HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Martin Erat appreciation thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26805)

darth5 11-09-2003 10:03 AM

Martin Erat appreciation thread
 
Marty deserves a lot of props for his performance of late, especially vs. the Wings last night. In the 1st and 2nd he was so aggresive on the forecheck he was sometimes 1 on 3 down there and stealing the puck. And he was absolutley HUGE in the third. Everytime he was on the ice things seemed to happen. He played above the level of his rookie year last night-- maybe he can rub off on Arkhi!

Lets go PREDS!!! :handclap:

darth5 11-09-2003 10:04 AM

BTW, NHL.com listed him as the first star of the game! :bow:

Olaf 11-09-2003 10:32 AM

Erat was the best player on the ice last night. He is playing with great energy.

Radulov for Czar* 11-09-2003 11:11 AM

If only he would switch back to 19 so my only Preds jersey isn't useless anymore. :joker: I knew Marty could do it, and I'm glad it was against a big rival in a BIG win..

sparkle twin 11-09-2003 11:30 PM

I’ve been talking about him for the past few games now. He’s just shown so much improvement from last year it’s amazing. He’s been throwing checks, good checks. Every time he goes out there he creates something. He really deserved that goal, actually he deserves to have about 5 by now by how hard he’s been working out there. Before we started to play in the third pd, I was so mad and hollering about how Erat and Orszagh were the only ones out there playing hard and that if they could, they should play the entire rest of the period! Way to go Marty, keep it going! :handclap:

triggrman 11-10-2003 02:35 AM

He looked good in the Chicago game too. Right now Erat, Hall and Hartnell are our best players.

dulzhok 11-11-2003 12:36 PM

Interesting that Trotz said in the paper that he probably shoud've given him more ice time earlier. Maybe he should start taking advice from us.

He should've given him more ice time last year. People talk about how much he struggled last year, but I think he just wasn't given much of an opportunity. When the Vowel line didn't produce much after the first couple of games, Trotz sent Erat to 4th line / healthy scratch role. It's hard to make an impact playing <10 minutes a game on 4th line. Because Erat could clear waviers, he took the blame for the vowel line not producing at the start of the season (when it was mainly Arkhipov). His confidence was at a low in Milwaukee.

I'm glad to see Erat getting an opportunity again and making the most of it. However, if we want to maximize Erat's ability, he needs a goalscorer to play with. Erat's not a scorer at this point, and he's not going to grow into one overnight. However, he does have soft hands, so it's not out the question that he will develop better goalscoring ability IN TIME. At present, he needs a goalscorer to play with. In my dream world, we somehow acquire Patrick Marleau and they complement each other very well.

triggrman 11-12-2003 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Interesting that Trotz said in the paper that he probably shoud've given him more ice time earlier. Maybe he should start taking advice from us.

He should've given him more ice time last year. People talk about how much he struggled last year, but I think he just wasn't given much of an opportunity. When the Vowel line didn't produce much after the first couple of games, Trotz sent Erat to 4th line / healthy scratch role. It's hard to make an impact playing <10 minutes a game on 4th line. Because Erat could clear waviers, he took the blame for the vowel line not producing at the start of the season (when it was mainly Arkhipov). His confidence was at a low in Milwaukee.

I'm glad to see Erat getting an opportunity again and making the most of it. However, if we want to maximize Erat's ability, he needs a goalscorer to play with. Erat's not a scorer at this point, and he's not going to grow into one overnight. However, he does have soft hands, so it's not out the question that he will develop better goalscoring ability IN TIME. At present, he needs a goalscorer to play with. In my dream world, we somehow acquire Patrick Marleau and they complement each other very well.

he struggled less than Wilm or Arkhipov. Notice Trotz always has some sort of problem with players that produce? Cisar, Tenkrat, Krivokrasov, Ronning, Legwand, Erat, Kjellberg...... Sometimes I think he doesn't want someone puting up too good numbers as he would have to stop using the talent excuse.

PredsMan 11-12-2003 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
he struggled less than Wilm or Arkhipov. Notice Trotz always has some sort of problem with players that produce? Cisar, Tenkrat, Krivokrasov, Ronning, Legwand, Erat, Kjellberg...... Sometimes I think he doesn't want someone puting up too good numbers as he would have to stop using the talent excuse.


No, he just wants consistency. None of the guys you mentioned have ever showed much of it. If you have the skills, he wants you using them.

triggrman 11-12-2003 04:04 AM

Ronning is one of the leagues most consistant players.

Joe T Choker 11-12-2003 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Ronning is one of the leagues most consistant players.

*starts counting his fingers and toes, twice*

October 1, 1965 ... he's also one of the oldest in the league as well, why hasn't he been picked up by anyone?... too damm old

Jarnberg 11-12-2003 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
*starts counting his fingers and toes, twice*

October 1, 1965 ... he's also one of the oldest in the league as well, why hasn't he been picked up by anyone?... too damm old

I don't think triggr was refering to acquiring Ronning, but talking about Ronning playing consistant for the Preds

darth5 11-12-2003 06:15 AM

I've started a thread on the Sens board about trading a D prospect and a pick for a ready-for-primetime finisher.

The Sens are so loaded with forward talent they are jammed up with guys who would already be playing on many teams...

triggrman 11-12-2003 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
I don't think triggr was refering to acquiring Ronning, but talking about Ronning playing consistant for the Preds

Thank you

PredsMan 11-12-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Ronning is one of the leagues most consistant players.

Cliff was consistant year-to-year statwise, but don't you remember the long droughts he'd get in, going 12-15 games without a goal?

triggrman 11-12-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
Cliff was consistant year-to-year statwise, but don't you remember the long droughts he'd get in, going 12-15 games without a goal?

That's every player in the on our team.

I can pick every player on our team apart, if I needed too.

PredsMan 11-12-2003 01:07 PM

That's all I was trying to say.

triggrman 11-12-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
That's all I was trying to say.

That's my problem with Trotz. How many times did was Yachmenev a healthy scratch? He'll let things slide as long as you play mostly a defensive role, then it's ok to be one dimensional but if you play an offensive role and let your defense slide, you're benched or released.

PredsMan 11-12-2003 03:43 PM

I think the distinction comes, when you aren't having success in the role they want for you.

Offensive players are expected to put up offensive numbers. They aren't paid to be checkers(although they are expected to be responsible in most cases). If we didn't need Ronning (for example) to score goals, why not have 12 Clarke Wilm type guys?

Yachmenev- although he had some offensive ability, he was mostly used because he was reliable. He didn't hurt you on the ice, and when he did pop in a goal, it was a bonus. Obviously he ultimately lost his job because of his lack of finishing last season, even though he was one of our top defensive guys.

I do see your point, though...I'm just not sure there's a REAL answer. It's coach's perogative I guess.

dulzhok 11-12-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
Cliff was consistant year-to-year statwise, but don't you remember the long droughts he'd get in, going 12-15 games without a goal?

He might have had a goal drought here and there, but no one is claiming him to be a true sniper.

BUT he consistently produced offensive chances, whether it be for him, or Kjellberg, Krivokrasov, Walker, Hartnell, etc. He's by far the most consistent offensive player the Predators have seen (that's not saying a whole lot, though).

triggrman 11-12-2003 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
I think the distinction comes, when you aren't having success in the role they want for you.

Offensive players are expected to put up offensive numbers. They aren't paid to be checkers(although they are expected to be responsible in most cases). If we didn't need Ronning (for example) to score goals, why not have 12 Clarke Wilm type guys?

Yachmenev- although he had some offensive ability, he was mostly used because he was reliable. He didn't hurt you on the ice, and when he did pop in a goal, it was a bonus. Obviously he ultimately lost his job because of his lack of finishing last season, even though he was one of our top defensive guys.

I do see your point, though...I'm just not sure there's a REAL answer. It's coach's perogative I guess.

That's my point, I don't think when it comes to offense Trotz knows the answers either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.