HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jessiman Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26799)

OttMorrow 11-09-2003 10:46 AM

Jessiman Proposal

What would it take for the Stars to pry Jessiman away from the Rangers?

Would this do it?

Zubov, DiMaio, and a 2nd rounder

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-09-2003 10:50 AM

No.

nyr5186 11-09-2003 11:14 AM

Even if we wanted Zubov, which at this stage of his career we dont, the Stars would have to take on Malakhov's and/or Mironov's contract as well.

If you have any young top line players you're willing to give up, like Morrow, then maybe we'll talk, but otherwise, Jessiman is untouchable. He's one of the few things to look forward to for the future.

dedalus 11-09-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttMorrow
What would it take for the Stars to pry Jessiman away from the Rangers?

Would this do it?

Zubov, DiMaio, and a 2nd rounder

Well I wouldn't touch it but Sather would probably be tempted by a couple of 30+ players, especially since he'd only be giving up a kid he never intends on playing.

OttMorrow 11-09-2003 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Well I wouldn't touch it but Sather would probably be tempted by a couple of 30+ players, especially since he'd only be giving up a kid he never intends on playing.

How about Miettinen, Ott, and a 3rd rounder?

dedalus 11-09-2003 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttMorrow
How about Miettinen, Ott, and a 3rd rounder?

I see no reason to believe that Sather is interested in youth. He barely plays what he has. Zubov would be far more tempting to him.

Fire Sather 11-09-2003 12:17 PM

No way Jessiman leaves..he has possible Bertuzzi upside at best. Doubt that though.

devildan 11-09-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapa999
Are you crazy? I rather give you Jessiman for free as long as you keep your junk

Holy ****, you guys are friggen homers. Zubov is a top 15 D-man in the nhl, while Jessiman is an unproven and slightly risky prospect. That being said, it is highly unlikely that a team would trade their 1st round pick less than a year later.

EvilCorporateLawyer 11-09-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildan
Holy ****, you guys are friggen homers. Zubov is a top 15 D-man in the nhl, while Jessiman is an unproven and slightly risky prospect. That being said, it is highly unlikely that a team would trade their 1st round pick less than a year later.

Top 15? When? He is decent, but he's old and an offensive d-man whom we don't need. Dimaio sucks. And the 2nd hardly makes up for losing our best prospect outside of Tyutin.

This proposal sucked, sir, and you call us homers. Jesus, when we give up youth we get blasted. When we want to hold onto it, we're homers. ****.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-09-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildan

How is wanting to hold on to a prospect being a homer? How is being excited about a prospect a flaw?

And how, exactly does Zubov helps this team? He is not the big defensive defenseman the Rangers need.

devildan 11-09-2003 01:23 PM

Let me rephrase my post.

Holy poop, Shappa999 is a friggen homer. Junk? Zubov is a top 15 D-man in the nhl, while the second roudner IS a second rounder. Jessiman meanwhile, is an unproven and slightly risky prospect. Besides, given the rangers past history, it isnt all too out of the question that slats would trade a prospect for someone who would be his #2 defenceman. That being said, it is highly unlikely that a team would trade their 1st round pick less than a year later or that the stars would take away their #1 guy from their already weakend corps.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-09-2003 05:38 PM

Sather traded DiMaio right after he got here. I doubt that he'd have interest in him--especially with Rheaume recently signed. As for Zubov--that would be tempting, he would be a solid addition, but only if Sather had solid plans to move Poti. Having Zubov would ease Tyutin's move into the NHL and give him a solid role model to pattern himself on.

Change the spare part to someone else and find us a good trade for Poti and it's a deal.

LaLaLaprise 11-09-2003 05:48 PM

Jessiman is over rated, just my opinion.

Shadowtron 11-09-2003 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
Jessiman is over rated, just my opinion.

Chances are. But a team in desperate need of a promising stable, you have to take them as you get them.

barnaby63 11-09-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Sather traded DiMaio right after he got here. I doubt that he'd have interest in him--especially with Rheaume recently signed. As for Zubov--that would be tempting, he would be a solid addition, but only if Sather had solid plans to move Poti. Having Zubov would ease Tyutin's move into the NHL and give him a solid role model to pattern himself on.

Change the spare part to someone else and find us a good trade for Poti and it's a deal.

this coming from a person who bashes sather for trading away our youth? great job, you trade away one our top prospects for an aging defenseman, a role player and a pick. then you trade poti who is about as good as zubov on offense.

youth movement! hahaha.

#37-#93-#27* 11-09-2003 06:51 PM

Zubov is deffinitely a top 15 defenseman and the trade is deffinitely in favor of the Rangers. Problem is it's not the right move for us considering the salary concerns and lack of youth.

The second deal I would do in a HEART BEAT but as said before Sather would not be interested in youth.

Miettinen is a 30-40 goal scorer in the making, anyone who calls that junk or doesn't see how good this deal simply put does not know these prospects. Ott himself is a highly touted prospect with very good upside. The third would just make the deal sweeter.

Both deals are better value wise for us. I'm sure most Dallas fans would hate them. The first deal is not a match with us competant fans but for Sather it would be a wet dream. The second offer is an absolute steal of a deal.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-09-2003 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
this coming from a person who bashes sather for trading away our youth? great job, you trade away one our top prospects for an aging defenseman, a role player and a pick. then you trade poti who is about as good as zubov on offense.

youth movement! hahaha.

Obviously, I have a lesser opinion of Poti and his supposed potential than some others on this board have. And I wouldn't exactly characterize Zubov as an "aging" defenseman either. He's one of the top defenseman in the league--just below the level of the true elite (although some people would argue that he's one of the overlooked elite). He's solid defensively and he regularly plays 25 minutes a game. He won't need to have Leetch as a partner in order to play well either. He'll be declining right about the time the 2nd round pick is ready to play in the NHL. And in case you didn't notice I said I didn't want DiMiao--we already have plenty of role players and I would prefer we get back someone younger along with the draft pick.

Jessiman is a long way from the NHL and there is no guarantee that he will even develop into a star college player much less a professional. Most "experts" think he was drafted too high and many say he is high risk/high reward. The fact that I am willing to deal him away may very well be because I suspect Sather is picking prospects who he knows will not be ready to play in the NHL until he's long gone from this franchise. That way he doesn't have the pesky problem of having to give them enough ice time to develop.

The only reason why I responded is because this trade is a complete fantasy (and it's a rather slow Sunday) and I alway thought that trading Zubov was a major mistake. Zubov is one of the crucial players for Dallas and I seriously doubt that they would be willing to trade him for anyone--especially after trading away Sydor--much less a prospect who will not be ready to play in the NHL for several years at least. In any case, the poster (and you) have completely undervalued what Zubov is worth.

Vlad The Impaler 11-09-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Are you crazy? I rather give you Jessiman for free as long as you keep your junk

Junk??? :lol:

If such a ridiculous offer was on the table, Sather would jump all over it. At worst, he can turn around and trade Zubov foir one, possibly two prospects of a similar or better value and get DiMaio (meh) and a 2nd rounder for free.

I'll admit I'm not all that high on Jessiman but I would think long and hard about such an offer even if I liked the prospect. You simply don't get the chance to get such a defenseman often in this league.

Granted, it's NY and I can see why fans are tired of highly-paid mercenaries and such. It's just that to call Zubov, Dimaio and a 2nd "junk", you have to be profoundly challenged in hockey matters.

I also would not qualify Zubov as stricly an offensive D. He plays sound hockey. It just happens that he is an offensive wizard to boot.

OttMorrow 11-09-2003 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Miettinen is a 30-40 goal scorer in the making

He will most likely be a 25-30 consistent goal scorer in this league who will contend for the Selke. 40 is probably out of reach. But I would rather have a Lehtinen-like player than a 40 goal scorer.

Ajacied 11-09-2003 10:30 PM

What the!

Zubov?? He ain't going nowhere, he's out top defenseman and always has been. DiMaio has been among our best forwards so far, can't see why we trade him either.

Zubov is an untouchable, God knows why you included him.

And hells no I wouldn't trade Orr or Miettinen for Jessiman straight up..

These proposals are dumb and carry no further credit to me..

#37-#93-#27* 11-10-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:

Miettinen is nice but I rather take my chances with Jessiman for now. Jessiman is 4 years younger, 7 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier. I don't have any interest in Ott. Also Stars aren't much better in their treatment of youth than the Rangers, so I really doubt Miettinen will reach his potential there or here. And what is going on with Malhotra, everybody thought he was going to get a good chance and icetime in Dallas, but he is treated even worse than here.

Morrow, Turco, Ott, Miettinen, Lehtinen, Daley, Kapanen, Erskine

I'd say they are much better then we are.

Ajacied 11-10-2003 08:17 AM

Quote:

Zubov is 33, 40-55 point defenseman who absolutely sucks defensively, sorry I rather have my Poti or see Tyutin finally.

:lol:

You know, Zubov isn't the same as he was during his Rag days. Your reply is plain stupid and ignorant with a little bitter taste to it.

Zubov survived Hitchcock's system for crying out loud and is a simular defenseman in his own zone as Brian Leetch. So Mention how Zub sucks in his own zone as much as you want, but remember to include Leetch in the same sentence..

#37-#93-#27* 11-10-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Kapanen and Morrow are 25 years old, Daley played in 3 games, Lehtinen is 30 years old, the rest don't seem to be producing much probably because of lack of quality icetime. Turco is 28 and started playing for Stars only at 25.

What's your point?

They are all home grown talent. 3 of which are legitament top 6 forwards, 1 is a top 5 NHL goaltender. Miettinen, Ott and Daley are all highly touted rookies currently playing good minutes for their perenial cup contending team. Like I said, they handle their prospects <b>much</b> better then we do.

JR#9* 11-10-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Zubov survived Hitchcock's system for crying out loud and is a simular defenseman in his own zone as Brian Leetch. So Mention how Zub sucks in his own zone as much as you want, but remember to include Leetch in the same sentence..

Shappa is a unique individual in his thoughts on this board to say it nicely and Zubov is a great d-man who does play a very heady game in his own zone and is unfairly tagged with the "can't play D tag" but also on the flip side MOG, you blast him fgor his ignorance but then stupidly add "make sure you add Leetch to that list" of guys who can't play D, thus displaying your own ignorance. :dunno:

RushingRocket 11-10-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

You know, Zubov isn't the same as he was during his Rag days.

true...Zubov was 10 years younger with the rangers and had an 89 point season. He's quite different now...

Zubov's good, no doubt, but Poti and Leetch already fill that role, we don't need a third...

and isnt Zubov -10 so far?