HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Havlat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=263246)

flyboys328 06-26-2006 01:49 PM

Havlat

what do you think the flyers would have to give up to get him

would you do away with one of the young talents for him
maybe umberger and picks

phlacheesesteak 06-26-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboys328
what do you think the flyers would have to give up to get him

would you do away with one of the young talents for him
maybe umberger and picks

No way, i dont want to ever see him play for philly..he will cost more than what hes worth in more ways than one

PS. all the young'uns are stayin' with the team

Banger 06-26-2006 01:56 PM

If I remember correctly Clarke had very harsh words re:Havlat regarding some of his suspensions/antics. I don't think there's a chance that Clarke would deal for him.

TheKingPin 06-26-2006 02:09 PM

Havalt is a great player. He would be an awesome addition. He would cost an insaine amount though. They made an offer to Florida for Luongo, THE goalie of the future apparently. I think that if we were to trade and get him for Umberger and picks i would 100% do it. I think that it would involve one our many highly touted future stars. Has Afinaginov signed yet? I think that if he were on a line with Foppa and Gagne we could have two 50 goal scorers.

swflyers8* 06-26-2006 02:09 PM

Havlat would never be signed for here or traded to come here. The guy was the reason for that record setting penalty minute game. Forget that.

Ri hards 06-26-2006 03:19 PM

There's no question that Havlat has lots of skill and can put up big numbers, but like everyone else has been saying, Clarke hates him, most of the Flyers hate him (probably), and further more, the statue of Rocky would never go for it!

GKJ 06-26-2006 03:26 PM

I do not want him this team. He doesn't play to win. We don't have time to deal with spoiled kids like that.

BringBackStevens 06-26-2006 03:32 PM

i don't want him in orange and black after those two-handers he took to our players a few years back. spineless

Cmoneyflyguy 06-26-2006 03:48 PM

That guys a bum. Skilled? Sure. Character? None.

peteo 06-26-2006 04:06 PM

I also like Afinoginov.

flyboys328 06-26-2006 04:18 PM

yea i agree on what your saying about him and i understand, i was just putting it out there....didnt he give recchi a concussion or cheapshotted him

BobbyClarkeFan16 06-26-2006 05:32 PM

Havlat would be dynamite on this team. I don't get the impression of how he's a spoiled brat though. The negotiations with Ottawa in the past have been tough, but it's never been about paying him more than others. It's always been about paying him fairly. It's funny how the Sens would only offer him one year deals at the best, and now that he's one year away from UFA, they all of a sudden want to lock him up long term.

As for Havlat being spineless, gutless, etc......it's all crap. If he were here, he'd be a welcome addition to the team and he'd probably fit in quite well. I won't condone his actions of kicking players or the stick work, but God knows that the Flyers teams of the past weren't a bunch of saints either. If Clarke were to make a deal for Havlat, everyone on here would be all "oh, what a great deal Clarke made" or "oh, we got a gamer in Havlat".

Fact of the matter is that he is a dynamic, young player that would be a welcome addition to any team. And to not think that is absolutely assinine, moronic, and just flat out stupid at best.

malfeasance 06-26-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Fact of the matter is that he is a dynamic, young player that would be a welcome addition to any team. And to not think that is absolutely assinine, moronic, and just flat out stupid at best.

Sing it, brother. :clap:

The only thing that scares me is not getting a long term commitment out of him. If he and his agent only want to work with a 1 year deal, then why chase it at all.

Dig Out Your Soul 06-26-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Havlat would be dynamite on this team. I don't get the impression of how he's a spoiled brat though. The negotiations with Ottawa in the past have been tough, but it's never been about paying him more than others. It's always been about paying him fairly. It's funny how the Sens would only offer him one year deals at the best, and now that he's one year away from UFA, they all of a sudden want to lock him up long term.

As for Havlat being spineless, gutless, etc......it's all crap. If he were here, he'd be a welcome addition to the team and he'd probably fit in quite well. I won't condone his actions of kicking players or the stick work, but God knows that the Flyers teams of the past weren't a bunch of saints either. If Clarke were to make a deal for Havlat, everyone on here would be all "oh, what a great deal Clarke made" or "oh, we got a gamer in Havlat".

Absolutely agree with you. I knew what most responses would be in this thread, but if we take off our homer hats and memories of that game a few years back and just WATCH the kid play, he's a tremendous talent. I would take him on this team without hesitation (if the opportunity were there, for the right price of course). He's built for the NHL (a tired cliche already).

Winston Wolf 06-26-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Completely agreed. I've always been a huge Havlat fan. I'd take him over any other forward on the Ottawa Senators roster.

bobbyboucher24 06-28-2006 06:27 AM

I'm a big Havlat fan. I'd gladly take him, too.

glovesave* 06-28-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston Wolf
Completely agreed. I've always been a huge Havlat fan. I'd take him over any other forward on the Ottawa Senators roster.

Really? ANY forward on the Sens roster?

You'd take him over Spezza?

donelikedinner 06-28-2006 10:11 AM

Havlat plays for his paycheck and doesn't care about much more. He's not a team player and like a lot of euros, he cares more for european championships than the Cup.

Winston Wolf 06-28-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave

Yep. Not a big Spezza fan.

tytech 06-28-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave

Spezza for sure. Heatley and Alfredsson, no way.

Winston Wolf 06-28-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
Spezza for sure. Heatley and Alfredsson, no way.

Alfredsson is the better player, but I'd rather have Havlat for the long run for this team. Let's just say I completely disagree with Heatley. Good player, but he just doesn't do it for me.

swflyers8* 06-28-2006 01:26 PM

Another player that disappears come playoff time, sure, come on down.

:rolleyes:

GoneFullHextall 06-28-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboys328
yea i agree on what your saying about him and i understand, i was just putting it out there....didnt he give recchi a concussion or cheapshotted him

yeah he did, he gave Recchi a cheapshot, Recchi challenged him and he backed down. All he had to do was drop the gloves with recchi and none of that stuff that happened in that brawl would have happened.

hes a spineless, gutless punk. pass.

Winston Wolf 06-28-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Another player that disappears come playoff time, sure, come on down.

:rolleyes:

34 points in 51 playoff games really isn't half bad for a young player on a deep roster like Ottawa's. For what it's worth, nearly half of those points have probably been against us.

Steve L* 06-28-2006 01:41 PM

No way, we already have enough chicken**** ******* on our team.

I hate him and his stick work, he will only sign a one year contract so why give up anything for a rental unless the Flyers think they are close at the deadline.