HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Congrats Hurricanes.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=260998)

HabsoluteFate 06-19-2006 09:53 PM

Congrats Hurricanes....

Well that's usually the first thing that comes to my mind but not this year...

I guess F-U Carolina would be much more appropriate...but is it their fault that they (must have) kissed the refs butts in the 1st round? I mean how else do you explain the most one sided referring i have EVER seen...and no i'm not disgrutled...when Tampay Bay swept Montreal 2 years ago I was pissed but Montreal was only to blame...Tampa was the better team.
Was it their fault that after pretty much taking Koivu's eye that the Carolina player was not penalised on an "accidental" play? No...was it their fault that the following game this same player had another "accidental" high stick on Markov? Hell no...wait what's that...2 accidental high sticks by the same player in 2 games...with no penalties must be coincidence...(and that doesnt even describe a tenth of the screw ups the refs did for/against that impacted Montreal negatively
And then in the 3rd round....4 of Bufallo's top 6 defencemen were injured....in the 4th around...what's that...they are at it again and run the goaltender?

No its not their fault...but you gotta admit I have never seen a Stanley Cup "given" like this before...and if that is the NHL's idea of improving the play then I guess they have succeeded.

Congrats Hurricanes

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate

I guess F-U Carolina would be much more appropriate...but is it their fault that they (must have) kissed the refs butts in the 1st round? I mean how else do you explain the most one sided referring i have EVER seen...and no i'm not disgrutled...when Tampay Bay swept Montreal 2 years ago I was pissed but Montreal was only to blame...Tampa was the better team.
Was it their fault that after pretty much taking Koivu's eye that the Carolina player was not penalised on an "accidental" play? No...was it their fault that the following game this same player had another "accidental" high stick on Markov? Hell no...wait what's that...2 accidental high sticks by the same player in 2 games...must be coincidence...
And then in the 3rd round....4 of Bufallo's top 6 defencemen were injured....in the 4th around...what's that...they are at it again and run the goaltender?

No its not their fault...but you gotta admit I have never seen a Stanley Cup "given" like this before...and if that is the NHL's idea of improving the play then I guess they have succeeded.

Congrats Hurricanes

Who's that idiot on CBC who won't shut up?

Habsaku 06-19-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Was it their fault that after pretty much taking Koivu's eye that the Carolina player was not penalised on an "accidental" play? No...was it their fault that the following game this same player had another "accidental" high stick on Markov? Hell no...wait what's that...2 accidental high sticks by the same player in 2 games...with no penalties must be coincidence...(and that doesnt even describe a tenth of the screw ups the refs did for/against that impacted Montreal negatively

Congrats Hurricanes

What a load of Bull. The Canes deserved every win they got.

HabsoluteFate 06-19-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku

Then obviously Koivu wasn't the only one that got high sticked in that game and temporarily blinded

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Habsaku 06-19-2006 10:00 PM

Injuries are a part of the game, they had that trojan horse Gerber also for the first 2 games didnt they? Tireless hard work and talent payed off, nothing wrong with admitting it.

Alouette_19 06-19-2006 10:00 PM

The Best team have won in this final.........

The good news is the Habs lost against the two last winner of the cup.......

NEXT YEAR IT'S OUR TURN

SPARTAKUS* 06-19-2006 10:01 PM

CAROLINA HURRICANES STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! THE BEST TEAM WON PERIOD. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MacHabs93 06-19-2006 10:05 PM

[IMAGE]http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15912[/IMAGE]

HabsoluteFate 06-19-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Injuries are a part of the game, they had that trojan horse Gerber also for the first 2 games didnt they? Tireless hard work and talent payed off, nothing wrong with admitting it.

Injuries are part of the game...the kind of one sided referring you saw in the 1st round is unexcusable and if something good can come out of this then perhaps stiffer penalties on High Sticks wether they result in an injury or not...I've played hockey and somehow I've never had "brain cramps" that resulted in high sticking someone by "accident"...you usually see the same guys do the high sticking. Hell I'd make the penalties stiff enough that on first few infractions you only get a 2 minute penalty....10th infraction (within the same season) get a 1 game suspension, 11th infraction 5 games, 12th infraction 10 games, 13th infraction your out the rest of the regular season & playoffs.
10 high sticks in a season should be enough for most "accidentals" and if you get more than that then you apparently need time off to cool for one or more games

Habsaku 06-19-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Injuries are part of the game...the kind of one sided referring you saw in the 1st round is unexcusable and if something good can come out of this then perhaps stiffer penalties on High Sticks wether they result in an injury or not...I've played hockey and somehow I've never had "brain cramps" that resulted in high sticking someone by "accident"...you usually see the same guys do the high sticking. Hell I'd make the penalties stiff enough that on first few infractions you only get a 2 minute penalty....10th infraction (within the same season) get a 1 game suspension, 11th infraction 5 games, 12th infraction 10 games, 13th infraction your out the rest of the regular season & playoffs.
10 high sticks in a season should be enough for most "accidentals" and if you get more than that then you apparently need time off to cool for one or more games

:biglaugh: what a load of bull part II. Keep believing that.

znk 06-19-2006 10:14 PM

I thought we had class. What sore losers some of you are.

Habs13 06-19-2006 10:15 PM

A team that has to resort to cheap tricks and tactics in order to win does not deseve to win a cup.

HabsoluteFate 06-19-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

:biglaugh: what a load of bull part II. Keep believing that.

I'm glad I could amuse you...you keep thinking its bull and look the other way...I see you call someone not a Hockey fan in another thread but yet I question your knowledge about this sport if you honestly did not see what most of us saw in the 1st round.
You know what I give Crapolina credit for? Beating the Devils
They got lucky breaks against Buffalo and actually had a hard time even beating them...and then against Edmonton it took them taking out (by accident I must admit) their top goaltender...
Carolina was CONSTANTLY running our goaltender and not get penalised...or did you somehow miss that as well? I know Bob Gainey didnt miss it because the game after he criticised the refs for that they started to call penalties on Carolina

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Habsaku 06-19-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

I'm glad I could amuse you...you keep thinking its bull and look the other way...I see you call someone not a Hockey fan in another thread but yet I question your knowledge about this sport if you honestly did not see what most of us saw in the 1st round.
You know what I give Crapolina credit for? Beating the Devils
They got lucky breaks against Buffalo and actually had a hard time even beating them...and then against Edmonton it took them taking out (by accident I must admit) their top goaltender...
Carolina was CONSTANTLY running our goaltender and not get penalised...or did you somehow miss that as well? I know Bob Gainey didnt miss it because the game after he criticised the refs for that they started to call penalties on Carolina

So you're actually taking away credit from guys like Staal, Ward, BrindAmour, Cullen and pretty much every one of their players that played like they actually wanted it. What we're the lucky breaks against Buffalo and should they have massacred them? I thought the finals was being played with buffalo and Carolina, I was actually surprised to see Edmonton actually win a single game as they we're outplayed pretty much every game this post-season.
You say Carolina was running our goaltender, guess what, thats how you win the cup. Remember Claude Lemieux? I cant even begin to imagine how much you'd hate him we're he on the Hurricanes. They played very well, they forechecked and drove to the net, they definetly deserved the cup. You cant be lucky for four rounds.

Kerberos* 06-19-2006 10:20 PM

Weis 06-19-2006 10:27 PM

I was also hoping carolina would lose... not only because of their luck (injury) but because they keep whining on the ice. They keep looking at the ref and asking for penalty.. I hate this!

Bud The Spud* 06-19-2006 10:28 PM

Again, pointless to keep something like this going on.