HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kim Johnsson - would you go after him?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=264428)

Beakermania* 06-29-2006 07:45 AM

Kim Johnsson - would you go after him??

Kim Johnsson is a fantastic skating and passing puck mover who is perfect for the New NHL. I would hope Montreals doctors take a look at those concussions and find out if he is over the latest one. If he can stay healthy, he could be a real steal at a bargain price. It would be like having another Markov back there.

Anyone know what he is looking for money wise?? When is he expected to be recovered from his latest concussion?

Would you go after him

mcphee 06-29-2006 07:55 AM

I would, assuming health isn't a problem. Numminem in Buffalo is of interest short term if that's the thinking too.

Blind Gardien 06-29-2006 08:22 AM

Yeah, it all comes down to health. Well, and a bit on the asking price. If he's looking at $4M, that's more than I'd commit to, healthy or not. Of course, if the Flyers are letting him go without even trying (which seems to be the case? :dunno: ), then I'm sort of thinking health must truly be a concern, and they would know best. Because otherwise, isn't he exactly what their plodding D needs? Bobby Clarke just made a completely new-NHL oriented draft, he's clearly thinking in the mode of facelifting his team, and Johnsson would seem to fit perfectly with that. So... ?

Dan K 06-29-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Of course, if the Flyers are letting him go without even trying (which seems to be the case? :dunno: ),

I don't have a link off hand, but I believe there was a report that Kim asked to test the market.

I would definitely make a pitch for him. Depends how much he wants, but he would be a great guy to bring our top 4 to the next level. Very good defenseman, as long as he stays healthy.

beowulf 06-29-2006 08:34 AM

If he can be had in the Souray price range then yes I would for sure. If he is asking for $4M+ then no.

Shatmat* 06-29-2006 08:44 AM

Personnaly I would be vere wary of any players who had a concussion. After a first, the next ones are more likely to happen...

Winston Wolf 06-29-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it all comes down to health. Well, and a bit on the asking price. If he's looking at $4M, that's more than I'd commit to, healthy or not. Of course, if the Flyers are letting him go without even trying (which seems to be the case? :dunno: ), then I'm sort of thinking health must truly be a concern, and they would know best. Because otherwise, isn't he exactly what their plodding D needs? Bobby Clarke just made a completely new-NHL oriented draft, he's clearly thinking in the mode of facelifting his team, and Johnsson would seem to fit perfectly with that. So... ?

It's all about the money. He's asking for $4M. That's just way too much for a guy who just had a real bad year. Healthy and on his game, he can be worth it, but with such a huge UFA defenseman crop this year, he's just not worth the risk.

Kafka 06-29-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania
Kim Johnsson is a fantastic skating and passing puck mover who is perfect for the New NHL. I would hope Montreals doctors take a look at those concussions and find out if he is over the latest one. If he can stay healthy, he could be a real steal at a bargain price. It would be like having another Markov back there.

Anyone know what he is looking for money wise?? When is he expected to be recovered from his latest concussion?

Would you go after him

The last time he was fantastic WAS in the 03-04 season. Since then, he wasn't good (I know it because I picked him in my hockey pool), even before is concussion..... and that is the second reason why Gainey won't offer him a contract: the guy didn't come back yet from his concussion... is he ready to play now?

tinyzombies 06-29-2006 09:03 AM

Numminen would be awesome, but we're logjammed on the right side, unless we dump Dandy or Rivet. Komi ain't goin' nowheres. Rivet could also be moved over to the left side and dropped to the third pair.

It stuck out in my mind how badly Buffalo's transition game fell after Nummy got hurt in the playoffs.

mcphee 06-29-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Numminen would be awesome, but we're logjammed on the right side, unless we dump Dandy or Rivet. Komi ain't goin' nowheres. Rivet could also be moved over to the left side and dropped to the third pair.

It stuck out in my mind how badly Buffalo's transition game fell after Nummy got hurt in the playoffs.

I forgot about him playing the rightside. Too bad, he's exactly the player I'd like to see on D.

Habs 4 Life 06-30-2006 12:49 AM

I always loved the way he played.I would love Johnsson here to play with Komi :eek:

eddy 06-30-2006 04:19 AM

I would not at all be disapointed with singing Johnsson we should defiently go after a top 4 guy in the UFA market and we all want to get the top guys like Jovo and Chara but that is unlikely my number 1 choice would be McKee as signing him isn't unreasable for us and he'd be quite valuable to our team but some like Johnsson would be great too.

plafleur10 06-30-2006 06:20 AM

Kenny Jonsson

I would much rather go after Kenny Jonsson if he comes back to the NHL as rumored...

Marksman 06-30-2006 06:23 AM

Please, do not taint my Montreal Canadiens team with another swedish player!!

(From someone living in Finland.) :propeller

Hackett 06-30-2006 06:31 AM

Quote:

Thats a dollar figure that I would actually seriously consider if I were positive that Jonsson was 100% healthy

goalchenyuk 06-30-2006 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves

why not if he's better than them ?

And Komisarek isn't untouchable ...in reality , i can't see any player untouchable in our team .

mcphee 06-30-2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
why not if he's better than them ?

And Komisarek isn't untouchable ...in reality , i can't see any player untouchable in our team .

Here's the problem. I'm a Rivet fan so he has to be kept. Dandenault being moved is a bad sign to players. If you sign as a ufa, being traded for reasons other than a lack of effort could be a problem. Komi would only go in a package for someone considered an impact player. By the time this all gets figured out,m he'll have re-signed in Buffalo.

didjuicythat 06-30-2006 11:48 AM

I would certainly make a pitch for Johnsson, but apparently Gainey told Mathias Brunet from La Presse that he will not be on the market for a defenceman if he's successful in locking up Francis Bouillon.

badfish 06-30-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Personnaly I would be vere wary of any players who had a concussion. After a first, the next ones are more likely to happen...
i had one 3 years ago, a major one. my second concussion was flukey and took alot, especially seeing i continued playing hockey, sports, etc and had hit my head hard numerous times.