HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theodore and his # (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26083)

Mack 11-06-2003 06:48 PM

Theodore and his #

i saw on nhl cool shots they asked him why his number is 60 and he said when he was younger and going to montreal training camp he had number 33 but they already had a golaie with number 33, lol yea theo they did :) he was given that number he said by the montreal orginization

FerrisRox 11-06-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
i saw on nhl cool shots they asked him why his number is 60 and he said when he was younger and going to montreal training camp he had number 33 but they already had a golaie with number 33, lol yea theo they did :) he was given that number he said by the montreal orginization

Strange.

I also saw him on CoolShots talking about his sweater number, but he said they gave him #37, which he wore in his debut versus Hartford.

Later on when he was called up again he said someone else had it, (Patrick Poulin) and he had planned to wear #20 as a tribute to Slava Tretiak (who's camp he attended) but Belfour, when traded to the Sharks, stole his thunder.

The Montreal trainer suggested #60 cause no other goaltender had worn it and it was totally different and Theodore embraced the idea.

I have no clue what interview you are talking about. In the one I saw he never mentioned #33 at all.

Mack 11-06-2003 07:32 PM

yea it was cool shots. all he said was he had number 33 in juniors and when he was in training camp there was already a goalie with number 33. so they gave him 60 so he just kept it.

Tricolore#20 11-06-2003 07:57 PM

I saw this clip, and I was surprised at it too. Jose has worn different numbers while with the Canadiens, I am sure of this. 60 certainly wasn't the first number he was given.

My theory is perhaps he got 37 in his very first season (95-96). When he came back the following season, maybe they gave him a new number at camp, because he wasn't a regular the previous season. I wonder what number he wore the night Brisebois scored against the Devils in OT...

Bud The Spud* 11-06-2003 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox
Strange.

I also saw him on CoolShots talking about his sweater number, but he said they gave him #37, which he wore in his debut versus Hartford.

Later on when he was called up again he said someone else had it, (Patrick Poulin) and he had planned to wear #20 as a tribute to Slava Tretiak (who's camp he attended) but Belfour, when traded to the Sharks, stole his thunder.

The Montreal trainer suggested #60 cause no other goaltender had worn it and it was totally different and Theodore embraced the idea.

I have no clue what interview you are talking about. In the one I saw he never mentioned #33 at all.

I saw the clip of everything you mention here plus I did hear #33 mentioned.

gunnerdom 11-07-2003 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox
Strange.

I saw it too... last night.

Fish on The Sand 11-07-2003 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I saw this clip, and I was surprised at it too. Jose has worn different numbers while with the Canadiens, I am sure of this. 60 certainly wasn't the first number he was given.

My theory is perhaps he got 37 in his very first season (95-96). When he came back the following season, maybe they gave him a new number at camp, because he wasn't a regular the previous season. I wonder what number he wore the night Brisebois scored against the Devils in OT...

I know for a fact he wore 60. That was a night I'll never forget. I was calling for T-Bo's benching all series, and then Theo went in there and absolutly stole the show.