HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings after Anson Carter...? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=266718)

Albi 07-04-2006 12:18 AM

Kings after Anson Carter...?

According to TSN
The Leafs and Kings are among the three or four teams seriously interested in Carter. Brisson told TSN that he hopes to have a deal in place by the end of the week.

link

jt 07-04-2006 12:27 AM

As long as MC vouches for him being a good character player. And he keeps his mind on hockey and not his post hockey career (movie producing), then bring him back. I thought they should have brought him back for this season.

Beauty, eh? 07-04-2006 12:29 AM

Dear God no....

willie 07-04-2006 12:33 AM

There are worse alternatives. Some people think about these potential moves far too emotionally (often based on faulty premises..) and not rationally enough. But I would prefer a reclamation project ala Nolan or Lindros who I think have higher upside. (albeit with greater bust potential)

And I agree with JT on the fact that we probably should have signed him last off-season. Would have saved us Tambellini. (as Carter and Parrish are practically clones in terms of what they bring to the table)

Live in the Now 07-04-2006 12:38 AM

I'd like to say that when I was talking to one of the people that posts here on AIM, I said that this was very likely in my mind.

Beauty, eh? 07-04-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie (Post 5912748)
There are worse alternatives. Some people think about these potential moves far too emotionally (often based on faulty premises..) and not rationally enough. But I would prefer a reclamation project ala Nolan or Lindros who I think have higher upside. (albeit with greater bust potential)

I would take Nolan over Carter, definitely.

Osprey 07-04-2006 12:48 AM

Something tells me that Crawford thinks that Carter could do with two of the Kings' youngsters what he did with the Sedins. Perhaps an O'Sullivan-Kopitar-Carter line?

I agree with willie that I think that I'd prefer Nolan or Lindros because of greater upside and slightly better leadership, but I wouldn't argue with Crawford's and Lombardi's decision.

I also agree that re-signing him last Summer would've been a good decision. I supported the idea and defended Carter at the time, though I knew that it wouldn't happen. He sure had a comeback year.

ExplosionsintheGine 07-04-2006 12:52 AM

Carter scored 33 goals becuase he was on a line with Bertuzzi and Naslund.

anguscertified 07-04-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie018 (Post 5912896)

you mean Sedin/Sedin, right?

RightKinger 07-04-2006 12:57 AM

I would rather take a chance on a guy like Lindros, Nolan, Allison or Peca who would all come cheap than sign Carter to a fat long term deal.

ExplosionsintheGine 07-04-2006 12:58 AM

Oh nm, he still meh idk im not to sure about him hes eh.

johnjm22 07-04-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

I thought he was on a line with the Sedins.

ExplosionsintheGine 07-04-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 5912963)
I thought he was on a line with the Sedins.

I guess he was I thought he was with B and N though. Swore I watched a few Knucks games and he was on a line with them.

savemefromtears 07-04-2006 01:04 AM

i had to copy and paste my message from LGK because it will hurt my brain too much to re-type it:

oh. my. goodness.

first it's *****ing Blake now its Anson Carter???

seriously, if I have to swear on anything that is Holy (swearing is bad, my bad), I will honestly, and devoutly, no longer take a keen interest in the Los Angeles Kings if they get back Anson Carter.

Dear Lord -

What has this world come to?

Josh Deitell 07-04-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie018 (Post 5912987)
I guess he was I thought he was with B and N though. Swore I watched a few Knucks games and he was on a line with them.

Morrison centered that line ;)

savemefromtears 07-04-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie018 (Post 5912987)

haha no way man. alyways with the brothers. actually made a good line between the trio.

ExplosionsintheGine 07-04-2006 01:08 AM

Oh haha he still sucks though. :D

Static 07-04-2006 01:10 AM

Would he come back to LA? NHLers are so superstitious that I would be really suprised if he ever willingly visits LA again.

The Judge 07-04-2006 01:14 AM

Quote:

Exactly!!!!

I would prefer the Kings go after Samsanov or Recchi.

The Judge 07-04-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savemefromtears (Post 5912994)
i had to copy and paste my message from LGK because it will hurt my brain too much to re-type it:

oh. my. goodness.

first it's *****ing Blake now its Anson Carter???

seriously, if I have to swear on anything that is Holy (swearing is bad, my bad), I will honestly, and devoutly, no longer take a keen interest in the Los Angeles Kings if they get back Anson Carter.

Dear Lord -

What has this world come to?

If true....I am starting not to like DL the way he's running things :madfire:

Beauty, eh? 07-04-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Static (Post 5913027)
Would he come back to LA? NHLers are so superstitious that I would be really suprised if he ever willingly visits LA again.

He lives in LA in the offseason.

Osprey 07-04-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Static (Post 5913027)

Maybe, but he loves L.A. and always wanted to play here. I think that he'd love to return, especially with Crawford and a very different team. Think of it this way: he may be too superstitious to risk playing for someone other than Crawford, the coach that he owes his comeback to. I think that that may be a stronger force than being afraid of returning to the team.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Judge (Post 5913050)
Exactly!!!!

Tip for Judge: read the whole thread before replying ;)

Live in the Now 07-04-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Judge (Post 5913050)
Exactly!!!!

I would prefer the Kings go after Samsanov or Recchi.

Have you seen the rumors of what Samsonov has been offered? No thanks.

multiball 07-04-2006 01:33 AM

I liked Anson Carter. Unfortunately, his time here was downright horrible and injury-marred. Let's also remember that he was plugged into a plumbers role by Andy Murray. But if he thinks he's worth 3 million per as the article states, I'd advise him not to take any more of the brown acid.

He's obviously got something left in the tank, but his stats are probably slightly inflated by lining up with the brothers all year.

2 yr 3.75kk contract if I'm DL. Sadly, I'm not. :)

The VEGASKING 07-04-2006 01:35 AM

of all the recent trade deadline busts Carter was about the only one I wouldn't have re-signed. he won't have linemates like the Sedin sisters to play with here and will be a bust again.