HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Realistic Expectations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=267793)

RightKinger 07-06-2006 02:06 AM

Realistic Expectations

I'm using Ziggy's roster for this. Let's assume that both Kopitar and O'Sullivan make the team. These are my realistic expectations for next season because I think we are pretty much done dealing now that we are close to the cap.
LW C RW
Frolov G 30 PTS 80 - Conroy G 20 PTS 60 - Cammalleri G 30 PTS 60
O'Sullivan G 20 PTS 40 - Kopitar G 15 PTS 35 - Brown G 20 PTS 40
Thornton G 10 PTS 20 - McCauley G 15 PTS 30 - Willsie G 15 PTS 30
Avery G 15 PTS 30 - Belanger G 15 PTS 30 - Kostopoulos G 5 PTS 15
D
Gleason G 10 PTS 25 - Blake G 15 PTS 45
Sopel G 5 PTS 25 - Visnovsky G 15 PTS 45
Norstrom G 2 PTS 20 - Miller G 2 PTS 10
G
Cloutier-Garon/Laberbera

Scratches: Cowan, Parros, Weaver, Armstrong (minors)

Manchester: Pushkarev, Tukonen, Petiot

Where will we finish? 10th place

What do you guys think?

willie 07-06-2006 02:12 AM

Firstly, I'm quite sure DL isn't done. I'm certain we'll see some trades and perhaps another signing.

Secondly, no chance Frolov leads this team by 20 pts. The guy doesn't have the individual talent to finish that much higher than his next teammate. Frankly, I'd be surprised if he outscored Cammalleri.

Thirdly, 10 goals for Gleason? Keep Dreaming..

I'd also hazard a guess that you are undershooting Blake & Vis, as well as McCauley. (I have a good feeling about him barring injuries)

CowMix 07-06-2006 02:12 AM

i think the 3rd d-line should be Sopel-Miller, i think the d will look like this:

Norstrom - Vinovsky
Blake - Gleason
Sopel - Miller

Live in the Now 07-06-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Firstly, I'm quite sure DL isn't done. I'm certain we'll see some trades and perhaps another signing.
Far more trades. I think that he wants Frolov gone, and with the acquisition of Cloutier, Garon may be gone too. Add that to the fact that Brown is a great trading piece as is Conroy, and we really don't know.

Not saying all those guys will be dealt, but that we didn't think Cloutier was coming here either. We don't know what's next.

RightKinger 07-06-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie (Post 5938575)

Secondly, no chance Frolov leads this team by 20 pts. The guy doesn't have the individual talent to finish that much higher than his next teammate. Frankly, I'd be surprised if he outscored Cammalleri.

Thirdly, 10 goals for Gleason? Keep Dreaming..

I'd also hazard a guess that you are undershooting Blake & Vis, as well as McCauley. (I have a good feeling about him barring injuries)

Gleason was hard because if he does play with Blake and he gets PP time then I think its very possible that he gets 10 goals. Blake got alot of his assists from rebounds on the PP and all those talented forwards in COL. I pretty much expect the same out of Visnovsky as last season.

RightKinger 07-06-2006 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix (Post 5938580)
i think the 3rd d-line should be Sopel-Miller, i think the d will look like this:

Norstrom - Vinovsky
Blake - Gleason
Sopel - Miller

I think so too but remember what DL said. I also said that I am using the roster that Ziggy has.

two out of three* 07-06-2006 03:02 AM

One thing we can definitley be sure of..

The Ducks will own us this year.

Mindcircus 07-06-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us (Post 5938751)

I empty blood out of my ears every time i hear that.

TubbyTerrion* 07-06-2006 03:11 AM

Do you realize how difficult it is to agree with FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us... ever... :)

Or, is he agreeing with me?

No difference.

took420s 07-06-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

They still have to play the games people...

tomd 07-06-2006 10:44 AM

and after somehow staying in the playoff "hunt" (i.e. within shouting distance of 8th position), Lombardi trades Tukonen and Lewis for a couple of rent-a-vets. the kings promptly finish 11th in the conference and end up with the 13th pick in the draft. hockey pundits widely believe that there are twelve outstanding prospects followed by a huge drop-off. Lombardi decries finishing in the "black hole" blaming the previous management...and the cycle of mediocrity continues...

Fat Elvis 07-06-2006 10:48 AM

Leftkinger, I seriously doubt you'll see that line of Sully-Kopitar-Brown this next season for any period of time. You are assuming that Anze makes the team as second line center. I just don't think that will happen out of camp. No diss on Anze, it's just the McCauley and Willsie moves just may push him down to the A for a season or part of.

I predict a trade coming that includes Garon, a Dmen, maybe Fro, maybe a pick for a scoring winger or center or both. That is as far as may powers allow me to see into the future:confused:

Reaper45 07-06-2006 10:48 AM

I can see Frolov and Cammy each being 30-30 guys where Conroy will be a 20-40 guy. Garon gets dealt for a d prospect. Kopitar starts in Manchester. After that?

KingsCourt 07-06-2006 12:19 PM

I tell you i'm excited that the prospect of the O'Sullivan/Kopitar/Brown line. If Kopitar actually makes the team.

KingsCourt 07-06-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

sadly it's true.

Tadite 07-06-2006 02:00 PM

I think we will be in the running for the 8th spot. But I agree with your expectations.

McSorley 33 07-06-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsCourt (Post 5942228)
I tell you i'm excited that the prospect of the O'Sullivan/Kopitar/Brown line. If Kopitar actually makes the team.

That would be an excellent line and exciting too. Please oh please keep Brown. Why would DL want to trade him?

:kings

CowMix 07-06-2006 03:30 PM

i don't think DL has faith in any the players that DT brought in, while that is good in some aspects, in other its not.