HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yotes are on the hunt (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26731)

Dancing Chicken 11-09-2003 05:59 AM

Yotes are on the hunt
 
The Yotes GM seems to be hinting that a trade is coming ( I wil dig up the Links) but now with Johnson out for most of the year he said this to the AZ Central "Coyotes General Manager Mike Barnett said he and his staff have been looking at unsigned, unrestricted free agents and scouring various NHL rosters for a possible replacement."

Dose this mean the trades are off and looking for a FA Winger?? But whos on the market.. Last thing we need is a center.. Anybody else have ideas or heard anything..

DarkHorse 11-09-2003 06:07 AM

Meet Jason Wiemer.
He's probably your new forward any minute now.

CREW99AW 11-09-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
Meet Jason Wiemer.
He's probably your new forward any minute now.


Weimer's never scored more then 12/13 goals a yr.

I'd think the yotes would be looking for a kid like Comrie or even Parrish.

Buffaloed 11-09-2003 06:19 AM

Afinogenov?
Maybe that's why Max has been playing lately.
With Hecht slated coming off IR soon, Max could be on the move.

FacelessButcher 11-09-2003 06:20 AM

There was Comrie for Kolanos rumours not to long ago

PhoPhan 11-09-2003 06:54 AM

I don't understand why they don't just bring up Taffe and give him a shot.

Dancing Chicken 11-09-2003 07:29 AM

To be Honest I belive that one of our D or Goalie plus Taffe is what the Yotes are going to offer..

Trottier 11-09-2003 11:57 AM

Taffe
Ference or Knyazev

for

Parrish

This offer is based on the pure assumption that NYI looking for pare payroll instead of actually trying to compete near-term. :madfire:

Thalia 11-09-2003 12:36 PM

Maybe the 'Yotes will trade one of their goalies to Colorado, Edmonton or Calgary?

Quote:

Goalie deal?

Asked moments before Saturday night's game if he was any closer to trading one of his three goalies on the roster, Barnett offered an intriguing answer.

"Ask me on Monday," he said. "Nothing's probably going to happen (today), but check back with me on Monday."

If Phoenix continues to struggle, there is some thought in the organization that No. 1 goalie Sean Burke might be traded to a contender to squeeze the most value out of him. The general consensus, however, is that the Coyotes want to keep Burke and Zac Bierk and move Brian Boucher.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...tesnb1109.html

Dancing Chicken 11-09-2003 12:36 PM

True but the Yotes already have, Hirdina, Langkow, Gratton, Krys, Sillinger, Taffe

Reign Nateo 11-09-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Taffe
Ference or Knyazev

for

Parrish

This offer is based on the pure assumption that NYI looking for pare payroll instead of actually trying to compete near-term. :madfire:

Phoenix loses that deal big. Taffe has been one of the better players in the AHL and is just waiting for a shot. He will be a real good player. Way too much for Phoenix to give up to get a guy like Parrish.

hbk 11-09-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Phoenix loses that deal big. Taffe has been one of the better players in the AHL and is just waiting for a shot. He will be a real good player. Way too much for Phoenix to give up to get a guy like Parrish.

I don't think Phoenix is in a position to start dealing more members of their blueline after already dealing Numminen, Markov, and Simpson this season.

Trottier 11-09-2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Phoenix loses that deal big. Taffe has been one of the better players in the AHL and is just waiting for a shot. He will be a real good player. Way too much for Phoenix to give up to get a guy like Parrish.

Loses "big"? Yes, Taffe is producing in the AHL. Parrish is still young and is a proven 20-30 goal scorer in the NHL.

Could totally understand why one would suggest that the Coyotes would hold on to their young center and dmen. But it would also be nice if this bit of reality would be applied: You want talent, you have to give up talent. In today's NHL, proven 20-30 goal scorers who are in their mid-20s and not prohibitively expensive are assets.

Flamesfan 26 11-09-2003 02:21 PM

How about Mcammond for Boucher and a pick plus Pho eats some salary

Hoot 11-09-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
True but the Yotes already have, Hirdina, Langkow, Gratton, Krys, Sillinger, Taffe

Outside of Langkow we lack true quality. Krys and Taffe remain projects at this point. Hrdina, Gratton and Sillinger won't be better than they are now. We definitely need quality centers.

Reign Nateo 11-09-2003 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Loses "big"? Yes, Taffe is producing in the AHL. Parrish is still young and is a proven 20-30 goal scorer in the NHL.

Could totally understand why one would suggest that the Coyotes would hold on to their young center and dmen. But it would also be nice if this bit of reality would be applied: You want talent, you have to give up talent. In today's NHL, proven 20-30 goal scorers who are in their mid-20s and not prohibitively expensive are assets.

I agree with Parrish being a fairly expensive asset to aquire, but giving up 2 of your top prospects who are both very good, for a smallish winger with a healthy salary is not a good move for Phoenix to consider. Taffe and Knyazev are two very good prospects and to give up both of them for Parrish would mean they lost the deal, big.

PhoPhan 11-09-2003 04:59 PM

Agreed. If Parrish costs the Coyotes their number 1 defenseman prospect as well as their top producing forward prospect, they ought to look elsewhere. Taffe and Knyazev would bring much more than Parrish back.

Jon Burke 11-09-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
There are a couple centers on the block, Gomez, Comrie, and Weimer are ones that come to mind.

The Coyotes don't need a center.

Whinks 11-09-2003 05:07 PM

What would they give up for Gagne, i could see him in a Coyotes uniform.

Dancing Chicken 11-09-2003 05:15 PM

Savage then the two glass players can battle it out.. What about Gratton for Gomez?? I know its a center for ceter and we need wingers.. just a thought..

blah 11-09-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whinks
What would they give up for Gagne, i could see him in a Coyotes uniform.

Flyers would take the Yotes on one helluva ride in a Gagne deal.

thestonedkoala 11-09-2003 05:58 PM

Joe Callahan for Pascal Dupuis since Dupuis isn't worth a lot in this league since he's not a star...

The Hamburglar 11-09-2003 08:48 PM

Gratton seems like someone of interest to Edmonton if it wasn't for his salary. Too bad, I could've seen a Gratton and one of Suchy, Vaananen, Ference for Comrie trade work.

kolanos 11-09-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
How about Mcammond for Boucher and a pick plus Pho eats some salary

The McAmmond part is pretty much the "eats some salary".

donpaulo 11-10-2003 03:02 AM

yotes should call up sjostrom... unless he is hurt. Losing johnson is certainly bad, but they have enough depth at forward to cover the loss without having to make a deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.