HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Brian Boucher! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26775)

Bennevol10 11-09-2003 08:19 AM

Brian Boucher!

I heard Brian Boucher stop practicing with Coyotes. He is unhappy with PhoenixCoyotes management. He demanded a trade. What did he do in his career so far? Since the run he had with the Flyers in 2000 playoffs. Basically nothing. Is it just me that thinks he is not a team player and always a poison in the locker room. He expects Coyotes to treat him like #1 goalie but he sure don't play like one. I am glad Clarkie got rid off him. What were they thinking when they traded Handzus and Esche for Brian Boucher. I bet Coyotes management scratching their head right now... Esche might turn out to be a solid #1 goalie in NHL in few years.

Winston Wolf 11-09-2003 09:03 AM

I think the team wanted him to stop practicing with them, I'm not sure if that was his decision. I heard that Barnett already notified him he was trying to trade or waive him. I don't think he is unhappy with management, they said he was being highly professional about the situation.

Nikkowar 11-09-2003 10:00 AM

So why not get him back up here?

Dr Love 11-09-2003 10:15 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

No more Brian Boucher. He had a great run in the playoffs 3 years ago, and has done nothing since then. Look at his numbers, and look at his play since then. He's not better than the goalies we have. It makes absolutely no sense to reaquire him.

dedalus 11-09-2003 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify your position on this issue?

Brad* 11-09-2003 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify your position on this issue?

It's tough to say, but I think he'd be in favor of the Flyers re-acquiring Boucher.

Dr Love 11-09-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
It's tough to say, but I think he'd be in favor of the Flyers re-acquiring Boucher.

Damn. I guess I wasn't subtle enough.

Nikkowar 11-09-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

Damn. I guess I wasn't subtle enough.

I think you were

Dr Love 11-09-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
I think you were

I was being sarcastic.

Nikkowar 11-09-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

I was being sarcastic.

me too

MojoJojo 11-09-2003 04:50 PM

Every one who blasts Primeau, always cites the turning-against-Bill-Barber incident as proof of his bad character. Well guess what, Brian Boucher was the guy who started the blood letting. Not Primeau, not Recchi, not JR. He has stunk in Phoenix, letting in about an entire goal per game more than Burke last season. He isn't even an upgrade to Hackett.

Steve L* 11-10-2003 02:47 AM

He stinks, he is one of the worst 5 goalies in the league. I cant believe Im saying this but I prefer Hackett or Esche to him.

GKJ 11-11-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Every one who blasts Primeau, always cites the turning-against-Bill-Barber incident as proof of his bad character. Well guess what, Brian Boucher was the guy who started the blood letting. Not Primeau, not Recchi, not JR. He has stunk in Phoenix, letting in about an entire goal per game more than Burke last season. He isn't even an upgrade to Hackett.

Good point, but since he got traded, it wasn't really a point of issue about what he said. I do recall that, however, and I think that was the main reason he got shipped off moreso then because Cechmanek was better than him.

The fact of the matter is, he is the 3rd goalie in Phoenix, and they can't send him down because he has enough value to be traded, just like Zac Bierk. They're both too good to get waived.

Dr Love 11-11-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The fact of the matter is, he is the 3rd goalie in Phoenix, and they can't send him down because he has enough value to be traded, just like Zac Bierk. They're both too good to get waived.

He went unclaimed in the waiver draft though, so that says something.

daynus 11-11-2003 12:31 PM

Too good to be waived.Shakes head.

Quote:

He went unclaimed in the waiver draft though, so that says something.

bang on Doc. The value Bouch has on the open market is a roll of tape and a package of sponge pucks and 6 budweiser.