HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   LATimes: Kings qualify Avery, among others (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=264780)

Josh Deitell 06-30-2006 02:21 AM

LATimes: Kings qualify Avery, among others

Quote:

The Kings have given qualifying offers to keep forwards Sean Avery, Eric Belanger, Dustin Brown, Michael Cammalleri, goaltender Mathieu Garon and defensemen Tim Gleason and Mike Weaver all restricted free agents.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

No word on Kanko, James, Jackman, and Hogeboom.

CowMix 06-30-2006 02:29 AM

it was pretty obvious the kings would but... YAY none the less.

Osprey 06-30-2006 02:29 AM

No word on the supposed team options on Armstrong, Dempsey and Cowan. Wouldn't today be the last day for them to be picked up before they become UFAs? Perhaps this is an indication that none of them are being picked up :dunno:

Josh Deitell 06-30-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
No word on the supposed team options on Armstrong, Dempsey and Cowan. Wouldn't today be the last day for them to be picked up before they become UFAs? Perhaps this is an indication that none of them are being picked up :dunno:

I was under the impression that Armstrong and Cowan both had player options (maybe after incentives?), someone prove me right/wrong here.

CowMix 06-30-2006 02:35 AM

Quote:

The Kings have given qualifying offers to keep forwards Sean Avery(1), Eric Belanger(2), Dustin Brown(3), Michael Cammalleri(4), goaltender Mathieu Garon(5) and defensemen Tim Gleason(6) and Mike Weaver(7) all restricted free agents.

General Manager Dean Lombardi would not release information on the qualifying offers, but various league sources said that the six players would be back with the Kings next season. Avery, Cammalleri and Belanger are all eligible for arbitration.
there are 7 players listed, error or is someone not coming back?

Osprey 06-30-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaelWho
I was under the impression that Armstrong and Cowan both had player options (maybe after incentives?), someone prove me right/wrong here.

I was going by PuckU's post in the "QOs" thread, in which he said that those three had team options. Now that you mention it, though, someone said the other day that Armstrong's became a player option when he reached certain conditions, so maybe you're right.

Josh Deitell 06-30-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix

Weaver would be a safe bet.

Osprey 06-30-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix

Good eye, CowMix; however, it says "the six players," leading me to suspect that it was just error on the writer's part.

riseandfall9 06-30-2006 02:59 AM

Im fine with all of them, except for Belanger. Osprey, your right...July 1st is the last day the Kings can extend the player opinions and then they are free to go!

Puck U 06-30-2006 04:24 AM

I was going by a collection of previous posts, articles, links and such for my player salaries and contracts ... JT mentioned Cowan & Armstrongs TO's became PO's after the players hit whatever incentives needed ... so not that I was wrong, but I guess JT thinks both players in fact reached these incentives, so I'd go by his figures.

And why dislike giving a QO to Belanger ??? his QO is cheap, and if he doesn't sign with us and goes elswhere we at least get compensated, also even if he signs that doesn't mean he remains ON the team, but we at least don't give him up for nothing and can maybe get some asset back in return should we trade him. It's all about asset management, and Lombardi seems very adept and knowledgeable about how to get the best bang for the buck out of his assets. :teach:

riseandfall9 06-30-2006 04:48 AM

Yeah..Its going to be interesting to see what he does :D I Hope he can steal a few more players. Petr Prucha :D

GKJ 06-30-2006 07:04 AM

Nothing unexpected.

jt 06-30-2006 11:15 AM

I dont know this for sure, but what Ive been told is this:

Dempsey team option
Cowan team option became player option upon hitting incentives
Army contract became guaranteed upon hitting incentives

In looking at tsn.ca and nhlpa.com, they list salaries for all three.

Looks like we wont know for sure until tomorrow when the UFA list is published.

Beauty, eh? 06-30-2006 01:29 PM

Avery's back.... :yo:

I just hope he has indeed "learned" from his mistakes, as he said he has in that THN interview.

King'sPawn 06-30-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Avery's back.... :yo:

I just hope he has indeed "learned" from his mistakes, as he said he has in that THN interview.

Of course he has. In Juniors, he was just a kid. On the Red Wings, he was trying to establish himself. On the Kings, he just let himself get out of control. But yeah, Avery maturing, along with Crawford and his ability to hold punks like Bertuzzi and Lemieux back, will FLUORISH under the new NHL with a great attitude, good reputation, and a penchant to stay on his feet instead of diving.

:snicker

Really.

Sam 06-30-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
Cowan team option became player option upon hitting incentives

Have to wonder. What the heck would those incentives be? He didn't even have ten points last season. Cowan signed a two year plus an option year after a 11 goal, 27 point season. It's not too bad since he's making near the minimum ($532,000) but how would he have hit the incentive mark?

Sybil227 06-30-2006 02:23 PM

What's Labarbara's status? I thought we signed him to just a 1 year deal - is he UFA or RFA or am I wrong about the 1 year?

Sam 06-30-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227
What's Labarbara's status? I thought we signed him to just a 1 year deal - is he UFA or RFA or am I wrong about the 1 year?

The Kings signed LaBarbera to a two year deal.

Tadite 06-30-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
Have to wonder. What the heck would those incentives be? He didn't even have ten points last season. Cowan signed a two year plus an option year after a 11 goal, 27 point season. It's not too bad since he's making near the minimum ($532,000) but how would he have hit the incentive mark?

I was wondering that same thing. What did Cowan do to give him a player opinion? Stay on the team the whole year?

As for Avery. I think he would be a great new NHL player if he keeps himself a little bit more under control.

jt 06-30-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam

I agree and if I kept notes of where I found the info, I could tell you. But I just add it to my spreadsheet and correct/update it when I find out something new. And I don't change the spreadsheet unless it's credible (not to be confused with correct :sarcasm: ).

But now that I look at my sheet it still says "if incentives are hit", so you're probably right...and he probably didn't hit them...and it's probably still a team option.

We'll see tomorrow, eh?

Live in the Now 06-30-2006 03:02 PM

Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
The Kings signed LaBarbera to a two year deal.

I think LaBarbera's better than Garon.

I'm going to be murdered for that.
________
buy easy vape vaporizer

TubbyTerrion* 06-30-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofCrunk
I think LaBarbera's better than Garon.

I'm going to be murdered for that.

not murdered, but told you are potentially suffering from dementia :teach:

riseandfall9 06-30-2006 03:58 PM

How can we possibly have gotten a proper read on Barby or Garon? AM the moron was playing headgames with the goalies all season long. That stupid PeeWee hockey bullcrap switching each game. ROFL. I think we should give Labarbra a chance this season, what do we have to loose? I mean he did win the AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Award (lowest team goals-against total). I think given the chance the kid can really shine, he was fine until the Family Problems happened :(

CowMix 06-30-2006 05:09 PM

well right now Garon is better then Labs, but Labs could certaintly become better then Garon with time. I think with the chance and some good goalie coaching they could both become great #1 goaltenders.

TubbyTerrion* 06-30-2006 05:11 PM

In their last year in Hartford, Steve Valiquette out-statisticed Jason Labarbera in both GAA and Sv. Pctg. Valiquette, a former draft choice of the Los Angeles Kings had brief NHL cups o' java with the Isles, the Oil and the Rags. Last year he had PHENOMENAL stats in the Russian league. I think Labarbera is an adequate backup goaltender but is probably better suited to full time action in the AHL.