HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I'm going! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26166)

Shoalzie 11-07-2003 05:11 AM

I'm going!

December 3 against Anaheim...Sergei's first game back! I've been wanting to go this game since the schedule came out. I just completed my order for my ticket...Section 210, Row 6.

Sergei better bring earmuffs because he's gonna hear some boos and heckling! :yo:

kira 11-07-2003 05:21 AM

You lucky dog...how I envy you.

Have a great time!

Vincent Vega 11-07-2003 06:41 AM

Lucky *******! I really wish I lived in the Detroit area, I have always wanted to visit the Joe!

Bobby Orr's Knees 11-07-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoalzie
December 3 against Anaheim...Sergei's first game back! I've been wanting to go this game since the schedule came out. I just completed my order for my ticket...Section 210, Row 6.

Sergei better bring earmuffs because he's gonna hear some boos and heckling! :yo:

Why boo a guy who was such a big part of your Stanley Cup run and one of your most productive players for 10+ years? So what if he left as a free agent? It's life. You are going to rationalize and tell me Federov was this-n-that. But you know what: without him, you wouldn't have your rings. Too bad you guys are treating him like cr*p now.

TomHBlain 11-07-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

See you at the game ;) dont know what section my buddy got though. I will clap when I hear Sergei's name called. He gave us some great years in Detroit. How can you boo a guy who was here, and a big part of 3 cups?

Vatican Roulette 11-07-2003 11:07 AM

I'm goin to the Chicago game on Monday....front row. I love having hook-ups. :D

kira 11-07-2003 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

I hate you. ;)

Shoalzie 11-07-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

Cool deal...the closest I ever sat a Wings game was the 14th row. This'll be the first non-Avalanche game I'll see at the Joe...went to two regular season games and Game 5 of the 2002 Western Finals.

A Good Flying Bird* 11-07-2003 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Orr's Knees
Why boo a guy who was such a big part of your Stanley Cup run and one of your most productive players for 10+ years? So what if he left as a free agent? It's life. You are going to rationalize and tell me Federov was this-n-that. But you know what: without him, you wouldn't have your rings. Too bad you guys are treating him like cr*p now.

Because too many Detroit fans are retarded.

It's sounding more and more like the Wings players essentially booted Fedorov off the team.
According to Art Regner, a local radio host who's close to the players, the players had several meetings about the Fedorov free agency and decided they didn't want him back.
I'm not sure about the timing of the entire thing, but that may be the reason Detroit lowered it's offer from $50M/5Y to $32M/4Y.

If this is true, I've got to question the leadership in the Wings dressing room.
Maybe Hull, Yzerman Shanahan, Draper, Chelios, McCarty, and Lidstrom thought this team would be Betterov without Fedorov.
But I can't figure out why.
They won three cups with him

Maybe the team figured $50M was too much.
But what the hell do they care? Yzerman Hull and Chelios are almost gone.

If Regner is right, Yzerman and company may have really screwed this team. Not only in the short run, as it seems like Fedorov's on-ice contributions are missed, but in the long run.

I'm not sure what this team is going to look like when we get back from the CBA.

Vatican Roulette 11-07-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Because too many Detroit fans are retarded.

It's sounding more and more like the Wings players essentially booted Fedorov off the team.
According to Art Regner, a local radio host who's close to the players, the players had several meetings about the Fedorov free agency and decided they didn't want him back.
I'm not sure about the timing of the entire thing, but that may be the reason Detroit lowered it's offer from $50M/5Y to $32M/4Y.

If this is true, I've got to question the leadership in the Wings dressing room.
Maybe Hull, Yzerman Shanahan, Draper, Chelios, McCarty, and Lidstrom thought this team would be Betterov without Fedorov.
But I can't figure out why.
They won three cups with him

Maybe the team figured $50M was too much.
But what the hell do they care? Yzerman Hull and Chelios are almost gone.

If Regner is right, Yzerman and company may have really screwed this team. Not only in the short run, as it seems like Fedorov's on-ice contributions are missed, but in the long run.

I'm not sure what this team is going to look like when we get back from the CBA.

maybe it was his off-ice attitude they didn't care for, although thats just speculation. You never know exactly how things shake down in those situations....

I do know that in this team full of veterans, its all about the team. team play. Feds was asking for more playing time above everyone else, which on most teams would be expected. Goes back to the point of him wanting to "be the man" so to speak.

again, just speculation.

onearmedbandit14 11-08-2003 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
Lucky *******! I really wish I lived in the Detroit area, I have always wanted to visit the Joe!

I don't live in the Detroit area either, but I was lucky enough to go to a playoff game at the Joe last year, and I was against the glass. It was an epic experience. I encourage you to pounce on some tickets and clear your schedule so you can make the raodie to D-town. It's worth it.

Shoalzie 11-08-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Orr's Knees

At one time, nobody was a bigger Fedorov fan than me. He has an unbelievable game but he's an enigma personality-wise. I think of Fedorov's departure the same way I think of Barry Sanders retiring from the Lions. Half of me is a little bitter and I want to rip either guy for running away but on the other hand, I hold don't hold a huge grudge and I appreciate the memories those players brought to us fans. I'm a little bit of both. He was a great Red Wing but I'll dwell on that after he retires...for now, he's a Duck and us WingFans aren't too fond of the Ducks after what they did to us last year.

I won't go to the game just to give Fedorov some grief, I'm there to root on the Wings...I just think the whole Fedorov element makes this one of the better regular season games on the schedule and hopefully there will be a spirited atmosphere at the Joe. There'll be plenty of fans who will be dishing out some one-liners towards Sergei. I might boo him a couple times when he touches the puck during the first period but as the game wears on, I'd be more concerned with the Wings winning than what #91 is doing out there. If he scores a goal, there'll probably be a mix of cheers and boos for sure. Regardless of Fedorov, I want revenge on the Ducks first and foremost!

jiggs 10 11-11-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Isn't it January 3rd? That's my 40th birthday and my wife was going to get me tickets in Detroit, but they were WAAAY too expensive ($110 each for the against-the-roof seats!). Or is Anaheim in town before then?

Shoalzie 11-11-2003 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Isn't it January 3rd? That's my 40th birthday and my wife was going to get me tickets in Detroit, but they were WAAAY too expensive ($110 each for the against-the-roof seats!). Or is Anaheim in town before then?

Wednesday, December 3 is the first time Detroit plays Anaheim this season and it's in Detroit. They do play Anaheim at the Joe on January 3 like you said though. My upper bowl ticket was $55 but with the TicketMaster additions, it's about $65.

Vyacheslav 11-11-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggs 10

Except for the Avs game I went to last season, I always sit in the last row or two and the tickets are always twenty something dollars each. When I saw the Avs I was in the 12th row and the tickets were $76 each. I was in the last row last year vs Edmonton and the tickets were $22 each. In 2000 and 2001 those $22 seats were $20.

jiggs 10 11-12-2003 10:45 AM

I was going through the Red Wings ticket office and stubhub.com. No wonder they were high!

I DO have tickets to see the Wings next week (Nov. 22) in Minnesota. Probably last chance to see Steve Yzerman in person for me, so we HAD to get tickets!

P.S. I checked all sources I could find. The Jan. 3 game is now sold out, unless I want scalper tix. No thanks. Rats!

Ajo 11-12-2003 09:42 PM

Nice. Have a good time! To everyone who sees the Wings.