HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumour from Flyers board (Gagne) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=268030)

flick0069 07-06-2006 01:48 PM

Rumour from Flyers board (Gagne)

Posted by a guy named Nachbaur (formerly known as Ilka) who posts rumors a lot, here and there gets one right and would SEEM to have some inside source.

I haven't posted since June 19th, so someone was having a good time. Any mod can check the IP numbers and see that it wasn't me. Anyway, Hatcher is gone. His brand new house in Haddonfield is up for sale. Here is a surreal rumor that I just heard:

Bob Suave, the agent for Gagne, has informed the Flyers that the Montreal Canadiens are preparing to offer Simon Gagne an offer sheet in excess of of $5 million a year. This would constitute the Flyers receiving 4 first rounders, but the Candiens are willing to to negotiate compensation. Markov's name is being mentioned. If I was Clarke, I would take the 4 1st rounders because with parity in the new NHL, a couple of those picks could be top 5'ers

Traitor8 07-06-2006 01:50 PM

wow..5 M $ ...is it really 4 1st round picks? that's a lot ...

and maybe the Poti rumors do make sense if Markov is being traded ...not that Poti is as good as Markov but he could I guess replace him on the PP.

Montrealer 07-06-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flick0069 (Post 5943511)
Posted by a guy named Nachbaur (formerly known as Ilka) who posts rumors a lot, here and there gets one right and would SEEM to have some inside source.

I haven't posted since June 19th, so someone was having a good time. Any mod can check the IP numbers and see that it wasn't me. Anyway, Hatcher is gone. His brand new house in Haddonfield is up for sale. Here is a surreal rumor that I just heard:

Bob Suave, the agent for Gagne, has informed the Flyers that the Montreal Canadiens are preparing to offer Simon Gagne an offer sheet in excess of of $5 million a year. This would constitute the Flyers receiving 4 first rounders, but the Candiens are willing to to negotiate compensation. Markov's name is being mentioned. If I was Clarke, I would take the 4 1st rounders because with parity in the new NHL, a couple of those picks could be top 5'ers

That Bob Suave is a real ladies man.

sXe 07-06-2006 01:51 PM

Agents never lie.

HomaridII 07-06-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flick0069 (Post 5943511)

4 first round picks? Thats a boat load of picks..

deandebean 07-06-2006 01:52 PM

It's rico! Rico Suave!

waffledave 07-06-2006 01:52 PM

I sure hope not. Not for Markov...Not for 4 1sts...

flick0069 07-06-2006 01:53 PM

Don't think it's true .....probably just using us as leverage.

BigTimer* 07-06-2006 01:54 PM

Offer 4, 999, 999 per season in the offer sheet. If Gagne signs it, the Flyers might match it, but why risk the 4 first rounders right away by offering 5 million?

Madevilz 07-06-2006 01:55 PM

Im not quite sure Gagné is worth four 1st rounders....

#44_delivers 07-06-2006 01:56 PM

this rumour smells like poo

DerekT 07-06-2006 01:56 PM

Expect The Unexpected!

HabsUnited 07-06-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 5943573)
I sure hope not. Not for Markov...Not for 4 1sts...

Personally, I wouldn't mind trading Markov for Gagne or another established player that we'd lock up for 3-4 years. I'm not convinced that Markov will re-sign next summer and if Gainey trades him it might be because he doesn't think Markov will re-sign as well. So 3-4 years of Gagne > 1 year of Markov IMO.

ControlFreak 07-06-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madevilz (Post 5943610)
Im not quite sure Gagné is worth four 1st rounders....

I agree, and though I seriously doubt the validity of this rumor the flip side of things is as follows: what are the odds of drafting a talent as good if not better than Gagne in the next four years? It might be a risk I would be willing to take.

Dark Knight 07-06-2006 01:59 PM

I suggest you guys keep Markov. He's terribly underrated. Flyers fans believe Gagne isnt worth 5 million, but with the signing of Tanguay and Gaborik to those long term ridiculous deals, his value can reach 5.5, maybe even 6.

If you guys lost 4 1sts for Gagne you will will be taking a step down, not up! You guys made the playoffs last year. Continue your drafting, and acquire key free agents. No need to completely change the face of your franchise.

This coming from a Leafs fan.

AH 07-06-2006 02:00 PM

Hey, at least we would have some sort of activity...

Isn't that what the whiners want?

cjbhab 07-06-2006 02:02 PM

So, we wouldn't have a first rounder for 4 years?

Is it really worth that?

LeHab 07-06-2006 02:07 PM

Markov > Gagné

Sorry we don't have a Forsberg to make him a +40 goals scorer on a regular base.

I'd offer 4 1st round picks for guys like Stall, Phaneuf, Crosby or Ovechkin but not Gagné.

Anyway, I'am highly confident, Gangé is not coming here...unless it is a trade which won't involve Markov.

Ridiculous rumour.

bennysflyers16 07-06-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 5943726)
So, we wouldn't have a first rounder for 4 years?

Is it really worth that?

As a Flyer fan and Gags fan, I would take your 4 1st's and sign Samsanov. Sammy and 4 1st >>>>>>>>>>>>>Gags. !
Can't see it happening though.

BigTimer* 07-06-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDdY (Post 5943679)
I suggest you guys keep Markov. He's terribly underrated. Flyers fans believe Gagne isnt worth 5 million, but with the signing of Tanguay and Gaborik to those long term ridiculous deals, his value can reach 5.5, maybe even 6.

If you guys lost 4 1sts for Gagne you will will be taking a step down, not up! You guys made the playoffs last year. Continue your drafting, and acquire key free agents. No need to completely change the face of your franchise.

With the salary cap in place, the window of opportunity is shorter than it was before. The guys we drafted two weeks ago probably won't be part of this upcoming core (Higgins, Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Latendresse, Chipchura/Lapierre) so I don't really see how throwing away 4 1st rounders (which I wouldn't be ok in losing for Gagne, mind you) could really affect the next 3-5 years of this franchise. While those 4 first rounders would add some solid depth to our prospect pool, chances are (I hope) that we'll be drafting out of the top-15 so a true gamebreaker probably won't be available.

NORiculous 07-06-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDdY (Post 5943679)

That is one reason, added to the fact that lots of kids are comming up right now, to give up the 4 1st. The Habs have dept in the kids department and Gagné could be exaclty what the Habs are missing to go deep... right now.

If you have lots of kids comming up and you also have a shot of going deep right now, 4 1st doesn't seem like a too big of a price to pay. It all depends on if Bob thinks Gagné is the player he needs.

Fido22 07-06-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninot (Post 5943630)
Expect The Unexpected!

yeap. not sure even Gainey expected this!

cjbhab 07-06-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido22 (Post 5943812)
yeap. not sure even Gainey expected this!

yep, haha Gainey probably has no knowledge of this, lol

Artie 07-06-2006 02:15 PM

Gainey is probably banking on somebody making Ribiero a $5m offer next year and he'll get the 4 picks back.

Rscorpio 07-06-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 5943571)
It's rico! Rico Suave!

RIco ....Suave :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7hEh4padQ