HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   gonna try something here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=260784)

pld459666 06-19-2006 06:36 AM

gonna try something here

Since there are a few here who think that Michal Roszival is actually a good defenceman I figure I might as well propose something.

It's been reported that the Bruins are looking to get themselves an everyday player while also keeping a 1st rounder.

would you consider trading Roszival and our 1st rounder for the 5th overall selection?

jas 06-19-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666
Since there are a few here who think that Michal Roszival is actually a good defenceman I figure I might as well propose something.

It's been reported that the Bruins are looking to get themselves an everyday player while also keeping a 1st rounder.

would you consider trading Roszival and our 1st rounder for the 5th overall selection?

You do run the risk of total abuse, you know? Hmmm....let me see, Rozsival and the 20th/21st pick for the chance to draft Toews/Mueller/Staal...hmmm...gee...not sure...I couldn't sign up for that fast enough.

pld459666 06-19-2006 06:44 AM

well

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
You do run the risk of total abuse, you know? Hmmm....let me see, Rozsival and the 20th/21st pick for the chance to draft Toews/Mueller/Staal...hmmm...gee...not sure...I couldn't sign up for that fast enough.

considering that he was defended here yesterday I'm not sure you won't see a few no's selected

And I chose yes simply because I do not think that last season is any indication of Rozy's actual talent as I firmly believe that what True Blue had posted in another thread hold alot of truth,.

eco's bones 06-19-2006 06:57 AM

Afterwards we would need to commit the new Bruin GM to the closest insane asylum.

shoothepuck 06-19-2006 07:22 AM

To bad this is a fantasy poll.

DarthSather99 06-19-2006 08:32 AM

not sure if the question is would we do it (of course) or would it be possible (of course not).

Fletch 06-19-2006 09:09 AM

Wow PLD...

never expected a poll from you - but since it is you, I'll answer.

I'd do that move in a heartbeat. I don't know if whoever gets the fifth pick would do it (or, I should say, I doubt they would), but in a heartbeat. I think realistically, though, it's Rachunek that may get package, either for another #1 pick, or a top 15 pick.

B.D. Gallof 06-19-2006 09:16 AM

Interesting poll...I also vote yes. The draft ain't like last year, but the top 7 are worth getting onboard with...a 5 spot also nails you in front of your NY rivals. ;) It would be a good move, but only of Boston actually thought Roszival is a top 4 dman. My thought...they won't and wouldn't..but the conjecture is interesting, nonetheless.

pld459666 06-19-2006 09:17 AM

well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
never expected a poll from you - but since it is you, I'll answer.

I'd do that move in a heartbeat. I don't know if whoever gets the fifth pick would do it (or, I should say, I doubt they would), but in a heartbeat. I think realistically, though, it's Rachunek that may get package, either for another #1 pick, or a top 15 pick.

After seeing some posts regarding Roszival yesterday and then reading that Boston is publically shopping the 5th overall selection it got me thinking "do fans from other teams think as highly as Rosy as some Rangers posters do?"

And I thought one way to find that out was to post the same poll on both the Rangers and Bruins boards and match the results

It seems like most posters here would do that deal where as most posters, nay I say all posters on the Bruins board would not do that deal.

My opinion is that I would do that deal and hope I didn't get arrested for grand theft.

Bluenote13 06-19-2006 09:32 AM

Theres no way that deal would ever be made, not even by Milbury. Think about how many teams could top Roszival and a #21 pick.

Anthony Mauro 06-19-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Theres no way that deal would ever be made, not even by Milbury. Think about how many teams could top Roszival and a #21 pick.

Even then, I'd willingly include Immonen. To me, Roszival doesn't hold that much value. I'm not sure, maybe his brain cramps and stupid penalties just make me think he's as valuable as a UFA in a trade.

Bluenote13 06-19-2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Even then, I'd willingly include Immonen. To me, Roszival doesn't hold that much value. I'm not sure, maybe his brain cramps and stupid penalties just make me think he's as valuable as a UFA in a trade.

But would you trade Tyutin and Immonen for a top 3 pick this year?

Anthony Mauro 06-19-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

But would you trade Tyutin and Immonen for a top 3 pick this year?

By top three, do you mean just 2nd or 3rd overall?

Not sure if that's what you mean, but I'd trade Tyutin and Immonen to be able to draft EJ in a heartbeat.

I mean, you don't want to get caught up in the draft hype but I really like EJ, Toews, and Backstrom enough to think about putting together a big deal.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 06-19-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666

In a heartbeat.

Bluenote13 06-19-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

By top three, do you mean just 2nd or 3rd overall?

Not sure if that's what you mean, but I'd trade Tyutin and Immonen to be able to draft EJ in a heartbeat.

I mean, you don't want to get caught up in the draft hype but I really like EJ, Toews, and Backstrom enough to think about putting together a big deal.

Ok, getting #1 overall would be alot but I think the Rangers have a possible combo that the Blues organization could favor, being that the players are known to their brass.

STL get - #21 overall, Tyutin, Immonen
NYR get - #1 & #31 picks in '06

would you do it?

Entrancemperium 06-19-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Ok, getting #1 overall would be alot but I think the Rangers have a possible combo that the Blues organization could favor, being that the players are known to their brass.

STL get - #24 overall, Tyutin, Immonen

would you do it?

I like Tyutin but hell yes! I'd do it!

Anthony Mauro 06-19-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

STL get - #24 overall, Tyutin, Immonen

would you do it?

Yes, maybe its just me but I do it. EJ's is undeniably an upgrade over Tyutin and for that you pay it through Immonen. IMO whether its 21 or 31, there's not that big of a difference Michael Grabner or Claude Giroux/Ivan Vishnevsky or Mike Weber...certainly not enough to break the deal.

Now the question is do you value EJ much higher than Toews or does the onetime Shattuck center rival EJ on your draft board? IMO no matter how much we need a center, if we ever traded for the first overall it should be used on EJ.

Bluenote13 06-19-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Yes, maybe its just me but I do it. EJ's is undeniably an upgrade over Tyutin and for that you pay it through Immonen. IMO whether its 21 or 31, there's not that big of a difference Michael Grabner or Claude Giroux/Ivan Vishnevsky or Mike Weber...certainly not enough to break the deal.

Now the question is do you value EJ much higher than Toews or does the onetime Shattuck center rival EJ on your draft board? IMO no matter how much we need a center, if we ever traded for the first overall it should be used on EJ.

Its up to Sather and if he had the #1 or 2 i'd think he'd take Staal. Seems crazy but if a draft day deal happens with STL don't be surprised if Staal goes #1 to the team that covets him.

I like Toews alot, but i'm not sure he's the #1 Center i'd take, in fact he may be #3 on my list behind Staal & Backstrom with Mueller coming awfully close to being #3b.

g52* 06-19-2006 11:58 AM

I dont like Rozival and I think he sucks, but trading him for a few draft picks that will most likely fizzle out in a few years isnt the greatest option.

in the hall 06-19-2006 12:07 PM

I would trade Rozival for the last pick in the draft. IMO he's way overrated by his stats and the other options we already have would be an upgrade on this team.

Bluenote13 06-19-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g52
I dont like Rozival and I think he sucks, but trading him for a few draft picks that will most likely fizzle out in a few years isnt the greatest option.

Yikes, sounds like you have Brendlitis ;)

ATLANTARANGER* 06-19-2006 08:44 PM

I voted yes and I would even agree to not to resign

Poti too!

mhurley 06-19-2006 10:16 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The New Originals 06-19-2006 11:08 PM

who in their right mind wouldn't do this trade?

Son of Steinbrenner 06-20-2006 01:04 AM

How can you not make this trade. I like Rozsival but i doubt this is enough to get the 5th overall pick in the draft? This isn't a matter of Rozsvial being a good defenseman (His play has shown that) it's a matter of value. The Bruins can easily sign an "everyday" player a week from Saturday and still have the 5th overall pick.

The people that complain about the Rozsival contract need to look up salaries for defenseman.

This is the Jort of polls....

Whats next PLD a Hossa vs Jagr who's better poll?