HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   That's it (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=265556)

Kearney 07-01-2006 07:39 PM

That's it

Rob Blake!?!?!

My loyalty does have an iota of integrity, and LA Kings: you just lost it forever.

Nice knowing you guys here: I won't be around anymore.

I have a couple of jerseys available: PM me. They might have some vomit on them however.

kingsfan25 07-01-2006 07:52 PM

Funny...I always thought Spongebob would be the first to crack.

Mindcircus 07-01-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kearney
Rob Blake!?!?!

**** you Dean Lombardi. And all the rest of you. You can suck it.

This is how you treat a loyal fan base? **** you. My loyalty does have an iota of integrity, and LA Kings: you just lost it forever.

I have a couple of jerseys available: PM me. They might have some vomit on them however.

You wouldn't happen to be one of the Kings fans that booed Blake, would you?

AnThGrt 07-01-2006 07:53 PM

Lol we sign a top defender and this is the reaction.... People and their grudges not even giving the player a chance

Live in the Now 07-01-2006 07:54 PM

Go

Watch Rob Blake lead this team to the playoffs and a decent run.

You guys would **** yourselves. This isn't the same LA Kings team anymore.
________
mexico city hotels

riseandfall9 07-01-2006 07:54 PM

Funny how things turn out....The Kings offered him 6 Million a season, he said NAW and went to Colorado and came back 4 years later at 6 Million a season. ROFL. Thats like "Hey Mr. I want to buy that soda but i only have 25 cents" - "Store owner opens the soda takes a few sips and says there is 25 cents worth"

Legionnaire 07-01-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riseandfall9
Funny how things turn out....The Kings offered him 6 Million a season, he said NAW and went to Colorado and came back 4 years later at 6 Million a season. ROFL. Thats like "Hey Mr. I want to buy that soda but i only have 25 cents" - "Store owner opens the soda takes a few sips and says there is 25 cents worth"

Actually, the Kings offered him 8.25 million a season. He signed with Colorado for 8.75. THAT is why we(Kings fans) took it as a big FU, and a lot of people booed him.

Willard 07-01-2006 08:07 PM

Blake's rebellion was against the Dave Taylor Kings. These are now the Dean Lombardi Kings.

Get over it.

Osprey 07-01-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

F--- you Dean Lombardi. And all the rest of you in the organization. You can suck it.

This is how you treat a loyal fan base? F--- you. My loyalty does have an iota of integrity, and LA Kings: you just lost it forever.

Do "loyal" fans act like this? This is the opposte of loyalty that you're displaying. Generally, I like you as a poster, Kearney, but if you're going to act so childishly, so long...

Glockaxis 07-01-2006 08:15 PM

+1 on that Willard.

Ranma 07-01-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Rob Blake!?!?!

F--- you Dean Lombardi. And all the rest of you in the organization. You can suck it.

This is how you treat a loyal fan base? F--- you. My loyalty does have an iota of integrity, and LA Kings: you just lost it forever.

:clap: You said it, soul brother! I don't know about the rest of you guys (and gals), but I sure as heck am not going to be grateful for a guy who stabbed me in the back just because he happens to wear a Kings sweater again. F' Rob Blake and F' the decision-makers who allowed this to happen!

p.s. Loyalty is a two-way street. I'll show it to those who give me the same consideration, whether it be player or organization.

Osprey 07-01-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Actually, the Kings offered him 8.25 million a season. He signed with Colorado for 8.75. THAT is why we(Kings fans) took it as a big FU, and a lot of people booed him.

He not only signed for more; he signed with a contender. This isn't new. It's actually quite common... but many of you think that he owed it to all of you to wallow in mediocrity and missing the playoffs instead of taking what could be (and probably was) his best and only chance to win a Cup.

KingsFan7824 07-01-2006 08:34 PM

Not a fan of how he handled his captaincy here. It's been a while since I thought about it, but if I remember correctly he voluntarily gave up the C(though he did keep it before getting traded) because they wouldn't sign him to an extension before that particular season started. If anything, that made things worse, and didn't help in the distraction department.

Should be an interesting first home game though.

Ziggy Stardust 07-01-2006 08:57 PM

Thanks for sharing your ignorance. You might have a more enjoyable time cheering for the Ducks.

TubbyTerrion* 07-01-2006 09:02 PM

Cheering for the Ducks is a given... IF you want to cheer for a winning team. By signing Rob Blake, the Kings, ONCE AGAIN, fall into the "black hole" that Dean Lombardi mentioned on draft day. They suck... but they don't suck bad enough to be standing at the podium as Bettman announces the team that has the #1, #2 or #3 pick. Look for another draft choice around #10 next year.

Oh, and by the way... I never booed this guy once, but I'll be honest, having watched the Kings not give uniform #4 away for the past few seasons, I always knew he'd be back... like it or not.

What this does is give the visceral Kings fan a "star" to cheer for. Blake jersey sales... UP.

Legionnaire 07-01-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
He not only signed for more; he signed with a contender. This isn't new. It's actually quite common... but many of you think that he owed it to all of you to wallow in mediocrity and missing the playoffs instead of taking what could be (and probably was) his best and only chance to win a Cup.

Yeah. Right. It was a money move plain and simple. Had the Avs not given him the money he wanted he would have been gone as soon as July 1st rolled around. Don't kid yourself.

We had several deals in place in principal. We had one that was a 4 year 7.25 deal that would have made him the second highest paid D-man until Pronger signed his mega deal. Then after we upped it an entire million dollars he took off his "C" and demanded a trade. Yes, Osprey. You're right it was about playing for a contender :shakehead

Sybil227 07-01-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma
:clap: You said it, soul brother! I don't know about the rest of you guys (and gals), but I sure as heck am not going to be grateful for a guy who stabbed me in the back just because he happens to wear a Kings sweater again. F' Rob Blake and F' the decision-makers who allowed this to happen!

p.s. Loyalty is a two-way street. I'll show it to those who give me the same consideration, whether it be player or organization.

I alway booed Blakey - but the loyalty thing doesn't matter much to me - they're pros. I hate this deal because he's 37 & looked old & slow last year. Not a good place to spend money as far as I'm concerned.

Skebo 07-01-2006 10:11 PM

The facts are:
1. He left the Kings
2. He won the Cup
3. He's back

Why did he leave the Kings? Was it for a little extra cash or was it for the Cup? We will never really know, but ask yourself... Why stay for less cash and a lesser chance to win the Cup? Would you stay at your job for less money and less chance for advancement? Let's all be realistic. Who do you work for, yourself or your employer? There is no such thing as job loyalty. It's about getting PAID!!! This is the U.S., and it's about making money and living in a big house with an ocean view. It's called Capitalism.

Osprey 07-01-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227
I hate this deal because he's 37...

FYI, he's 36.

I agree, Skebo. Unfortunately, fans usually don't change teams, so they expect the players to be the same way. Most players don't have the same loyalty to teams that fans do. It's nice when they do, but the overwhelming majority don't. That's because, to the players, it's business; to the fans, it's entertainment. These are two completely different institutions and it's incredibly hard for each to relate to the other (and unfair to expect it).

ExplosionsintheGine 07-02-2006 02:51 AM

Kearny you are sad go cry more please...:cry:

King'sPawn 07-02-2006 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion (Post 5883775)
By signing Rob Blake, the Kings, ONCE AGAIN, fall into the "black hole" that Dean Lombardi mentioned on draft day. They suck... but they don't suck bad enough to be standing at the podium as Bettman announces the team that has the #1, #2 or #3 pick. Look for another draft choice around #10 next year.

This is what worries me. I honestly don't believe we're in a position to contend for the cup this year, but we signed a player that's good enough to help us win a few extra games, but not enough games to make the playoffs.

Plus, I honestly question if he's the type of leader this team needs.

Belanger25 07-02-2006 03:46 AM

The Sky is falling the Sky is falling!

guzmania 07-02-2006 08:10 AM

I booed -with a smile on my face. That was one of the funniest jokes for the last 5 odd years.

Wrong guy, wrong price, I could be wrong.

We've substituted Blake for Corvo and Sopel for Dempsey. We're much better on the blueline and that will make Garon much better.

Welcome home Brandy.

Dooney 07-02-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skebo (Post 5884216)
The facts are:
1. He left the Kings
2. He won the Cup
3. He's back

Why did he leave the Kings? Was it for a little extra cash or was it for the Cup? We will never really know, but ask yourself... Why stay for less cash and a lesser chance to win the Cup? Would you stay at your job for less money and less chance for advancement? Let's all be realistic. Who do you work for, yourself or your employer? There is no such thing as job loyalty. It's about getting PAID!!! This is the U.S., and it's about making money and living in a big house with an ocean view. It's called Capitalism.

Nothing wrong with that. I think he'll play better now that his wife and family is glad to be back in LA. He did what he needed to do and I think he's ready to try and do it for LA now. However, I'm not a mindreader so I can't say forsure.

Is this enough to make Garon better? I don't know. Do we need to try and get a more seasoned goalie? Don't know. I guess DL has those answers.

Old Hickory 07-02-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skebo (Post 5884216)
The facts are:
1. He left the Kings
2. He won the Cup
3. He's back

Why did he leave the Kings? Was it for a little extra cash or was it for the Cup?

He left the Kings because he was traded