HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2nd round picks, 8 years in the making: Andreas Nodl, Mike Ratchuk, Denis Bodrov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=262651)

GKJ 06-24-2006 08:26 PM

2nd round picks, 8 years in the making: Andreas Nodl, Mike Ratchuk, Denis Bodrov

RW from Sioux Falls of the USHL

Probably means he's going to college

GKJ 06-24-2006 08:34 PM

Mike Ratchuk, a defenseman from Michigan State is our 2nd 2nd round pick

A Flock Of Seguins 06-24-2006 09:09 PM

I like our first 3 picks. They're all rather good. Ratchuk is QUICK, which I like, great skating D, clearly we've learnt from Hatcher.
Nodl is another speedy player, a producing winger, good playmaker and a great shooter, I'm rather excited by him.

Nowhere near as excited as I am by Claude Giroux. Potentially excellent, great hockey sense and arsenal. Could be a first-round steal. Surprised Clarke didn't take Sneep or someone though instead of Sanguinetti, mainly because I thought he was chasing a D-man, but I think Giroux, breaking from a tradition of grit, it a good selection.

GKJ 06-24-2006 09:11 PM

Denis Bodrov, was our other 2nd. Never heard of him.

We traded our 3rd round pick to Montreal, who selected Ryan White, which I'm afraid is a grave mistake. A player who would fit right in. As good as this has been, that is inexcuseable, in my opinions

Yertle The Turtle 06-24-2006 09:13 PM

I could not beleive White was selected with our pick. I was very excited seeing his name next to where we were picking. But then I saw Montreal picked him and not us :(.

phlacheesesteak 06-24-2006 09:15 PM

what was the return for giving that pick to MTl

Yertle The Turtle 06-24-2006 09:16 PM

I dont think it was announced. But I am willing to bet Clarke was able to get a 2nd for next years draft. Which would be a good deal for us.

GKJ 06-24-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
I could not beleive White was selected with our pick. I was very excited seeing his name next to where we were picking. But then I saw Montreal picked him and not us :(.

For every good pick, we typically have a blunder as well.

BloodOnTheIce 06-24-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
what was the return for giving that pick to MTl

Looks like the 79th and ?

took Jonathan Matsumoto with it

Yertle The Turtle 06-24-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
I dont think it was announced. But I am willing to bet Clarke was able to get a 2nd for next years draft. Which would be a good deal for us.

Never mind this. Apparently we traded down. We selected JONATHAN MATSUMOTO with the 79th pick overall. Aparently he is a good playmaking center.

EDIT: Forney picked right after Matsumoto :(

bobbyboucher24 06-24-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
RW from Sioux Falls of the USHL

Probably means he's going to college

Sounds like he committed to St Cloud State

BobbyClarkeFan16 06-24-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

We traded our 3rd round pick to Montreal, who selected Ryan White, which I'm afraid is a grave mistake. A player who would fit right in. As good as this has been, that is inexcuseable, in my opinions

Ryan White is a player we DO NOT need. He's your standard run of the mill checker. We have plenty of those. If the playoffs showed us anything, it's that we lack true skill players and we lack a mobile defense unit. White is going to be nothing more than a 25 point player in the NHL. Screw him, he's a butt nugget.

John Flyers Fan 06-24-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
Looks like the 79th and ?

took Jonathan Matsumoto with it

Looks like 79 and the 109th, where we took a Czech goalie.

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-24-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

I saw these on a Google search :)

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/1/8/4/4/9/index1.shtml

Denis Bodrov was named Russia’s Player of the Game, and for Canada, much to the crowd’s delight, it was big number 33, Justin Pogge.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...81708-sun.html

VANCOUVER -- Wayne Gretzky passed a message to Steve Downie before the gold medal game.

"I didn't talk to him. But he sent me a message that if I'm going hard I'm going to get the winner. I guess I did," said the player who started the season mired in double controversy due to being involved in the Windsor Spitfires hazing affair and ended up being traded to the Peterborough Petes.

Downie was the player from the Whistler junior Team Canada camp who was drawn to play with Gretzky, the head of the Olympic version of Team Canada, at the golf tournament involving the two teams here last summer.

"I didn't ever envision this happening to me. I didn't even know if I'd be on the team when I came here to camp," said Downie.

The Philadelphia Flyers draft pick was a whirling dervish from his first shift when he pasted Denis Bodrov into the end boards, led the way for Canada in both drill and will.

"He was never a question for me from Day 1 when he stepped on the ice in August," said coach Brent Sutter.

"I never had a question of trusting Steve Downie. He played outstanding the whole tournament for us."

MojoJojo 06-24-2006 10:30 PM

Why is Bodrov not even listed on RussianProspects.com?

MojoJojo 06-24-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

We traded our 3rd round pick to Montreal, who selected Ryan White, which I'm afraid is a grave mistake.

What did we get for the pick?

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-24-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
What did we get for the pick?

79 and 109 this year.

Pantokrator 06-24-2006 10:38 PM

I wanted Ryan White too. He seems to be a player who will make the NHL even if only a 3rd or 4th liner. Could have been a tradeable commodity.

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-24-2006 10:48 PM

Info on Matsumoto:

http://bgsufalcons.cstv.com/sports/m...onathan00.html

2005-06: Finished the year with 20 goals, 28 assists and 48 points, all career-bests • also posted a team-high 12 power-play goals • has scored a point in 28 of 36 games this season and had 15 multiple point games • recorded his first career hat trick versus No. 4 Boston College • had a career-best four points (1g, 3a) in a 7-3 win over Nebraska-Omaha • had a nine-game point streak from Dec. 9 - Jan. 20 • was named to the UConn All-Tournament Team after scoring a tournament-best three goals • scored two goals, including the game-winner with just 48 seconds remaining in a 3-2 win over RIT • also scored multiple goal games versus UMass and Nebraska-Omaha • had a season-best nine-game point streak from Dec. 9 through Jan. 20 where he posted 14 points (7g, 7a) • finished the regular season ranked 12th in the country in points per game (1.35), tied for eighth in points (46), 12th in power-play goals (10), tied for 18th in goals (18) and 11th in assists (28).

2004-05: Became just the third freshman in BGSU history to lead the team in scoring, notching 32 points (18g, 14a) in 36 games •he joined George McPhee (1978-79, 88 pts.) and Gerry Bradbury (1970-71, 52 pts.) as the only others to do that •also led the Falcons in goals (18), PPGs (10), GWGs (5), and shot percentage (.189) •named CCHA All-Rookie Honorable Mention • 24 of his 32 points came in league play (12g, 12a) •two-time CCHA Rookie of the Week (Oct. 25 and Nov. 15) •scored a goal in his first three collegiate games, including two PPGs and one GWG, finishing with 3-2--5 during that span •notched a career-high three points twice, in his first collegiate game at Union on Oct. 22 (1-2--3) and at Nebraska-Omaha on Nov. 13 (2-1--3) •had a career-high five-game point streak from Feb. 5 - Feb. 19 (6-2--8) and ended the season on a four-game point streak (3-1--4) • notched a point in 22 of 36 games • had eight mult-point games •longest point drought was three games •had 11 penalties with 22 PIM •finished T-7th nationally in GWGs (5), T-19th nationally in PPGs per game (.28), and T-33rd nationally in goals per game (.50) •was 10th highest scoring freshman in the NCAA (.89 ppg.) • made his collegiate debut on Oct. 22 at Union.

Pre-College: Played one season for the Cumberland Grads • he finished the 2003-04 season with 31-32--63 in 51 games and 26 PIM • named the CJHL Rookie of the Year in 2004 after leading all rookies in the league in scoring with the next closest rookie 15 points behind him • earned the Cumberland 3-Star Award •the Grads finished second in the CJHL regular season with their 35-14-5 record (76 points) • was invited to try out for the 2002 Team Ontario Under-17 training camp.

Personal: Full name--Jonathan Richard Matsumoto • born Oct. 13, 1986, in Ottawa, Ontario • son of Nelson and Winara Matsumoto • majoring in business • shoots left • graduate of St. Peter Catholic (`04).

FearTheFlyers 06-24-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Ryan White is a player we DO NOT need. He's your standard run of the mill checker. We have plenty of those. If the playoffs showed us anything, it's that we lack true skill players and we lack a mobile defense unit. White is going to be nothing more than a 25 point player in the NHL. Screw him, he's a butt nugget.

Ryan White Sucks.

bobbyboucher24 06-24-2006 10:56 PM

If Matsumoto scored 18 his rookie year, and 20 this year, how did he have 46 in 2 years?

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-24-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyboucher24
If Matsumoto scored 18 his rookie year, and 20 this year, how did he have 46 in 2 years?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=84813

38 goals, 42 assists, 80 points in 72 games.

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-24-2006 11:30 PM

Andrei Popov:

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...a4092f6a68a4c5

mikefavata 06-24-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles

Popov could be a hell of a steal, ranked 9th for European skaters by CSS too. Not bad for a 7th round pick.

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-25-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Vanbiesbrouck
Popov could be a hell of a steal, ranked 9th for European skaters by CSS too. Not bad for a 7th round pick.

He is listed 69th on a list I printed out somewhere along the line. That includes all skaters and goalies.