HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Is today the day? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26146)

Yanner39 11-07-2003 02:57 AM

Is today the day?

The Oilers move on to Toronto. It woulod seem logical that a deal would be made and any excess players would be left in TO. For example, if the get a centre in a Comrie deal, sarno could stay behind in TO. Anyways, I'll be happy to see this things resolved but as long as the Oilers are winning, I can wait a little longer. :)

Mr Sakich 11-07-2003 03:14 AM

didn't the beat writer from Pheonix say the deal would be done today (on the John SHort show)? Anyways, Phnx just lost last year's leading scorer (Johnson) for 4-6 weeks so they have more impetus to make a deal today than they did yesterday.

FacelessButcher 11-07-2003 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
didn't the beat writer from Pheonix say the deal would be done today (on the John SHort show)? Anyways, Phnx just lost last year's leading scorer (Johnson) for 4-6 weeks so they have more impetus to make a deal today than they did yesterday.

Don't forget (0-6-3) in their last 9, they need some sort of change either in coaching or players.

ZIM 11-07-2003 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
The Oilers move on to Toronto. It woulod seem logical that a deal would be made and any excess players would be left in TO. For example, if the get a centre in a Comrie deal, sarno could stay behind in TO. Anyways, I'll be happy to see this things resolved but as long as the Oilers are winning, I can wait a little longer. :)

With Lowe out of town (last seen talking to Atlanta) and not talking to Comrie I don't see anything happening soon. Lowe might arrange a trade but that doesn't guarantee Comrie automatically signs. My guess is there are still items to be negotiated.

Sarno seems to be playing well, why leave him in TO? Maybe they can thrown in Horcoff in whatever deal is made? For that matter, why wait for a Comrie deal to unload Horcoff?

Oiltalk 11-07-2003 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich

Everyone is getting injured in my hockey pool :shakehead

FacelessButcher 11-07-2003 06:49 AM

Mike Johnson injury*update*-http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...me=nhl-coyotes

29 goals in 12 games for Phoenix,lossing him should hurt them if he decides to have the surgery, still not sure if they would go for Comrie but increased motive for it.

copperaddict 11-07-2003 07:07 AM

If I had the chance to ask MacT one question about anything It would have to be "What the heck he see's in Horcoff"? He's one of the 2 guys that I don't believe deserves to be in Oiler Silks. Fergie is the other one,but I would deal Horcoff for future consideration. I was hoping that Lowe would have taken advantage of Horcoff's play at the World Championships last spring.

Cowboy 11-07-2003 07:08 AM

I have a feeling something is going to happen...soon. All the other notable Restricted FA's are signed and playing, other teams have encountered major injuries and KLO has options. Something will happen soon I think. I just picked him up in my pool. ;)

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 11-07-2003 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copperaddict
If I had the chance to ask MacT one question about anything It would have to be "What the heck he see's in Horcoff"? He's one of the 2 guys that I don't believe deserves to be in Oiler Silks. Fergie is the other one,but I would deal Horcoff for future consideration. I was hoping that Lowe would have taken advantage of Horcoff's play at the World Championships last spring.

LMHF#1 is that you? :laugh:

thome_26 11-07-2003 08:08 AM

Well, like I said - it would be best to trade while they're on this road trip - but it is graduallly getting closer and closer to being over. I would really like to see something done. THe more and more we watch, I think we could move Comrie and Horcoff and get a decent package in return.

Master Lok 11-07-2003 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy
I have a feeling something is going to happen...soon. All the other notable Restricted FA's are signed and playing, other teams have encountered major injuries and KLO has options. Something will happen soon I think. I just picked him up in my pool. ;)

me too! Jeff Hackett wasn't playing recently (damn Esche!) so I dropped him for Comrie....

tommyb 11-07-2003 06:57 PM

I expect something to happen before nov.22 ,either signing comrie or trading him . Lowe will want to showcase comrie or new players in the big game.

momentai 11-07-2003 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copperaddict

Come on now. Just because a guy is slumping, then he deserves to be kicked off Oiler island? Better shove Hemsky, Brewer, Smyth, and Chimera off as well then.

And Ferguson is a fine #6/#7 dman. He isn't gifted enough to do anything special so all you can ask of him is to get it off the glass and out of the zone. Granted, he is WEAK along the boards... but saying he doesn't deserve to be in Oilers silks is pushing that to the extremes to say the least.