HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jose Theodore (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=265077)

Garry Valk 06-30-2006 08:06 PM

Jose Theodore

I've been posting here for years, so this is legit...

...I've found out that Theodore's daughter was born severely ill, and is still. I won't go into detail, but perhaps it explains his play last year.

That said, I do not think for one second it defends his behaviour the last few weeks.

Habsfan18 06-30-2006 08:09 PM

Feel bad for the guy if that's true, but wasn't his daughter only born 3 quarters into the season? Doesn't explain his horrible play all year.

Le Tricolore 06-30-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Valk
That said, I do not think for one second it defends his behaviour the last few weeks.

hanging out with a girl? he and the mother have broken up...

Marchy79 06-30-2006 08:49 PM

While I have always been a Jose fan....
Is it just me or does he seem to have a new excuse for every problem he faces in the NHL?

after the first bad year, it was the pulled groin (even after a public announcement by his GOALIE COACH in the beginning of that year stating Jose does not have the fire in his eyes)
The year after that, it was death threats,
Then there was another pulled groin, and now this.

I might be smelling a touch of BS on ythis issue. He was good when he was here (for a bit) but he thought he was bigger than the team. He got the hint (that he isnt) when he got dealt, and nobody gave a **** that he was gone.

C-ya Jose. take your big ego, and your big contract, and ride out playing in mediocrity in the falling city of Colorado. Montreal is on it's way up... no thanks to you :D

Kingbobert 06-30-2006 09:09 PM

while his daughter was born with complications (i know because my gf was one of the therapists taking care of the baby at the jewish) she was only born after he got traded...

now regardless....there are many other players that go through problems every year and still peform at a top or near top level...

too many excuses jose....
i defended him all the way but after a while enough is enough

Puckhead58* 07-01-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

...I've found out that Theodore's daughter was born severely ill, and is still. I won't go into detail, but perhaps it explains his play last year.

NOOOO!! There have been TOO many excuses for Theo's crappy play but like it was said before, a lot of other players have to play through adversity and they can still perform at a top level. Plain and simple, Jose Theodore just doesn't have what it takes to compete at a consistanly high level in this league. Sure he can put together a string of good games but who can't?? He is a back-up goalie at best as far as I'm concerned. Good riddence!!!

GoneAway 07-01-2006 09:40 AM

I'm sorry but why do we keep dwelling on Theodore? We all breathed a collective sigh of relief when he left and we should make sure all that is Jose stays away.

No good can come out of us constantly digging up news and tidbits relating to him

beowulf 07-01-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

I had heard the same thing. What does that have to do with anything now? He is no longer a Hab and we still get his name popping up here. Last season is over, he is gone.

mabus 07-01-2006 04:22 PM

Gary;

The baby was born just after, or a few days before he was traded unless i am mistaken, and does not in any way have anything to do with his poor play. If you want to look at the reason for his poor play, a better reason may be his equipment. In the offseason he signed a deal to wear new equipment {i forget which trademark} and never was able to play well with it.

From what I read in the Gazette months back, Gainey took him into his office and asked him to switch back to his old familiar equipment, but due to the sponsorship contract he'd signed he refused.

As for the baby explaining why he cheated on his wife, I'm not exactly sure how having a baby in danger of dying, in the hospital is any explanation for a guy cheating on his wife.

HabsAddict 07-01-2006 04:25 PM

People are now making excuses for MeMoi? WOW!

The guy behaves like trailer trash with money. Glad he's gone.