wish my team has half the heart and half the talent they have. Tonight they ripped my team apart, we have our own problems and my team is going to have to change because we can't hold a candle to them. The only problem that I have with Holy Ghost is that I have no respect for their star player. He may be the best player I have ever faced but he should never run the goalie (myself) like he did tonight. Its a shame he has to ruin his skill by being one of the dirtest players that I have also ever played against. My hat is off to the best team I have ever seen in high school hockey, go check them out. Congrats Frank, ill try harder to keep it close next time.

what was the final score? and shot count?

Superman33 11-07-2003 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
what was the final score? and shot count?

12-3 with the shots at about 50- 16 I let in 8 goals and was pulled with about 5 minutes remaining in the second period.

IronMarshal 11-07-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

12-3 with the shots at about 50- 16 I let in 8 goals and was pulled with about 5 minutes remaining in the second period.

Is Mark Matthews or John Bria your coach?

Superman33 11-07-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Is Mark Matthews or John Bria your coach?

Yes Mr. John Bria is my coach along with Mr.Jim Gannon

John Flyers Fan 11-07-2003 10:41 AM

I would have loved to have played Holy Ghost Prep.

My senior season (1993) we were the 2nd best high school team in the area.

Teezax 11-07-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Ouch, you sure your coach isn't Pat Quinn :D

Nikkowar 11-07-2003 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I would have loved to have played Holy Ghost Prep.

My senior season (1993) we were the 2nd best high school team in the area.

I tried to join the Royals hockey team on my freshman year:(

IronMarshal 11-07-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

Yes Mr. John Bria is my coach along with Mr.Jim Gannon

I used to play with both of those guys. Gannon's brother Mike was phenomenal back in the day. We played on a team known as Lou's Tavern. We played inthe Old Grundy and Face Off Circle. I'll PM you with details.

Quellet The Dogs Out 11-07-2003 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMarshal
I used to play with both of those guys. Gannon's brother Mike was phenomenal back in the day. We played on a team known as Lou's Tavern. We played inthe Old Grundy and Face Off Circle. I'll PM you with details.

Haha, i'm guessing that TRICO classic beer league?

meadvilledog 11-11-2003 09:25 AM

wat area are you from?

If it's PA then what division are you in (A, AA, AAA)]

Superman33 11-11-2003 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meadvilledog
wat area are you from?

If it's PA then what division are you in (A, AA, AAA)]

both of us are in AA but holy ghost can easily play AAA and my team could play in AAA but it would be tuff for us.

MASK 11-11-2003 03:15 PM

Is there a kid named Mikey Andrushko (sp?) on any of the Holy Ghost hockey teams?

Quellet The Dogs Out 11-12-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARTY_PERSON
Is there a kid named Mikey Andrushko (sp?) on any of the Holy Ghost hockey teams?

Yeah Mike Andrusko is on the HGP Varsity team with me....

meadvilledog - We're Holy Ghost Prep, defending state AA runner ups to Peters Township. We're playing Meadville in a couple weeks at the Pittsburgh Central Catholic tournament, should be interesting.

meadvilledog 11-15-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out

meadvilledog - We're Holy Ghost Prep, defending state AA runner ups to Peters Township. We're playing Meadville in a couple weeks at the Pittsburgh Central Catholic tournament, should be interesting.

I'm not sure who won the AA title in 02-03

I can only hope the Dogs come out and play the way they can. They usually win the Central catholic tourney. But they have been up and down this year. Good and bad performances. I think their goalie is weak.

meadvilledog 11-26-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

How did your game against the dogs turn out. I know meadville won the tourney

Quellet The Dogs Out 11-26-2003 09:46 AM

Ehhh pretty embarrassing...we went 2-2, we played horrible the whole tournament. Beat Central Catholic 8-1, beat Fox Chapel 5-4, lost to your Meadville 7-1 (our goalie let in 3 really really soft goals... :eek:) and lost to Lancaster, NY 8-1. Lancaster tied Meadville...but meadville ended up moving on because they had more points and then Meadville beat Thomas Jefferson in the Semi's in overtime. I don't know how they did in the finals, but you said they won.

Nickerson is a pretty good player. I hear he has a full ride to Harvard next year...?

We're playing in the Directors Cup at Mellon Arena on December 26-29....we'll see Meadville, and I guarentee its a much better game. We played horrible all weekend.

Flyers dom NHL 11-27-2003 05:56 PM

Better team than holy ghost by far

Quote:

There is a far better high school team in the philly area. Malvern Prep would beat holy ghost by more than 5 goals. They are AAA and have won multiple flyers cups in past years.

Grant Dovey 11-27-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
There is a far better high school team in the philly area. Malvern Prep would beat holy ghost by more than 5 goals. They are AAA and have won multiple flyers cups in past years.

Malvern Prep is alright, but I am pretty sure Holy Ghost won the Flyers Cup last year am I right Quellet?

Grant

blah 11-27-2003 06:20 PM

How's the Cardinal Dougherty team lookin? I had a couple friends who played for them.

Quellet The Dogs Out 11-27-2003 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL

OK...that's why Jeff Nolan, the guy who broadcasts our games on the radio for the LBCSHL has picked us to upset you in his season previews. They are posted on LBCSHL.org - but here is what it says about us:

"Holy Ghost Preview
Head Coach: Brian Tibbels
Assistants: Jim Britt, Justin Cercone
Last Season 19-1-4 (1st place)

Call it the “Post Gunderson Era”, because the Holy Ghost Prep is ready to begin hockey without their most prolific scorer in team history.

Ryan Gunderson is gone and doing fine at the University of Vermont thank you very much, but don’t break out any crying towels for this years team.

Paul Worthington begins his senior year with an opportunity to pass Gunderson as the teams all time leading scorer. The question is, does head coach Brian Tibbels have a playmaker to set up the speedy forward.

“Paul will have to learn to play with Shawn Dorsey and Michael Jordan”, said Tibbels, “But he should be fine and the other guys will benefit from playing with him”.

Tibbels feels that Worthington is at the top of his game right now and incredibly fun to watch. NSN East agrees, for the first time in a while mind you, with Tibbels.

The coach is also high on his goaltending pairing of Andrew Golin and Anthony Risoldi who is just a sophomore. As great as Golin can be, Tibbels says he isn’t losing anything when they call on the younger Risoldi.

Defensively, the Firebirds are set. Remember when Joe D’Agostino, Jack Hillock and Buddy Lawall were the new guys? Not anymore. Now there expected to be leaders. And I’m still convinced that Lawall would walk through a door instead of opening it if he were allowed.

Trivia Question: Who lead his team in both hits on the ice and hits on the baseball diamond? (See answer below)

Jeff Smith is also a senior who has learned with the group and all of them will help keep an eye on sophomore John Ritchie.

Up front, coach Tibbels thinks that his lines, one through three, are closer in talent the ever before.

Josh Steaker had some clutch goals last season and will be paired with Kristian Valenti and Frank Seravalli… to form the second line. Steaker will also be part of the formula in replacing all the points the Firebirds lost when Gunderson graduated.

The third line will consist of three young, but very talented underclassman. Mike Andrusko, John Soroka and Lee Zukowski. Two freshmen and a sophomore. May sound like a TV pilot to some, but for Holy Ghost, it’s the future.

The Firebirds start the season with nine new players and a new assistant coach, Mike Cercone. Jim Britt teams up again with Tibbels as the two start season number seven together.

I know what you thinking. With all the talent that Holy Ghost has, how can you pick Neshaminy to win the league title? Just a hunch.

Based on that prediction, I do anticipate the icy glare that will greet me when I walk into the rink and cross paths with Duane Smith. And when I feel a tap on my shoulder, I know it will be Jim Britt saying “Jeffrey, do mind stepping over here….I have some things I would like to discuss with you….”

But never forget. Who was the first to predict you were going to win the Flyers Cup title last year, huh?

Decode the message below for this year’s prediction and get the answer to the trivia question.

Answer to trivia question: Buddy Lawall

Prediction: Sdriberif tespu Nrevlam Perp ot niw Sreylyf Puc AAA pihsoipmahc."

Superman33 11-27-2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

OK...that's why Jeff Nolan, the guy who broadcasts our games on the radio for the LBCSHL has picked us to upset you in his season previews. They are posted on LBCSHL.org - but here is what it says about us:

"Holy Ghost Preview
Head Coach: Brian Tibbels
Assistants: Jim Britt, Justin Cercone
Last Season 19-1-4 (1st place)

Call it the “Post Gunderson Era”, because the Holy Ghost Prep is ready to begin hockey without their most prolific scorer in team history.

Ryan Gunderson is gone and doing fine at the University of Vermont thank you very much, but don’t break out any crying towels for this years team.

Paul Worthington begins his senior year with an opportunity to pass Gunderson as the teams all time leading scorer. The question is, does head coach Brian Tibbels have a playmaker to set up the speedy forward.

“Paul will have to learn to play with Shawn Dorsey and Michael Jordan”, said Tibbels, “But he should be fine and the other guys will benefit from playing with him”.

Tibbels feels that Worthington is at the top of his game right now and incredibly fun to watch. NSN East agrees, for the first time in a while mind you, with Tibbels.

The coach is also high on his goaltending pairing of Andrew Golin and Anthony Risoldi who is just a sophomore. As great as Golin can be, Tibbels says he isn’t losing anything when they call on the younger Risoldi.

Defensively, the Firebirds are set. Remember when Joe D’Agostino, Jack Hillock and Buddy Lawall were the new guys? Not anymore. Now there expected to be leaders. And I’m still convinced that Lawall would walk through a door instead of opening it if he were allowed.

Trivia Question: Who lead his team in both hits on the ice and hits on the baseball diamond? (See answer below)

Jeff Smith is also a senior who has learned with the group and all of them will help keep an eye on sophomore John Ritchie.

Up front, coach Tibbels thinks that his lines, one through three, are closer in talent the ever before.

Josh Steaker had some clutch goals last season and will be paired with Kristian Valenti and Frank Seravalli… to form the second line. Steaker will also be part of the formula in replacing all the points the Firebirds lost when Gunderson graduated.

The third line will consist of three young, but very talented underclassman. Mike Andrusko, John Soroka and Lee Zukowski. Two freshmen and a sophomore. May sound like a TV pilot to some, but for Holy Ghost, it’s the future.

The Firebirds start the season with nine new players and a new assistant coach, Mike Cercone. Jim Britt teams up again with Tibbels as the two start season number seven together.

I know what you thinking. With all the talent that Holy Ghost has, how can you pick Neshaminy to win the league title? Just a hunch.

Based on that prediction, I do anticipate the icy glare that will greet me when I walk into the rink and cross paths with Duane Smith. And when I feel a tap on my shoulder, I know it will be Jim Britt saying “Jeffrey, do mind stepping over here….I have some things I would like to discuss with you….”

But never forget. Who was the first to predict you were going to win the Flyers Cup title last year, huh?

Decode the message below for this year’s prediction and get the answer to the trivia question.

Answer to trivia question: Buddy Lawall

Prediction: Sdriberif tespu Nrevlam Perp ot niw Sreylyf Puc AAA pihsoipmahc."

Good call Frank lol. Its nice that we are back on track now though with me getting my 4th shut out of the season against Father Judge on thanksgiving today. WATCH YOUR BACK!! Hahahaha

blah 11-27-2003 07:13 PM

What team do you play for?