HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Preds @ Detroit 11.08.03 gameday thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26435)

Vyacheslav 11-08-2003 12:02 AM

Preds @ Detroit 11.08.03 gameday thread

I'm looking forward to this game. I think we can win this bad boy. I'll predict Red Wings 4 Preds 2

Maltby, Lidstrom, Shanahan, Whitney

Zoran Manojlovic 11-08-2003 03:38 AM

Tight game... Wing win it by 4-1, goals by Lidström, Hudler :rolly:, Yzerman, Holmström

kira 11-08-2003 05:33 AM

The last few times I've ventured a guess how the game would turn out I've been dead wrong...so I will just pray for a victory, and hope that Pasha has a great night...

PigPen 11-08-2003 06:28 AM

Wings blow them out of the water this game after the humiliating loss in Nashville earlier this year.

6-2

Howard35 11-08-2003 07:00 AM

yea i got a feeling this is going to be a all redwings type of game.

5-1 detroit

det: Hull, shanahan(2), lidstrom, williams
nash: Legwand

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 07:13 AM

Is Stumpy making his debut tonight?

5-1 Detroit.

Yzerman, Hudler(2), Maltby, Hull

Hall

TomHBlain 11-08-2003 08:44 AM

Who is in net tonight for the Wings? Anyone hear any reports yet? I wouldnt mind seeing us start Cujo again... the last game gave him good value. One more good game like that, and he could get more attention tradewise.

kira 11-08-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
Is Stumpy making his debut tonight?

5-1 Detroit.

Yzerman, Hudler(2), Maltby, Hull

Hall

No, he's waiting for a work visa...that's what he gets for being born in England. That's why Bootland is going to play tonight.

I agree with you on Cujo...we'll see though.

Turner 11-08-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kira
No, he's waiting for a work visa...that's what he gets for being born in England. That's why Bootland is going to play tonight.

I agree with you on Cujo...we'll see though.

I thought that Williams has a "sore" groin along with damn near everyone else on the team. I can see Bootland keeping a job up here if he just plays his game.

kira 11-08-2003 02:37 PM

It is Cujo tonight...can he have back to back shutouts? That would be pretty cool.

Fourteen seconds and Homer hits! WOOHOO!

New line combos tonight too...but I hate to see Mac down already.

Now it's 2-0 thanks to Drapes! This could be good fun! :D

And Cujo is looking strong.

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 03:55 PM

I forgot about Bootland! How does he look so far? What are the new line combos?

Vyacheslav 11-08-2003 04:00 PM

Shanny scored, I hope that's a sign of good things to come.

kira 11-08-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
I forgot about Bootland! How does he look so far? What are the new line combos?

I've seen Whitney, Holmstrom and Pasha...Stevie, Shanny and Brett, Bootland is looking good...McCarty got hurt - no report yet, but he hasn't been back. Cujo is looking great, and this game is going a lot better than last time...hell, the Preds are hardly putting up a fight.

In fact, this game is so tame compared to the other one that Pasha had his stick come up on a guy, and he went over and apologized to the Nashville player for it happening. That was classy of Pasha to do that.

3-0 after two? I think if we keep playing as aggressively as we have as far as getting the puck and keeping it we should be in the bag.

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 04:21 PM

CuJo has only face 11 shots so far....I smell 2 shut outs in a row :D Maybe we can get something good for him if he keeps this up. I take it Shanny has been looking good so far?

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 04:29 PM

Shutout broken.....Preds score.....

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 04:40 PM

Martin Erat scores. Damnit its a 1 goal game. Preds are on the PP.

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 04:47 PM

Scott Hartnell scores. Talk about a turn of events.

kira 11-08-2003 04:48 PM

What the hell???? I have to go into town and the game goes to hell? This is not good...

I don't believe it...they had this game in the bag and blew it. What the hell happened???

Howard35 11-08-2003 04:52 PM

4-3, we just blew a 3-0 lead....

Looks like holland is going to have to wheel and deal now instead of a UFA pick-up

Vincent Vega 11-08-2003 04:52 PM

Brutal, just brutal.....4-3 Preds.....

Vyacheslav 11-08-2003 04:56 PM

Ridiculous...

guinness 11-08-2003 04:59 PM

BHWAAAA - typical Detroit letdown in the 3rd, the Wings can make a 3-0 lead so interesting, Draper needs to be flogged for taking that goalie interference penalty with a little over 2 left. Detroit came out in the 3rd and sat on their ***** thinking the game was over, Preds came out pressing. Even after the 1st Preds goal, Detroit was asleep at the wheel, 2nd goal same.

Brutal
Brutal
Brutal

LMAO

Howard35 11-08-2003 04:59 PM

SO when is it time for holland to push the panic button...?? When we arent making the playoffs and its too late :dunno:

In no way did i have anything against lewis before the season, but now, come on

guinness 11-08-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
SO when is it time for holland to push the panic button...?? When we arent making the playoffs and its too late :dunno:

In no way did i have anything against lewis before the season, but now, come on

It's not even really Lewis, I've been to a Wings game against the Preds a few years ago when they blew a lead like this, and there are many other games where the WIngs have blown multiple goal leads. But this is the one of the few where they've blown the lead and also lost. The players still have to go out and make the lead stick, if all they plan on doing is twisting in the wind, sayonara Wings.

PigPen 11-08-2003 05:08 PM

The last call on Draper was utter crap.
Tomas Vokoun came out of the net and hit Draper. Draper falls on top of Vokoun and gets an interference call.
Nashville goes to score on the ensuing PP with 56 seconds left in the period.

The Hartnell goal was just crap. Fischer tied up his man in the corner, Chelios stands in front of the net and doesn't move, leaving the puck carrier (Hartnell) to DEVEREAUX!!!
Hartnell easily outmuscles Devereaux (as if that's hard) and then goes on to score the game tying goal.
Way to go, Boyd...

Draper and Yzerman were our best players tonight and Shanahan was right up there. Bootland had some nice passes in the offensive zone that were right across the crease and in the slot.
Lidstrom was invisible as if that's anything new this year. Schneider is the wrong partner for Lidstrom. They both try doing the same things at the same time and have no chemistry together. The 2nd and 3rd goal Cujo could have stopped.
Don't even get me started on Devereaux...

I can't blame this entirely on the players though. Lewis gets some of the blame. Overusing an old Chelios tonight, playing Devereaux much more than he has a right to be played when we're up 3-2 with only a handful of minutes left in the game.
Hell, Bootland would have been more useful in a 3-2 situation. At least he would have taken a penalty to prevent the scoring chance.