HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Juraj Mikus coming to Chicoutimi??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=264388)

habsprospects 06-29-2006 02:03 AM

Juraj Mikus coming to Chicoutimi???

[image]http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/mikus.jpg[/image]
Anyone has an idea of how long it could take to know if he's coming to Chicoutimi?

superstar436 06-29-2006 05:52 AM

who is or was part-owner in chicoutimi : carbo

habsprospects 06-29-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waseem
who is or was part-owner in chicoutimi : carbo

he's the president

so? that doesn't answer my question

Whitesnake 06-29-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50
he's the president

so? that doesn't answer my question

Well you would believe that Carbo and the Habs crew did their homework and seriously think he'll come over to make the Sags pick him.

Just wonder though why they didn't do the same for Valentenko going to the Sags? Though Tulupov seems to be a better player, wonder what didn't work in Valentenko's case.....Or we may have read this the wrong way and Valentenko was never suppose to come here in the first place.

Or he might be picked next year in the same import draft.

Blind Gardien 06-29-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Well you would believe that Carbo and the Habs crew did their homework and seriously think he'll come over to make the Sags pick him.

Just wonder though why they didn't do the same for Valentenko going to the Sags? Though Tulupov seems to be a better player, wonder what didn't work in Valentenko's case.....Or we may have read this the wrong way and Valentenko was never suppose to come here in the first place.

Or he might be picked next year in the same import draft.

Supposing that Valentenko was ever even a candidate to come over (in terms of willingness, etc)...

I'm not sure he's really the type of Import that many CHL teams would be interested in. He's a late '87, and maybe generally considered a bit raw. You might only get 1 season out of him in junior before he goes pro. With only two import slots, do you burn one on a depth player who probably isn't going to give you more impact than the local kid from your own back yard? Maybe you do if you have ties to the NHL organization who drafted him and you're trying to help him along the development curve. But there isn't much in it for the CHL team.

Mikus is at least a better wildcard, because maybe he can jump in and score 40 goals, so that even if you only have him for 1 year, it's still more of an impact than a depth defenseman would be. I'm not sure if the Sags are really going to be able to bring him over or not, or whether they weren't just taking a flyer on a guy who they had some vague hope might be convinced via the Habs/Carbo connection. It's by no means assured that every player taken in the Import Draft comes over. Do even 50% come? There are plenty of flyers taken. Tulupov sounds like the guy they are expecting. Mikus might just be wishful thinking? :dunno:
:GWC:

Whitesnake 06-29-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Supposing that Valentenko was ever even a candidate to come over (in terms of willingness, etc)...

I'm not sure he's really the type of Import that many CHL teams would be interested in. He's a late '87, and maybe generally considered a bit raw. You might only get 1 season out of him in junior before he goes pro. With only two import slots, do you burn one on a depth player who probably isn't going to give you more impact than the local kid from your own back yard? Maybe you do if you have ties to the NHL organization who drafted him and you're trying to help him along the development curve. But there isn't much in it for the CHL team.

Mikus is at least a better wildcard, because maybe he can jump in and score 40 goals, so that even if you only have him for 1 year, it's still more of an impact than a depth defenseman would be. I'm not sure if the Sags are really going to be able to bring him over or not, or whether they weren't just taking a flyer on a guy who they had some vague hope might be convinced via the Habs/Carbo connection. It's by no means assured that every player taken in the Import Draft comes over. Do even 50% come? There are plenty of flyers taken. Tulupov sounds like the guy they are expecting. Mikus might just be wishful thinking? :dunno:
:GWC:

Well if we take the 2005 Import draft for example, and it might not be a good one, I don't know, but out of the 71 guys picked (2 teams passed), 54 prospects did play at least 1 game (which is 76% for 2005) in the CHL for the team they were chosen by....I know 1 game is not a lot but at least, it really meant that they came, tried to blend it and went back for different reasons either were not good enough or whatever. But the majority played more than 1 game and the guys that were chosen and didn't come were the elite at the time guys like : Marcinko, Frolik (though he'll be in Rimouski this year), Tlusty, Bergfors, Lelkes, Makarov and Kopitar. The others, 10 of them, I don't know them at all so just pure misses on the team's part.

So again, I believe this draft has significant part in a team's success, just for 2005, players like Pavelec, Salmonsson, Osala, Naslund, Fiala, Hansen, Mihalik, Hedman, Schutz,Bohunicky, Edler, Vishnevsky and our own Sergei Kosty Jr. had significant roles on their respective team so you never know!!!

http://www.chl.ca/CHLNews0405/0629.html

habsprospects 06-29-2006 10:24 AM

Bergfors was coming but the Devils thought it would be better for him to play in AHL

zednik20 06-29-2006 10:29 AM

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvell...29-090205.html

Whitesnake 06-29-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever

Great news!!!! :yo:

Blind Gardien 06-29-2006 11:10 AM

Ahem, as I was saying... :propeller

Whitesnake 06-29-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Ahem, as I was saying... :propeller

Since you're right 99% of the time, where do you think that 1% goes??? ;)

Though nothing is done as of yet, but it sure looks good so far.

I wonder if there's other options for guys who weren't picked in the import draft. Can they still come by any other way???

Tricolore#20 06-29-2006 11:50 AM

The Sags do a good job with their Slovak players. They had Lascek and Zagrapan last year, and both were given prominent roles on that club.

CH Wizard 06-29-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Martel le voit déjà sur la première ligne avec David Desharnais.

:) Good to know, he'll play a big role. With prolly' Lascek gone and Boisclair gone...he'll receive lots of icetime. I hope, he'll learn from his CHL season...and become a better player down the road.

Freaky Habs Fan 06-29-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great One
:) Good to know, he'll play a big role. With prolly' Lascek gone and Boisclair gone...he'll receive lots of icetime. I hope, he'll learn from his CHL season...and become a better player down the road.

It will also be fun to see what kind of upside he really has...the scouts are saying that he could be a Hedjuk kind of player, but with his last season, he don't seems to be that good. I expect at least 70 points for him...

toshiro 06-29-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
It will also be fun to see what kind of upside he really has...the scouts are saying that he could be a Hedjuk kind of player, but with his last season, he don't seems to be that good. I expect at least 70 points for him...

In that league hopefully he will do 100.

eddy 06-30-2006 04:15 AM

I'm really glad Mikus decided to go for the CHL root, I think it will do him good. I go the feeling he may have had a confidence problem after a poor WJC and a mediocre season in the Slovak league with not a whole lot of ice-time. In the Q i'm guessing he'll be a top6 guy playing against players his own age and racking up far more points then he'd be used and getting used to NA culture and hockey. Very happy to see him go this root think it'll do him a lot of good.

Beatnik 06-30-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
The Sags do a good job with their Slovak players. They had Lascek and Zagrapan last year, and both were given prominent roles on that club.

Zagrapan is not considered as a success at all. He'll probably never accept to play for Richard Martel again. Hopefully, being a Habs prospect will protect Mikus from him.