HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Where has S.O.T.I been (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=261266)

funky 06-20-2006 10:44 AM

Where has S.O.T.I been

I always enjoyed his rumors and have not seen him on here lately. Just thought with the draft coming up and free agency around the corner he may share some of the rumors he's heard.

Bluenote13 06-20-2006 10:47 AM

He's somewhere on the inside ;)

I think he'll showup if in fact something is going down, no worries.

rw88 06-20-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
He's somewhere on the inside ;)

I think he'll showup if in fact something is going down, no worries.

I'm here..I just don't like to post very often. I was planning on giving some news as soon as it's confirmed, but we do hear about a two draft day deals that might happen. I can tell you that the Rangers tried to get Malkin, but I'm not sure how far those talks went. I'll be at the draft and will probable post from there.

in the hall 06-20-2006 11:08 AM

is Pitt shopping Malkin?

thanks for the post, I agree its always great to get stuff like this from you and Park (where's he been?) and edge on occassion.

rw88 06-20-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
is Pitt shopping Malkin?

thanks for the post, I agree its always great to get stuff like this from you and Park (where's he been?) and edge on occassion.

I don't think they shopped him, (I think they signed him this week), but I think they were willing to deal him if they couldn't.

JR#9* 06-20-2006 11:49 AM

what do you think the chances are of us moving up this weekend and who may they be targeting from what your hearing and who may be shipped out in potential deals?

Thanks as always SOTI and stop in more often, especially with July 1st right around the corner.

BDubinskyNYR17* 06-20-2006 12:10 PM

Maybe we can sticky this thread? Hey S.O.T.I is Rachunek coming back to the Rangers, and will they go after a richards, lecalivler, Weiss (always rumored to be available)?? and anything on Rangers resigning Straka and their rfa and ufa and college kids like Nate Guenin, Joey Crabb, Corey Potter?

Bluenote13 06-20-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Maybe we can sticky this thread? Hey S.O.T.I is Rachunek coming back to the Rangers, and will they go after a richards, lecalivler, Weiss (always rumored to be available)?? and anything on Rangers resigning Straka and their rfa and ufa and college kids like Nate Guenin, Joey Crabb, Corey Potter?

:pb:

You deserve to sit in the box for two minutes. The guy is nice enough to come around when he's got some info, let him do his thing, he obviously will post when he knows.

rw88 06-20-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Please don't sticky this. Sorry, I don't have that kind of access.

Larry Melnyk 06-20-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
Please don't sticky this. Sorry, I don't have that kind of access.

SOTI - Cool...ust let us know what you can...Having the feeling that, given the draft spot, Sather might use this year's #1 in a trade for a player....And I'm all for it...

romba 06-20-2006 02:32 PM

No need to hound him guys. He's trying to lay low which will allow him to give us info every so often so cut him some slack.

Levitate 06-20-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
SOTI - Cool...ust let us know what you can...Having the feeling that, given the draft spot, Sather might use this year's #1 in a trade for a player....And I'm all for it...

as long as it's the right player, it could work out just fine.

Staal Me Up 06-20-2006 03:53 PM

Ill bet you the Rangers trade up and get Jordan Staal..

xander 06-20-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithp
Ill bet you the Rangers trade up and get Jordan Staal..

and who are they going to give up to move 15 to 19 spots up in draft?

Levitate 06-20-2006 04:05 PM

yeah, it'd cost wayyyy too much to trade up and get Staal. The Rangers could trade up a couple of spots like they have in the past, but not into the top 10

n8 06-20-2006 04:21 PM

did anyone read the rumor of carolina trading jack johnson to pittsburgh for their pick so they could get jordan to play with eric? can't say i'd be too happy about that.

Edge 06-20-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander
and who are they going to give up to move 15 to 19 spots up in draft?

Personally I don't think it's a matter of assets so much as if the Rangers are willing to pay the price.

xander 06-20-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Personally I don't think it's a matter of assets so much as if the Rangers are willing to pay the price.

well they have the assets, but if they're moving montoya, immonen, the 21st and they're second then I think I'd rather not have Jordan Staal. I don't see they're being an acceptable price for moving up that high.

Bluenote13 06-20-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge

I can't see our team trading that high up unless they're going for Staal.

romba 06-20-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8
did anyone read the rumor of carolina trading jack johnson to pittsburgh for their pick so they could get jordan to play with eric? can't say i'd be too happy about that.

I would not do that if I were Carolina. Not even close for me.

rw88 06-20-2006 04:48 PM

I never said the deals being dicussed were to move in the draft?

Larry Melnyk 06-20-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
I never said the deals being dicussed were to move in the draft?

Cool..I expect Sather to be active on the trade front this off season to get some N-S players..And wouldn't be surprised to see some youngsters and prospects moved either..If you have the time, ANy rumbling about the #1 being moved for something more immediate?

Edge 06-20-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I can't see our team trading that high up unless they're going for Staal.

There are a few players they'd go for.

Staal isn't alone on their list.

Staal Me Up 06-20-2006 06:11 PM

Who is Jordan Staal being compared to? Poor mans Joe Thorton?

Anthony Mauro 06-20-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithp
Who is Jordan Staal being compared to? Poor mans Joe Thorton?

I say Rick Nash.