HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   what a crazy day (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=265593)

Pat 07-01-2006 09:49 PM

what a crazy day

-all sorts of UFA signings
-Brazil losing
-Portugal winning

this board was sluggish all day...hard to read and post ;)

HABitual 07-01-2006 11:38 PM

and just like last summer, Bob Gainey doing squat :shakehead

davey999 07-01-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitual

U don't consider signing Bouillon something? :biglaugh:

JohnnyB11 07-01-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Didn't BG lock up Kovalev long-term last summer? Hardly 'squat'...

Look, sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. Some of those contracts today were whacked! WAY too high, and that's how a team can get crippled in a hurry. Just because BG didn't sign someone today and give you a chance to cheer means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. :shakehead

Le Tricolore 07-01-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/Montreal/photo...v_alex0531.jpg

BlackMarvel 07-01-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb45

he has the owned noob face too lol :propeller

znk 07-01-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb45

:biglaugh: Great pic.

hototogisu 07-01-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

If you don't sign a big name to a huge contract within the first 12 hours you're "doing squat"?

znk 07-01-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Habs spent all day trying to get Elias.

ForsbergForever 07-01-2006 11:53 PM

Well he failed to get him and thats what counts isn't it? I don't want to sound like the sky is falling but the bottom line is so long as 21, 273 people attend each home game, the on ice product will be just good enough not to finish last.

sXe 07-01-2006 11:56 PM

I'm glad someone finally said that the sky is falling.

Habsaku 07-01-2006 11:56 PM

this is so tireing, why does everyone always assume every year that UFA signings means success when its almost always proven that its the opposite. Is it just another reason to complain and *****? Honestly, a straightforward reply would be awesome.

There are still some UFAs left, personally, I just want a decent 2nd line center.

znk 07-01-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever
Well he failed to get him and thats what counts isn't it? I don't want to sound like the sky is falling but the bottom line is so long as 21, 273 people attend each home game, the on ice product will be just good enough not to finish last.

Well there is a simple solution to that....if ppl dont like the team...there are 29 other teams.

goalchenyuk 07-02-2006 08:18 AM

You don't understand that Gainey didn't sign any players yesterday , because he wasn't working ?!?

common guys , It was the CANADA DAY ; As a good Canadian , Gainey was probably singing the O CANADA somewhere in a crowd .

Pat 07-02-2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v (Post 5886394)
You don't understand that Gainey didn't sign any players yesterday , because he wasn't working ?!?

common guys , It was the CANADA DAY ; As a good Canadian , Gainey was probably singing the O CANADA somewhere in a crowd .

he should've been signing instead of singing ;)

SOLR 07-02-2006 08:21 AM

Still many days remaining, Arnott,Shanny still out there. We lost the Elias batlle, so what? We didnt loose the war.

Russeltown 07-02-2006 09:52 AM

We also have Prospects that are NHL-Ready.

I'd prefer Kostitsyn @ less than a million, who can put up around 45 points.. than a fat 5M$ contract for 50 pts and a big name

Le Tricolore 07-02-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMarvel (Post 5885164)
he has the owned noob face too lol :propeller

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2182/kovytard4ta.jpg ?

how about this? It's not very good.. but I didn't know what else to write.

Frankc 07-02-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 (Post 5885146)
Look, sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. Some of those contracts today were whacked! WAY too high, and that's how a team can get crippled in a hurry. Just because BG didn't sign someone today and give you a chance to cheer means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. :shakehead

I totally agree with you Johnny, I prefer to see Bob do nothing instead of giving way to high contract to players that don't deserve it.. Kubina@5, Chara@7.5, Jovo@6.5, McKee@4, etc etc.. are jokes! In my opinion, there's only 2 players yesterday that were paid what they deserve.. Savard and Elias. But Elias wanted to stay in NJ, we could have got more somewhere else, but maybe not for a 7 years contract.

Plus, we need to keep some space in our payroll for the trade deadline, it's a this moment you need to get key player because you really know what you need. We'll laugh really hard at team like NJ, Tor, Boston and other teams when it will be the trade deadline and they won't have any cap space to acquire what they really need.

Finally, people also need to consider the fact that most of the ufas gone are defencemen, and it's not the main priority in Montreal, we all know that the first need is a second center or a first and put Koivu on the second. So like you, i'm really happy that Bob didn't make a move.