HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Corey Locke (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=267161)

Booba 07-04-2006 11:11 PM

Corey Locke

Will he have to pass through waivers to play in the Ahl

NewHabsEra* 07-04-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booba (Post 5923932)

no...

Teufelsdreck 07-04-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booba (Post 5923932)

If he has to pass through waivers, any NHL team that claims him would have to protect him. Why would anyone want to do that with Locke?

habsprospects 07-04-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 5924022)
no...

but in two year, yes

Booba 07-04-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50 (Post 5924055)
but in two year, yes

OK thanks...

Booba 07-05-2006 09:21 AM

So which one/s of your AHLers has to pass through waivers to play with the Dogs?

LeMAD 07-05-2006 09:25 AM

No one who has any chances of getting picked by another team, since none of them are ready for the nhl...

Booba 07-05-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 5926690)
No one who has any chances of getting picked by another team, since none of them are ready for the nhl...

I heard Dannis had to pass through waivers :dunno:

Squeaky 07-05-2006 09:47 AM

As far as I know, Danis is the only player of interest who would have to clear waivers to play in Hamilton.

I expect the habs would just carry 3 goalies on the roster ala Buffalo rather than lose him for nothing.

Blind Gardien 07-05-2006 10:11 AM

Danis is the only one who may (or may not) have to clear waivers who might even remotely be considered close to the NHL. Cote would be pushing it, IMO. Nobody is going to care about Ferland or Milroy types. Our AHL cup was not exactly overflowething last season. (Primarily because so many players had just been moved up, of course). I'm not even worried about losing Danis if he does turn out to be waiver-eligible, though. Every team already has 2 or 3 goalies they've committed to who they'll prefer to keep. So it's pretty much a non-issue, IMO.

dd 07-05-2006 10:51 AM

no respect

Corey has overcome all obstacles in his hockey career, from Junior to the AHL.
Too slow, too small, slow shot, low draft pick,............ I guess Hab fans don't like underdogs!! He was one of the better players in Hamilton, one year out of Ottawa. Fans have been way more supportive and sympathetic to Hainsey, Hossa, and others, maybe because they were high picks.
Locke may not be a bona fide prospect, but he is still in the Habitant family, works hard and continues to play as hard as he can. Give him a break!

ToNedOuT 07-05-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd (Post 5927677)
Too slow, too small, slow shot, low draft pick,............ I guess Hab fans don't like underdogs!! He was one of the better players in Hamilton, one year out of Ottawa. Fans have been way more supportive and sympathetic to Hainsey, Hossa, and others, maybe because they were high picks.
Locke may not be a bona fide prospect, but he is still in the Habitant family, works hard and continues to play as hard as he can. Give him a break!

Umm....I don't think that was the case at all. If anything we've been harder on them because they were high picks and didn't really amount to much.

habsprospects 07-05-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booba (Post 5926642)
So which one/s of your AHLers has to pass through waivers to play with the Dogs?

Duncan Milroy
Jean-Philippe Côté
Jonathan Ferland
Yann Danis

Dr_Hook 07-05-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd (Post 5927677)

Maybe the fans were more sympathetic to Hossa and Hainsey (and others) cause they saw the big upside. It did not pan out but they were cause for hope. Locke may or may not have the best attitude in the world, I don't know (I've read contradicting reports on his work ethics) but he just ain't good enough skill wise (as you reminded us) for us to have any kind of expectations for him

Tuggy 07-05-2006 12:46 PM

Under the new CBA if a team picks up a player on waivers, don't they have to keep them with the big club for a certain amount of time?

habsprospects 07-05-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 5928243)
Under the new CBA if a team picks up a player on waivers, don't they have to keep them with the big club for a certain amount of time?

team cannot trade them or assign them if the waiver period isn't over, but that is only 24h during the week and 48h during weekend