HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Blockbuster with Philadelhia....c'mon Bob, do it! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=266951)

Bugsy 07-04-2006 02:46 PM

Blockbuster with Philadelhia....c'mon Bob, do it!

Why the heck not??

Gagne played awesome last season! Granted, he was riding shotgun to the best playmaker in the league (sorry big Joe), but Gagne earned every goal he got last season! He is an awesome skater, strong in the corners and always first on the puck. He would look great on any team, especially Montreal.
The Habs should have drafted him but Houle decided to go with Chouinard because he was bigger and had a hockey pedigree (Chouinard's father was an NHLer). Even though the majority of people ranked Gagne higher than Chouinard, Houle gambled and lost big time!! Now, Gainey could have a chance to right the wrong by getting Gagne in a Habs jersey!

Now, I'm talking blockbuster, so it's not only Gagne the Habs should target. Jeff Carter is the guy the Habs need. I know he's close to untouchable, but everyone has a price. Carter may be a 1st line center of the future or he may just be a great 2nd liner, who knows. Clarke loves the guy, but if Gainey offered up the right package of players, prospects and picks, Carter could be moved.

So for Gagne and Carter, what would be a good package?

My idea would be:
To Mon: Gagne and Carter
To Phi: Souray, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Price and a 1st round pick

Thoughts............

Joey 07-04-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 5918368)
Why the heck not??

Gagne played awesome last season! Granted, he was riding shotgun to the best playmaker in the league (sorry big Joe), but Gagne earned every goal he got last season! He is an awesome skater, strong in the corners and always first on the puck. He would look great on any team, especially Montreal.
The Habs should have drafted him but Houle decided to go with Chouinard because he was bigger and had a hockey pedigree (Chouinard's father was an NHLer). Even though the majority of people ranked Gagne higher than Chouinard, Houle gambled and lost big time!! Now, Gainey could have a chance to right the wrong by getting Gagne in a Habs jersey!

Now, I'm talking blockbuster, so it's not only Gagne the Habs should target. Jeff Carter is the guy the Habs need. I know he's close to untouchable, but everyone has a price. Carter may be a 1st line center of the future or he may just be a great 2nd liner, who knows. Clarke loves the guy, but if Gainey offered up the right package of players, prospects and picks, Carter could be moved.

My idea would be:

Thoughts............

We have a thread for this..

Whynks 07-04-2006 02:48 PM

As a Flyers fan, there is no way I do that. Gagne, sure, but there is no way I'd trade Carter right now.

Mooch 07-04-2006 02:48 PM

There goes 3\4 of our prospects.........

ti-vite 07-04-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch (Post 5918400)
There goes 3\4 of our prospects.........

4 out of 5 if you consider the first pick...

CrazyShea 07-04-2006 02:54 PM

No way we give up price no freaking way.

zednik20 07-04-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 5918368)
Why the heck not??

My idea would be:

Thoughts............

you forgot to put Latendresse, Chipchura, Higgins and Fischer in the deal...

Bugsy 07-04-2006 03:05 PM

To get something, you have to give up something!

The Habs still have 3 top end prospects:
Latendresse, Chipchura, Grabovsy

KaptainKourage* 07-04-2006 03:09 PM

why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :shakehead:

wholeshow* 07-04-2006 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Markov#79;5918698]why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :shakehead:[/QUOTE

lets trade 5 first rounders for 2. good trade for the habs? uh, no.

Bugsy 07-04-2006 03:13 PM

The Flyers don't want to trade him, I want the Flyers to trade him to the Habs!
That's the thing!

I'm just trying to make a value judgement, that's all. The Flyers, like any other team, have needs. Just trying to have some fun with the idea of making the Habs a better team without the crazy lopsided ideas.

KaptainKourage* 07-04-2006 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=hunjeebakala;5918769]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markov#79 (Post 5918698)
why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :shakehead:[/QUOTE

Dude, I think you quote the wrong person :help:

Whynks 07-04-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunjeebakala (Post 5918769)

So, you're basically saying you wouldn't trade Chipchura, Price, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, and a 1st round pick for Crosby and Ovechkin? Because 5 first rounders are are better than 2? Impressive thinking.

pwallll 07-04-2006 03:25 PM

Souray, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Price and a 1st round pick

you really wanna trade all that away?

i kno gagnes good and cater has a bright future in the nhl but thats a lot to give up. your loosing your top 3 prospects, one of your top defence men and a first round pick.

Marksman 07-04-2006 03:27 PM

I dont think Flyers would do it either. I mean trade their two more/less proven core players for second pairing dman and mostly unproven players. Building a winning team should be the objective, not trying to accumulate prospect and picks... :dunno:

kostitsyn1489 07-04-2006 03:38 PM

Wow... what a bad trade for the habs.

Kostitsyn is as good as Carter and have a bigger potencial and Perezhogin Souray Price 1st pick for Gagné. NO WAY!

wholeshow* 07-04-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whynks (Post 5918937)
So, you're basically saying you wouldn't trade Chipchura, Price, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, and a 1st round pick for Crosby and Ovechkin? Because 5 first rounders are are better than 2? Impressive thinking.

wow, good job at using an extreme to destroy my logic.

but lol @ gagne and carter being put in the same category as ovechkin and crosby. wow, you're a genius!

Price is a top 5 pick, neither gagne or carter were top 5 in their draft. How bad do the flyers need a quality goaltender in their system? Pretty damn bad. Who was the last goaltender the flyers had that was worth talking about? Ouellet? lol.

Kostitsyn was drafted ahead of carter, chipchura doesn't have the same offensive potential as carter but he beats carter in every other category. perezhogin and kostitsyn have incredible potential and are two players that can play on the habs right now, and we're not throwing them away.

carter is not crosby. lol

kostitsyn1489 07-04-2006 04:33 PM

Kostitsyn Perezhogin Price 1st pick and Souray for Crosby or Ovechkin. I think it's a pretty bad move... A player don't make a team. Ovechkin is great he's awesome he's insane but I don't think he's able to stop shot like Price or play D like Souray or have the ice time of Kostitsyn Peezogin and the 1st pick combine.

Pax Macioretty 07-04-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 5919747)
Kostitsyn Perezhogin Price 1st pick and Souray for Crosby or Ovechkin. I think it's a pretty bad move... A player don't make a team. Ovechkin is great he's awesome he's insane but I don't think he's able to stop shot like Price or play D like Souray or have the ice time of Kostitsyn Peezogin and the 1st pick combine.

:confused: i won't say anything or i'l get banned, #1 insane post ever:help:

way to go Bugsy, you made a fair-value not homer trade proposal:clap:

kostitsyn1489 07-04-2006 05:33 PM

I just joking but I still think then a player don't make a team now. So I still don't make the move...

les Habs 07-04-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 5919747)

You'd have to be on crack to not do this deal if you're the Habs. Ovechkin and Crosby are proven, Kostitsyn, Price and Perez are not. Also, I don't get all this Kostitsyn love. He's proved virtually nothing yet.

kostitsyn1489 07-04-2006 06:45 PM

Yeah but Perezhogin will be good I now that Kostitsyn will be awesome i'm pretty sure Price it's still unknown but He's all what it takes. The 1st pick I guess he'll be good. A guy like bobby Ryan He didn't prove anything right now but I don't think they want a guy like Zednik for him...

It still 5 guys for 1. At least 3 regular player 2 top 6 forward at least and a top 3 D-men + a potencial good #1 goalie + a player with good potencial. So I'll never accept to trade 4 good reguaslr player for a top player.

Kostitsyn is a potencial 40-50 goal and 90-100 points/Season. Perezhogin a 25-30 goal and 80 points/season Price a franchise goalie Souray a 15 goal by season. I know it's in the better case but it still they're top prospect.