HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Eklund reporting Shanahan in Montreal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=267871)

HabsoluteFate 07-06-2006 09:50 AM

Eklund reporting Shanahan in Montreal...

that it is a possibility...i guess you can scratch Montreal's chances of getting him now!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2310

HomaridII 07-06-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate (Post 5940455)
that it is a possibility...i guess you can scratch Montreal's chances of getting him now!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2310

WOW $5.2mill/year is a lot of money. If its a 2 year contract I MIGHT consider giving it to him, otherwise, if he wants a 3rd year, thats too much IMO.

Pat 07-06-2006 09:56 AM

does Ekfool seem desperate for attention or what? he's had Shanahan confirmed all over the place this week.

waffledave 07-06-2006 09:59 AM

I bet he wrote that after he saw on habfans that someone said Shanahan was in Montreal yesterday.

znk 07-06-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 5940511)
does Ekfool seem desperate for attention or what? he's had Shanahan confirmed all over the place this week.

Will you just give it up.
Eklund has been amazingly accurate this free agent season.
God you guys are anoying.

And maybe you should change the title of this thread....Eklund is not reporting Shanahan is montreal....he's saying montreal is in the hunt.

gusfring 07-06-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 5940545)
Will you just give it up.
Eklund has been amazingly accurate this free agent season.
God you guys are anoying.

And maybe you should change the title of this thread....Eklund is not reporting Shanahan is montreal....he's saying montreal is in the hunt.

I know. I don't remember Eklund forcing anyone to read his stuff.

Rscorpio 07-06-2006 10:02 AM

**** !!!

so.... No Shanahan to Montreal :shakehead

GoHabsGO252006 07-06-2006 10:05 AM

He wasn't overly specific on any of his statements about Shanahan today. First saying Montreal is in the running, then Boston might not be able to afford 5.2M even though I doubt BG will give him that, then sayinghe might return to Detroit. I'm so confused, why won't he just make up his mind.

beowulf 07-06-2006 10:06 AM

That's a lot of money for a guy his age. It's a gamble, he could come out and have the same type of season as last year or begin to show his age and "tank". As someone further up said, if it's for 2 years then it might be worth it but it might tie the teams hands for a deadline trade.

HomaridII 07-06-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 (Post 5940590)
He wasn't overly specific on any of his statements about Shanahan today. First saying Montreal is in the running, then Boston might not be able to afford 5.2M even though I doubt BG will give him that, then sayinghe might return to Detroit. I'm so confused, why won't he just make up his mind.

Because Shanahan hasn't made up his, thats why.

Haddock 07-06-2006 10:07 AM

He's saying Montreal's in the running, wich is something everybody knew for at least a full week. Is this suppose to be some sort of scoop?

NORiculous 07-06-2006 10:09 AM

You title is miss leading. I don't see any mention of Shanahan in montreal or Shanahan close to a deal with montreal. All he said is that the Habs could jump in the sweeps for him today.

greatlakeshab 07-06-2006 10:12 AM

If Shanahan wants 5.2 million it would be better to try to steal an RFA from another team and give up picks. Bergeron for 4.75 million 6 years and you've locked up a great center.

BORAT 07-06-2006 10:14 AM

talked to Judy, she said over 12 teams are in this although the Habs will do anything to sign him , George Gillett would also get involved

BORAT 07-06-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatlakeshab (Post 5940647)
If Shanahan wants 5.2 million it would be better to try to steal an RFA from another team and give up picks. Bergeron for 4.75 million 6 years and you've locked up a great center.

Bergeron would refuse, he HATTTTTES the Habs with a passion

cjbhab* 07-06-2006 10:14 AM

Why does everyone have such raw feelings for Eklund?

Like someone said above, nobody forces you to read his stuff.

I myself love Eklund. He has some interesting stuff and a lot of the time his rumours come true. So what if some of his rumours may have not happened in the end. Sometimes deals fall through.

Eklund's blog is unreal. Lots of bloggers, good hockey info. I respect Eklund.

I think that some of you people on here are jealous of his success.

Subban Fan 07-06-2006 10:16 AM

Is it true that shanny and Muller are friends???

waffledave 07-06-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Bergeron hates the Habs.

He's got the B tattooed on his heart!

beowulf 07-06-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

As Borat just mentioned and also like that whole thread from last week, Bergeron would never sign here in Montreal, he hates the team and was a Nords fan from what I understand.

CrazyShea 07-06-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 5940674)
Why does everyone have such raw feelings for Eklund?

Like someone said above, nobody forces you to read his stuff.

I myself love Eklund. He has some interesting stuff and a lot of the time his rumours come true. So what if some of his rumours may have not happened in the end. Sometimes deals fall through.

Eklund's blog is unreal. Lots of bloggers, good hockey info. I respect Eklund.

I think that some of you people on here are jealous of his success.

We dont have to go to eklunds site to read his stuff. As soon as he mentions a rumor concerning the habs 20 threads gets made on this board and is hard to avoid reading it with misleading titles.

BORAT 07-06-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 5940690)
As Borat just mentioned and also like that whole thread from last week, Bergeron would never sign here in Montreal, he hates the team and was a Nords fan from what I understand.

Bingo ! :bow:

cjbhab* 07-06-2006 10:19 AM

fair enough, but it isn't Eklund's fault that some idiot can't make a proper title, no offence to the thread starter, lol

Dan K 07-06-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1 (Post 5940683)
Is it true that shanny and Muller are friends???

Yes.

MaCam 07-06-2006 10:21 AM

Wow one of you guys think your gunna get Bergeron lmao? Good Luck with that I'm sure we're gunna let him go that easily.

HabsoluteFate 07-06-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 5940729)
fair enough, but it isn't Eklund's fault that some idiot can't make a proper title, no offence to the thread starter, lol

If you don't like the thread title then don't bother reading through the thread. It will save you time.

By the way the title was titled on purpose this way to stir up the pot so to speak a little...this forum has been a little more "boring" the last 24 hours