HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any word on Isbister? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26082)

s7ark 11-06-2003 06:45 PM

Any word on Isbister?

Any word on Isbister yet? I really hope he isn't hurt, he is starting to play really well....

Mr Sakich 11-06-2003 07:18 PM

from what I saw, he was one of the better oilers tonight. Jeez it is nice to have a big guy dominating instead of having it done to us.

Spearing47 11-06-2003 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
from what I saw, he was one of the better oilers tonight. Jeez it is nice to have a big guy dominating instead of having it done to us.

Izzy only has neck spasms....no concussions and he's not gonna miss any games or practices....

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Izzy only has neck spasms....no concussions and he's not gonna miss any games or practices....

Is that from your source? TSN said he would be re-evaluated on Friday

Spearing47 11-06-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Is that from your source? TSN said he would be re-evaluated on Friday

yup...30 mins after the game

Digger12 11-06-2003 08:56 PM

Quote:

yup...30 mins after the game

Dude, you're like found money...thanks for the heads up. ;)

Hemsky01 11-06-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
Dude, you're like found money...thanks for the heads up. ;)

Now we just need to find someone with connections to Comrie. That would be a Goldmine. :yo:

Love the Info Goon!!

Spearing47 11-06-2003 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky01
Now we just need to find someone with connections to Comrie. That would be a Goldmine. :yo:

Love the Info Goon!!

I'd like to but the guys are pretty quiet on this situation..!!!

oildrop 11-06-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

I bet you must know something about the Comrie situation that we don't. Just give us some hints or something, anything!! ;)

Cerebral 11-06-2003 09:17 PM

Quote:

Wow, you truly just made my night! I've become a big time Izzy fan and I am really hoping he finds success in Edmonton.. he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I know he really wants to start producing! He's been playing great of late and I was really worried he suffered a concusion after that huge hit! :( Hopefully he can keep this mini-point streak up against Toronto on Saturday!

Narnia 11-06-2003 09:24 PM

I think I'll wait until tomorrow. On "The Score's" highlights, it looked like a concussion and they mentioned that Isbister was dizzy.

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
Wow, you truly just made my night! I've become a big time Izzy fan and I am really hoping he finds success in Edmonton.. he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I know he really wants to start producing! He's been playing great of late and I was really worried he suffered a concusion after that huge hit! :( Hopefully he can keep this mini-point streak up against Toronto on Saturday!

This is the second minor injury/bad luck thing he had this year(+benching and 4th line minutes) if he can keep his point streak alive after that I think it says a ton about his character and makes him a keeper in my eyes but I still want a larger role for him that the 4th line.
Torres seems to be playing just to well to give up his second line spot 7pts in 12 games with about 9minutes of ice-time a night is very good.

Cerebral 11-06-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Torres seems to be playing just to well to give up his second line spot 7pts in 12 games with about 9minutes of ice-time a night is very good.

While Torres looked out of place IMO on the top line, he seems to have fit in fairly well with York and Dvorak on the second line. I still think that Isbister can play very well on the top line! While I do think we need a true centerman to play between Smyth and Hemsky, I feel Isbister/Smyth/Hemsky is a lot more productive than swapping in Horcoff for Izzy..

Walsher 11-06-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
While Torres looked out of place IMO on the top line, he seems to have fit in fairly well with York and Dvorak on the second line. I still think that Isbister can play very well on the top line! While I do think we need a true centerman to play between Smyth and Hemsky, I feel Isbister/Smyth/Hemsky is a lot more productive than swapping in Horcoff for Izzy..

I officially consider York, Dvorak, Torres the #1 line. They are effective, consistent, and extremely talented. I feel York is the best Oiler all around and Dvorak is running a close second these days. Great chemistry great to see.

jadeddog 11-06-2003 10:27 PM

yeah our 2nd line has been our 1st line lately, and i think that may conitue to happen until we can either get a #1 C or they at least keep somebody up on the 1st line.... though nobody has really seemed like they want to stay there.... who knows, horcoff might turn it around yet

FacelessButcher 11-06-2003 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
yeah our 2nd line has been our 1st line lately, and i think that may conitue to happen until we can either get a #1 C or they at least keep somebody up on the 1st line.... though nobody has really seemed like they want to stay there.... who knows, horcoff might turn it around yet

Horcoff will definetly turn it around just not as a 1st line center

windowlicker 11-07-2003 02:00 AM

Quote:

hahah.. no matter what personal opinion any current Oiler has on the Comrie situation..... theyre all good union boys, they know exactly what to say and what to leave unsaid. I can guarantee you nothing will get back through any channels to a medium such as this.

Theyre all proffesionals and know how to handle themselves in almost every PR or team situation. So we wont hear anything aside from the papers having Smyth say how hard it must be, or Georges saying how hes missed in the locker room and how tough it must be on him. Or Big Mikes Halloween party attendance.
In fact, I almost prefer such a situation versus one with various leaks and second hand gossip.

Spearing47 11-07-2003 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windowlicker
hahah.. no matter what personal opinion any current Oiler has on the Comrie situation..... theyre all good union boys, they know exactly what to say and what to leave unsaid. I can guarantee you nothing will get back through any channels to a medium such as this.

Theyre all proffesionals and know how to handle themselves in almost every PR or team situation. So we wont hear anything aside from the papers having Smyth say how hard it must be, or Georges saying how hes missed in the locker room and how tough it must be on him. Or Big Mikes Halloween party attendance.
In fact, I almost prefer such a situation versus one with various leaks and second hand gossip.

You're right. The Oilers have a really good team spirit and on the long run it will make a big difference I think!