HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Roche on waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26677)

aylib 11-08-2003 08:48 PM

Roche on waivers

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4201705.html

Just before the game, Wild General Manager Doug Risebrough decided to put defenseman Travis Roche on waivers.

Roche failed to bring much offense to the defensive corps. He didn't have a point in the preseason. Roche, who played last season with Houston of the American Hockey League, dressed for only five of the Wild's first 14 regular-season games, picking up one point. He was a minus-3.

thestonedkoala 11-08-2003 08:53 PM

I knew Roche was out when Henry came in...

Hecht 11-08-2003 09:09 PM

awesome..it' will move marshall to the press box when he comes to houston... thanks DOUG!

btw..does that mean the Wild will have to worry about only one roster spot when burns comes back from the IR?

DW 11-09-2003 04:23 AM

Now what are we going to do? We have two slugs that play the same style in Brown and Henry. I guess they can alternate healthy scratches. Hopefully they have a plan somewhere in shoring up the D position down the road. :shakehead

GaborikRules10!!! 11-09-2003 08:12 AM

So Long Travis!
Good Luck in Houston!!!

Dan-o 11-10-2003 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hecht

btw..does that mean the Wild will have to worry about only one roster spot when burns comes back from the IR?

It should as far as I know. Zholi and Burns were on the IR when Gabby and Dupuis came back. There should be one more move to make early this week. It'll have to be a forward. We need 7 d-men.

Surly Furious 11-10-2003 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
Now what are we going to do? We have two slugs that play the same style in Brown and Henry. I guess they can alternate healthy scratches. Hopefully they have a plan somewhere in shoring up the D position down the road. :shakehead

Henry looks tons better to me than Brown - he can skate, and has a clue offensively. I liked what I saw fron him last weekend, other than the odd brain fart or two.

CechMY5HOLEman-ek! 11-10-2003 09:14 AM

My opinion of Henry has also changed a bit since he arrived. I think he has looked better as he's played more. My book is still out on the guy but I look highly on his physical play and I love the way he went after Ruutu (immediately after the hit on Brandner). That's exactly what I want to see out of a player like him.

DW 11-10-2003 11:16 AM

Has nothing to do with pysical play and everything to do with this team needing skill at the D position. I agree that Henry has played better in the last few games. However, he won't play much more then the 11+min. he already plays. This team has no future depth other then other teams waiver players. It's kind of scary if you think that the Wild can pick up waiver players and make use out of them. It says a whole lot about the depth especially at the D spot.

DW 11-10-2003 12:22 PM

I just checked the Star Tribune and they had an article on Burns. It seems he's likely to stay with the team for the season. So, let the speculation begin, again. :p

vitogor 11-10-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
I just checked the Star Tribune and they had an article on Burns. It seems he's likely to stay with the team for the season. So, let the speculation begin, again. :p

I'll begin the speculation if I may ;) I think Darby will finally be gone.

theo6060 11-10-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #16
I'll begin the speculation if I may ;) I think Darby will finally be gone.

But then who will be the Minnesota born on the team?????? :p

Hecht 11-10-2003 01:49 PM

maybe we can coax Chris McAlpine out of retirement.

Other minnesotans we can grab..

Dave Snuggarud
Todd Elik
Any of the Broten brothers
Phil Housley
Brian Bonin
Joel Otto

They're all reclimation projects.. they'll fit in just fine

DW 11-11-2003 11:07 AM

Holy cow, Todd Elik. That's pretty scary. The only problem with bringing in another 'sotan is you would still have to make another roster move. That's a whole list of locals I wouldn't touch with a 20' pole, let alone a 10' pole. Besieds, we still have Mike Erickson in the mix. :rolly:

jiggs 10 11-11-2003 11:21 AM

It's too bad the coaching staff made this move. Roche is better at moving the puck than 3 of the other D-men on the team (Mitchell, Brown, and take-your-pick), and is a good power play quarterback. He should have at least got some time on the second unit for that. Maybe Minnesota should trade him if they refuse to use him?

Good luck in Houston (again) from a guy in North Dakota, Travis.

vitogor 11-11-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggs 10
It's too bad the coaching staff made this move. Roche is better at moving the puck than 3 of the other D-men on the team (Mitchell, Brown, and take-your-pick), and is a good power play quarterback. He should have at least got some time on the second unit for that. Maybe Minnesota should trade him if they refuse to use him?

Good luck in Houston (again) from a guy in North Dakota, Travis.

Roche was a great college player, he is a very good AHL player, but hasn't turned any heads at the NHL level to say the least. Lemaire is pretty fair, he'll give everybody his share of chances, but you better take advantage of those opportunities. Roche hasn't. Maybe the Wild is just not his team. :dunno: He is now on waivers, so if any team thinks he is worth a roster spot, they don't even have to give up anything in return.

Hecht 11-11-2003 07:22 PM

I forgot we have one of the riddle boys in the system.. we're fine.. Jake Riddle I believe

DW 11-12-2003 10:51 AM

Jake Riddle was not offered a contract. He is no longer a Wild prospect. He will be an UFA when he leaves the WHL.

Hecht 11-12-2003 12:46 PM

hmmm....Corey Millen anyone?

DW 11-12-2003 05:46 PM

Corey Millen? I whither in my poor chair thinking of this name. I can't handle anymore! Please, for the love of the Wild, no more. Hecht, have you no sympathy for this state. :p

Hecht 11-12-2003 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
Corey Millen? I whither in my poor chair thinking of this name. I can't handle anymore! Please, for the love of the Wild, no more. Hecht, have you no sympathy for this state. :p

I used to live in that state :rolly:

okay DW last 2

Lance Pitlick or Dan Trebil ;)

or we should trade for Dan Tanabe

aylib 11-13-2003 03:23 AM

How about Hinote instead?

ceber 11-13-2003 03:36 AM

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...ey/7248438.htm

Unclaimed, and judging from Riser's comments, I'd say there's a good chance he won't be back at all. Might be good for him to get a shot with a different team.

Quote:

Risebrough said Roche's chances of returning to the Wild this season are slim. Roche becomes an unrestricted free agent after the season.

"I only feel comfortable in recalling somebody if I know they're the best player at a position where they can help us,'' Risebrough said. "Roche has to put some emphasis on things.''

strib 11-13-2003 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...ey/7248438.htm

Unclaimed, and judging from Riser's comments, I'd say there's a good chance he won't be back at all. Might be good for him to get a shot with a different team.

As Jacques is fond of the old veterans I agree with the Wild board poster who says the next dman called up will be Marshall. Jacques will be happy and have the old gang back together soon. When he can't play his games with the vets anymore and has to start cutting them in large numbers he will go back into retirement.

aylib 11-13-2003 07:57 AM

Not anxiously awaiting Lemaire's retirement, but if that's the case then I wouldn't mind seeing more youngsters + the game opening up a little.