HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Question for orange-and-black faithful (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26560)

dedalus 11-08-2003 11:53 AM

Question for orange-and-black faithful

As reported in today's NY Post:

"Asked whether he might be pushing his return - he's had only one practice that involved contact - because of the opponent, Lindros laughed.

'Don't you think we've gone a bit beyond this Flyer thing?' he asked, leaving that as his answer."

Generally speaking, has Flyer fandom moved on from the whole Lindros thingie?

blah 11-08-2003 12:09 PM

I think everybody is happy w/ the return. Everybody is over Rolen too.

SouthFlyer82 11-08-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
As reported in today's NY Post:

"Asked whether he might be pushing his return - he's had only one practice that involved contact - because of the opponent, Lindros laughed.

'Don't you think we've gone a bit beyond this Flyer thing?' he asked, leaving that as his answer."

I am somewhat over it. I hate him now because he plays on one of the most hated teams, not as much as what he did here.

John Flyers Fan 11-08-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus

I would say yes for the most part. Only reason why there is anything left is because he plays for the Rangers.

If he was a member of the Predators or something like that, it would be long gone by now.

Nikkowar 11-08-2003 01:17 PM

yeah,I'm over it. now,I didn't know so much about it,but I'm over it.
Now about Rolen,there's still a part of me that's asking him to come back

Flyers26 11-08-2003 04:04 PM

Personally, I've been over it since the Stevens hit.
He's a shell of his former self, and fits in perfect with the Rag$!

Dedulas...

he's all yours! Enjoy him! He could be gone at any moment.

Dr Love 11-08-2003 04:11 PM

We're over it. The question is, is he over it.

blah 11-08-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
yeah,I'm over it. now,I didn't know so much about it,but I'm over it.
Now about Rolen,there's still a part of me that's asking him to come back

Thome>>>>>>>Rolen.

Toonces 11-08-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
We're over it. The question is, is he over it.

:joker:

I've been over it for a very long time.

Gagne2433 11-08-2003 07:04 PM

I can just draw comparisons between McNabb and Lindros somewhat. I mean, if Clarke/Snider add some depth to the Lindros teams as well as a legit startin goaltender, then Lindros and the Flyers would have easily won atleast one Stanley Cup. Lindros, while a Flyer, really had no one around him and in comparison with McNabb, we may never know how good this guy is without a legit wide receiver to pass to.

I, personally, am must unhappy to see such a talented almost waste the talent he was given. I wish things would have been different.

But that being said, I do not hold a grudge against Lindros personally. I hold a grudge against the Eric Lindros who is a NY Ranger, not the guy who used to be a Flyer.

BrindA17 11-09-2003 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagne2433
I mean, if Clarke/Snider add some depth to the Lindros teams as well as a legit startin goaltender, then Lindros and the Flyers would have easily won atleast one Stanley Cup.

I can't help but to bulk at this statement.

Maybe if Lindros showed to up to some more games, they would have won more games. 1997 cup run....leading goal scorer was Brind'Amour. 2000 playoff run....Boucher plays incredibly and Lindros plays a total of 2 games.

Lindros wasn't the Flyers' best player in either of the long playoff runs.