HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Roloson and Staal resigned (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=265280)

Ford Prefect 07-01-2006 12:48 PM

Roloson and Staal resigned

Yeah, that's right, I just sit at home reloading TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN and RDS every minute so I can be the first geek to post it here. Wanna fight about it?

Le Tricolore 07-01-2006 12:59 PM

yes, i do.

coolguy21415 07-01-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
Yeah, that's right, I just sit at home reloading TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN and RDS every minute so I can be the first geek to post it here. Wanna fight about it?

lol reminds me of the Irish guy on Family Guy... Great stuff. Roloson for 3 years? There's no way he'll last that long. Edmonton's going to end up paying him starter money to be a backup.

sweetcrude 07-01-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull
Edmonton's going to end up paying him starter money to be a backup.

Me belief is that the deal is OK, so long as the Oiler goalie prospects make serious improvements in their game over that time.

Devan Dubnyk - Should be able to make the transition within that period.
Jeff Deslauriers - Maybe.

My guess is two years is what we'll get fulltime and then Roloson will split time in the third year with Dubnyk.

coolguy21415 07-01-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcrude
Me belief is that the deal is OK, so long as the Oiler goalie prospects make serious improvements in their game over that time.

Devan Dubnyk - Should be able to make the transition within that period.
Jeff Deslauriers - Maybe.

My guess is two years is what we'll get fulltime and then Roloson will split time in the third year with Dubnyk.

What about Markkannen (sp?)? They're going to have to deal him away now because he played fantastic in the Finals, and there's no chance he'll start in Edmonton.

Ford Prefect 07-01-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb45
yes, i do.

You and me on the playground, after school by the sandbox.

Miller Time 07-01-2006 01:39 PM

Staal at 4-5 million for the next three years???
What a steal for the canes!!!

Staal is arguably one of the best players in the league right now and he's only 21...
I don't know if this was the max amount he could make based on the CBA, but if not, his agent really sucks and Gainey needs to find out what other players are managed by that guy...

Rutherford is looking pretty slick right now if you ask me... Meanwhile Gainey locks up Bouillion at almost 2 mill per, and Huet for 3mill per (which seems to be the ceiling most people were willing to spend on him)... C'mon Bob, show us something, anything!