HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Now, I don't want to cause mass panic in Hab-land... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=261292)

arrbez 06-20-2006 11:52 AM

Now, I don't want to cause mass panic in Hab-land...

but look what someone on the Leafs board found:

MONTREAL GAZETTE: Pat Hickey reports Kirk Muller was recently seen dining with Canadiens GM Bob Gainey and head coach Guy Carbonneau, fuelling speculation he could become part of the coaching staff, which could be formally announced by the draft weekend. Hickey also noted Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Tie Domi was recently seen dining with Habs blueliner Sheldon Souray. Domi is rumoured to be on the verge of having his contract bought out by the Leafs and Hickey claims Domi is a character player Gainey and Carbonneau covet.

Enjoy ;).

Louis Houde 06-20-2006 11:54 AM

no way

Habs 4 Life 06-20-2006 11:56 AM

Yup I saw it this mourning on Spector.

Hello NHL GM, you do not need a tough guy anymore,they are a waste of roster spot

Brett38 06-20-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierredagenais
no way

Yup!!

Russeltown 06-20-2006 11:58 AM

The martians have landed :teach:

habfan4 06-20-2006 11:58 AM

Souray being spotted dining with Domi somehow translates into Gainey and Carbonneau coveting Domi as a "character guy" :dunno: Or are they completely unrelated and Hickey just wants to talk about Sheldon's choice of dinner partner.

Russeltown 06-20-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4
Souray being spotted dining with Domi somehow translates into Gainey and Carbonneau coveting Domi as a "character guy" :dunno: Or are they completely unrelated and Hickey just wants to talk about Sheldon's choice of dinner partner.

At least, Sheldon doesn't go to dinner with Nicole Richie :shakehead

Shabutie 06-20-2006 12:09 PM

Well Domi is a better version of Langdon. I wouldn't mind it all too much, if we didn't already have Begin, Murray, Downie, Lapiere, Ferland who could all fill 4th line duties.

Tuggy 06-20-2006 12:10 PM

No room on our team for a player of his "skills".

Shabutie 06-20-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sYn
At least, Sheldon doesn't go to dinner with Nicole Richie :shakehead

Nicole Richie doesn't have dinner. So Sheldon found the next best thing, the Tie-ster.

Tuggy 06-20-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
Nicole Richie doesn't have dinner.

ZING!

Shabutie 06-20-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
No room on our team for a player of his "skills".

He has put up decent numbers in the past...He's a gazillion times better than Downey, without a doubt. Thing is that we have too many 4th line players already.

Traitor8 06-20-2006 12:12 PM

Wouldn't mind Domi if the price is right...
He could protect our best players
Begin-Domi ....that's pretty good for a 4th line!

DerekT 06-20-2006 12:14 PM

Yeah, no thanks.

Tuggy 06-20-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
He has put up decent numbers in the past...He's a gazillion times better than Downey, without a doubt. Thing is that we have too many 4th line players already.

Key word: past. IMO he is fading quite fast. I think it's a moot point anyway because I really don't see any room for him on the team.

4th line guys: Begin, Murray, Bonk, Downey, Ferland, maybe Lapierre. No room for Domi.

Shabutie 06-20-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Key word: past. IMO he is fading quite fast. I think it's a moot point anyway because I really don't see any room for him on the team.

4th line guys: Begin, Murray, Bonk, Downey, Ferland, maybe Lapierre. No room for Domi.

He's not the fighter that he used to be, but he still can put up the points he used to. As I said though, we already have too many fourth liners. However Domi would have been a far better option than Downey.

GoHabsGO252006 06-20-2006 12:20 PM

We can't waste even 500K on guys like Laraque and Domi, we already have Downey to fill that role, whether he is better or not is moot, he's already signed and that's that.

Talent Analyst 06-20-2006 12:34 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO ... but .. he could be a good punching bag :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Fozz 06-20-2006 12:40 PM

Domi was a decent 4th line energy guy but he's slowed down considerably since the lock out and wasn't anywhere near anything worthwhile last year. PASS!

What's this sudden interest in useless goons anyways?

HH 06-20-2006 12:42 PM

Omg if that happens I'll puke to death!

oli500 06-20-2006 12:49 PM

Maybe theire were dining togheter to discus theire roles in a up and coming movie. :dunno:

Darz 06-20-2006 12:49 PM

Domi as a hab seems waaaaaaaaaaay too weird to me. I would imagine Gainey might of been interested in a 3 years ago version of Domi, if we were still playing in the 'old' NHL, but I can't imagine why he would want to bring him in now.

Dan K 06-20-2006 12:49 PM

It doesn't seem like anything much. Souray dining with Domi just means they're friends. Them eating together in no way means we want or are considering acquiring Tie.

Sounds just like Hickey reaching/speculating.

And I'd pass thanks. Tie is too Toronto, and besides, as stated many times, we have plenty of fourth liners already.

habfan4 06-20-2006 12:54 PM

I think the untold reason behind this story is that Pat Hickey and Al Strachan sat down, had a couple of wine coolers and cooked up this nonsense to add a little length to their respective columns.

Rather Gingerly 1* 06-20-2006 12:57 PM

I would basically stay away from all older players. Since the rule changes they are haven't a hard time. The extra step means even more now