HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pick your villain ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26667)

igor* 11-08-2003 07:51 PM

Pick your villain ...
 
So, who do you think is the biggest jerk in the Comrie debacle?

I know a lot of people would like to pick 2 or 4 of the players ... but I'm limiting you to just one pick here :)

Oilers Hockey 11-08-2003 07:52 PM

Rich Winters, although I wish there was a way to pick both Comrie and Winters...but I still blame Winters for being the "Wormtongue" of this whole debacle.

Mizral 11-08-2003 08:29 PM

I don't think either sides are being 'jerks'.

I think it's just becoming painfully clear to the Comrie camp that they just weren't all that happy in Edmonton (hey, just because he wasn't happy there doesn't necessarily mean he's a terrible person), and Lowe is taking eons to realize it and move him along. On the other hand, none of this would have happened if Comrie kept his head down & played.

I don't think Winter has been a jerk at all. He wouldn't be doing his job if he signed Comrie to play with Lowe. I think he's tried to help Lowe move Comrie & get things done.

gretzky2kurri 11-08-2003 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
I don't think either sides are being 'jerks'.

I think it's just becoming painfully clear to the Comrie camp that they just weren't all that happy in Edmonton (hey, just because he wasn't happy there doesn't necessarily mean he's a terrible person), and Lowe is taking eons to realize it and move him along. On the other hand, none of this would have happened if Comrie kept his head down & played.

I don't think Winter has been a jerk at all. He wouldn't be doing his job if he signed Comrie to play with Lowe. I think he's tried to help Lowe move Comrie & get things done.

How is Lowe "taking eons to realize it and move him along"? If you are Lowe, who is this about....the Oilers or Mike Comrie?

How do you know these things Miz? It's quite possible that Lowe knew MC wasn't coming back long before the press did. I think he realized quite a while ago.

I really don't know how people can say Lowe is dragging his feet on this.......unless you're his personal assistant or something.

Lowe doesn't need to worry about Comries patience. He owes Mike NOTHING at this point.

Comrie says sitting out right now helps his future. WELL........Kevin Lowe waiting for the right offer, really helps the TEAMS future too.

As far as Lowe is concerned....this is only about the Edmonton Oilers and NOT Mike Comrie anymore.

Cujo_31 11-08-2003 10:00 PM

Comrie.

ZIM 11-09-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igor
So, who do you think is the biggest jerk in the Comrie debacle?

I know a lot of people would like to pick 2 or 4 of the players ... but I'm limiting you to just one pick here :)

You forgot one serious possibility - MacT

igor* 11-09-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
How is Lowe "taking eons to realize it and move him along"? If you are Lowe, who is this about....the Oilers or Mike Comrie?

How do you know these things Miz? It's quite possible that Lowe knew MC wasn't coming back long before the press did. I think he realized quite a while ago.

I really don't know how people can say Lowe is dragging his feet on this.......unless you're his personal assistant or something.

Lowe doesn't need to worry about Comries patience. He owes Mike NOTHING at this point.

Comrie says sitting out right now helps his future. WELL........Kevin Lowe waiting for the right offer, really helps the TEAMS future too.

As far as Lowe is concerned....this is only about the Edmonton Oilers and NOT Mike Comrie anymore.

Well said, G2K. I'm on exactly the same page as you on this Comrie thing. And looking at the results of this poll ... it seems fair to say that most people are.

rabi_sultan 11-09-2003 03:47 PM

plain and simple winters is doing as his client tells him. in otherwords comrie is to blame g2k is 100% right imo.

btw ZIM why MacT wots the reasoning/evidence behind that statement ?

Narnia 11-09-2003 03:50 PM

The way Comrie played, he deserved to be on the 4th line. Comrie should realize that he has to earn the ice time and not have it handed to him on a silver spoon. I don't think Comrie is better than a 2nd liner and that's because of his size.

ZIM 11-09-2003 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
btw ZIM why MacT wots the reasoning/evidence behind that statement ?

It's been alluded to in other threads but the speculation is that part of MacT's reluctance to resign this summer had to do with Comrie. The rumor was that MacT didn't think the Oilers could win with the team they had, one could guess Comrie and his attitude for exmple. If Lowe told MacT he would handle it that could explain why Lowe is taking a very hard line - MacT doesn't want Comrie on the team and that was the price for hiring MacT.

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION. NO ONE REALLY KNOWS.

Anyway, I thought that if MacT were added to the poll we could find out how many people consider the speculation plausible.

HOZ 11-09-2003 05:31 PM

With taped up ankles HOZ jumps fromthe Salo bandwagon...

Definitely Salos fault. He is faulted for everything else why not this? I am sure he had something to do with Comrie's decision.

Lowetide 11-09-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
With taped up ankles HOZ jumps fromthe Salo bandwagon...

Definitely Salos fault. He is faulted for everything else why not this? I am sure he had something to do with Comrie's decision.


I blame Barry Fraser. He's RICH, spent his WINTERs in Mexico, and drafted COMRIE.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Narnia 11-09-2003 06:00 PM

Yeah, Blame Barry Fraser. He was living in Mexico and drafted Comrie. Can't blame Salo as he's a goalie and not a scout but Barry Fraser was head scout when Comrie was drafted. Could we also blame Slats for this? :lol: After all he was GM at the time Comrie was drafted.

USC Trojans 11-09-2003 08:14 PM

God I miss Doug Weight.

kraigus 11-10-2003 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1
God I miss Doug Weight.

I'll see your Weight and raise you Steven Rice and Jimmy Carson.

I voted Comrie; if it was all Winters, Comrie could say Rich, yer fired, I want a new agent. (Doesn't mean I disagree with lowetide that Comrie is getting bad advice from somewhere though. I'm not sure he isn't. I am sure that he's of the age of majority, has made a decision, and gets to take responsibility for it, regardless of his reasons why.)

(As far as ZIM's contention that it *could* be MacT - perhaps, but that would put the ball back onto Lowe, as if MacT said it's him or me, Lowe obviously decided it's Comrie that gets the gate.)

gb701 11-10-2003 03:53 PM

1/2 a vote for each of Comrie and Winter - Comrie for the swelled head whose feelings got hurt because he wasn't given the positive reinforcement he wanted, and Winter because he didn't hit the kid upside the head with a shovel and make him accepting the qualifying offer that would have paid him more than he is worth, more than he will now accept, and at least have had him playing and earning a salary.

Let's see where it leaves Comrie - no salary this year, then a strike keeps him out next year - he will have to try to make a team!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.